Thread: World authority with immunity from Constitutional rights??

Post imported post

Why would a president do this other than to steal rights away from citizens? Am I paranoid here?

http://astuteblogger.blogspot.com/20...-civilian.html

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Hmmm... did I miss the start of our second civil war?
    United we STAND!

Post imported post

Ok, that's a little scary. But also not surprising :? I'm gonna have to look deeper into this one.

Post imported post

MrBfromD wrote:
    Ok, that's a little scary. But also not surprising :? I'm gonna have to look deeper into this one.
    Me too. Let me know what you think after some reading.

Post imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
    Hmmm... did I miss the start of our second civil war?
    More like the start of the second revolution! I will not follow any orders from any blue hats
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Banned

Post imported post

I don't really know what this means yet, but I must agree, I wont be following orders from people in blue hats either.

Post imported post

I am both happy and sad to see this post here. Happy that people are finally starting to pay attention to the "removal of civil liberties for security". Sad that it has been happening at an unimaginably accelerated rate for the last 10 years.

If you haven't yet seen it, Fall of the Republic is a very informative documentary.
    http://moviepost.net/5-Fall_of_the_R...l_Version.html

Post imported post

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."
    -David Rockefeller, Memoirs, page 405

Post imported post

EDA50 wrote:
    Why would a president do this other than to steal rights away from citizens? Am I paranoid here?

http://astuteblogger.blogspot.com/20...-civilian.html
    [citation needed]

Calm down please, you might have a stress aneurysm. Presidents and their staff have very little power, all of the power is in congress, which currently has a SLIGHT majority towards the Democrats. However, any act that would violate the constitution would require 2/3 of the vote, and COULD also lead to it to be swatted down by the Supreme Court. Added to that, international "police agencies" have almost no power on US soil.

Do you see Interpol cracking down on pirated movies/music imports? I don't.

-Richard-

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Considering that the Constitution is the "supreme law of the land", I would think that an Executive Order might not trump that...

(Yes, I know. Who follows the Constitution anymore; after all, it's "an imperfect document" that happens to "reflect some deep flaws in American culture". But, still, I am just saying... theoretically....)

Post imported post

Knowing that members of the US Army won't fire on its own US citizens (if civil unrest occurs), sounds like he thought outside the box and is bringing in police from other countries to do the bidding.

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    Knowing that members of the US Army won't fire on its own US citizens (if civil unrest occurs), sounds like he thought outside the box and is bringing in police from other countries to do the bidding.
    I hope those members won't allow others to fire on us...

US Military v. Interpol, live on Versus!

Carry on

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Are you guys aware that the patriot act is set to expire Dec 31, 2009 at midnight? And that the obamination is planning on signing it back into law to continue it?

Why haven't we seen this on the news? everyone is complaining aboutBush, because it destroys rights, but nobody is doing anything to keep it from being re-enacted by the Kenyan!
    (I read about it in my latest NRA magazines)

Banned

Post imported post

I don't know about you guys, but I will not open my door to anyone other than a completely uniformed (american), state or local police officer. Anyone else will be regarded as either a criminal, or foreign invading military.

MERRY CHRISTMAS.....am I still allowed to say that?

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    I don't know about you guys, but I will not open my door to anyone other than a completely uniformed (american), state or local police officer. Anyone else will be regarded as either a criminal, or foreign invading military.

....and even then, they had better be acting within their Constitutional duties and abiding by their oath to defend the Constitution. If they are there to say hi, and I have nothing against them, they will be invited in for a cup of coffee. Otherwise, my property, my rules, my rights. Thanks.

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    Are you guys aware that the patriot act is set to expire Dec 31, 2009 at midnight? And that the obamination is planning on signing it back into law to continue it?

Why haven't we seen this on the news? everyone is complaining aboutBush, because it destroys rights, but nobody is doing anything to keep it from being re-enacted by the Kenyan!
    (I read about it in my latest NRA magazines)
    (Long)

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/indepth_...atriotact.html

Banned

Post imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:

....and even then, they had better be acting within their Constitutional duties and abiding by their oath to defend the Constitution. If they are there to say hi, and I have nothing against them, they will be invited in for a cup of coffee. Otherwise, my property, my rules, my rights. Thanks.
    They can come over for coffee when they are off duty. They may be trying to soften you up, or get into your door, to either get you gabbing, or to search your home. Once you let them in, they can do that. They are trained specifically to let you convict yourself., Better yet, i think I'll pass on that coffee, better to not drink with people who would do that.

Post imported post

I thought the patriot act was already renewed by Obamination? Let's not also forget about the repeals of Habeus Corpus and Posse Comitatus. Scary stuff.

Post imported post

All I can say for myself is:

I'm glad I'm old... it's been a good life and a fun ride. Not that I wouldn't prefer to sit on the porch with a blanky around my knees nodding off into that last sunset.......... but I have little to lose now.

For the younger folks.... I have much sorrow both for what you will face and for what I didn't do to help prevent what you will face. Stay strong for an ill wind blows.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Bikenut wrote:
    All I can say for myself is:

I'm glad I'm old... it's been a good life and a fun ride. Not that I wouldn't prefer to sit on the porch with a blanky around my knees nodding off into that last sunset.......... but I have little to lose now.

For the younger folks.... I have much sorrow both for what you will face and for what I didn't do to help prevent what you will face. Stay strong for an ill wind blows.
    There are many who will stay true to our country, our values and our oaths. We will stand strong.
    Semper Fidelis!

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    sevenplusone wrote:
    stainless1911 wrote:

They can come over for coffee when they are off duty. They may be trying to soften you up, or get into your door, to either get you gabbing, or to search your home. Once you let them in, they can do that. They are trained specifically to let you convict yourself., Better yet, i think I'll pass on that coffee, better to not drink with people who would do that.
    Actually, The best option is show that you are willing to be friendly anytime, anyway, just so long as its out on the sidewalk or street off your legal property. They can be in the city right of way easement (being the sidewalk or measured distance from the edge of the roadway) or in the street and have a cup of coffee that you provide. Otherwise have a nice day and don't let your car door hit you where the good lord split you.

Radioman