• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wow...

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

Dude is definitely a badass. Walks in with a knife sticking out of his chest and hes like "wow it's cold out there, can I get a coffee?"

This was after walking a half mile with a knife in his chest mind you.

Wow.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
Dude is definitely a badass. Walks in with a knife sticking out of his chest and hes like "wow it's cold out there, can I get a coffee?"

This was after walking a half mile with a knife in his chest mind you.

Wow.

Wow is right.

Too bad he wasn't OCing a rifle. It is highly unlikely he would have been stabbed.

Hmm, NovaMan may be on to something after all....
39.gif

FMCDH

imported post

Its called "Acute Stress Reaction".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_stress_reaction

Very common for gunshot victims or even knifing victims when the injury is not immediately life threatening as to cause system shock and shutdown.

The thing to keep in mind is that a gunshot or knife wound that isn't profusely bleeding and didn't hit anything critical isn't exactly life threatening, so you don't need to be "bad ass" to simply shrug it off for a time. The bodies natural ability to counter or ignore pain is also quite amazing, at-least for a while.

People walk/drive into hospitals under their own power with gunshot and knife wounds all the time.

amzbrady

imported post

perfect example is every movie ever made where the hero in the end is sitting on the end of the ambulance with a bandage wrap on. They then proceed to get up and walk off with their newly found love and bandaged gun shot wound, to go have sex. I wonder if the guy had the knife removed in the diner and bandaged so he could go have sex.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Its called "Acute Stress Reaction".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_stress_reaction

Very common for gunshot victims or even knifing victims when the injury is not immediately life threatening as to cause system shock and shutdown.

The thing to keep in mind is that a gunshot or knife wound that isn't profusely bleeding and didn't hit anything critical isn't exactly life threatening, so you don't need to be "bad ass" to simply shrug it off for a time. The bodies natural ability to counter or ignore pain is also quite amazing, at-least for a while.

People walk/drive into hospitals under their own power with gunshot and knife wounds all the time.
Yep, often your brain shuts down the pain, too....speaking from personal experiences.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I was IN a bad car accident, broke my femur three spots, arm all messed up, more broken bones, and the only thing I was worried was about, was getting my toes accidentally cut off by the jaws of life when the firefighters came :uhoh:. I felt no pain, until I had arm surgery a week later.....holy @#$%, never been in more pain in my life, extra hardware in your arm IS NOT COOL AND DOES NOT MAKE YOU ROBOCOP!!

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Lol! People told me that after I got it. Predicting weather VS NOT HURTING everytime I bump it against something hard. I pick the not hurting part. Screw the weather, we are 50 degree no shirt dudes! Northwest profile # sumthin sumthin!