• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colt Govt. XSE

TehGruu

imported post

Colt makes some great pistols. I have a Colt Commander that I trust my life to. Congrats on your purchase!

-Gruu

45acpForMe

imported post

I bought a Springfield and a Colt 1911. When you take the pistols apart you can see the difference in the thickness of the sides of the slide. The colt is uniform the whole length where the Springfield has varying thickness & random spots.

Both guns shoot well so the manufacturing differences doesn't affect accuracy just I can see that the Colt is the better made pistol. I am happy with both pistols and I am sure you will be happy with yours too.

One note, when you buy a very nice gun first you can get dissappointed when you buy other guns and assume the same level of quality. I started with a Sig P220 which is a great gun and simple to break down. The only thing that disappointed meabout the 1911's arethe additional steps of breaking down and the number of parts to clean.