• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

dr. appointments

Thelukaskezik

imported post

most hospitals are gun-free zones. i was told once that their policy stands because guns 'dont positively contribute to their healing and safe atmosphere." and most hospitals/clinics are posted, but my DR's office has a no-gun policy too; it's just not posted very well. you can always call ahead and ask i guess.

widescreen

imported post

I took my daughter to the Primary Health down in Nampa off the Blvd, and Midland Rd. Had a real positive experience there. The Doc (maybe he was a PA) grew up in Melba, and lectured me as to why he thought CC Permits are just another way to tax people. He was very 2A friendly. The whole staff at this office is extremely friendly and I had no problems there.

ecocks

imported post

I know St. Alphonsus has a No Weapons sign on the entry doors at both the clinics and the main hospital.

As others are saying, I have carried to doctor's offices in regular buildings but I respect St. Alphonsus' wish and leave the gun locked in the car when I have to take my parents to the doctors in their buildings.

ISRAEL

imported post

THANKS EVERY BODY, I will try to oc when I go to my dr, and see what he say, he can say "no" well HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERY ONE AND PROSPEROUS 2010.

I will be in El Salvador whith beautiful 82 f. at the Pacific beaches, ha ha ha.

Your frendly amigo Israel.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

ecocks wrote:
I know St. Alphonsus has a No Weapons sign on the entry doors at both the clinics and the main hospital.

As others are saying, I have carried to doctor's offices in regular buildings but I respect St. Alphonsus' wish and leave the gun locked in the car when I have to take my parents to the doctors in their buildings.
Anyone who requires me to disarm before I enter doesn't respect my right to life and therefore doesn't merit this kind of respect. This is the main reason I have a concealed weapons license.

Preferably, I'd prefer to choose another place to go anyways. In the case of a hospital or other necessary service, I feel no guilt in breaking their rules.

ecocks

imported post

Sorry, but (IMO) property rights trump the 2A. You have an option to take your trade elsewhere. EVen when you feel that you are"forced" to go in there, you DO have a choice.Choosing to take your business elsewhere is equally your right/privilege but respect for others is the key issue here. Saint Alphonsus has competitors. Make your wishes and feelings known, someday you may swing their opinion back the other direction.