• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Steven seagal

hammer6

imported post

So the map on this site says the minimum age to OC is 17, but I was watching seagal's show, and he took a legal gun away from a 20 year old for "being too young to possess a gun". Is that right????

sandman

imported post

hammer6 wrote:
So the map on this site says the minimum age to OC is 17, but I was watching seagal's show, and he took a legal gun away from a 20 year old for "being too young to possess a gun". Is that right????

21 tobuy a hand gun 18 to possess

sraacke

imported post

hammer6 wrote:
No. He was wrong. Another example of LEOs who THINK they know the law and opening themselves and their department to a lawsuit.

sandman

imported post

yale wrote:
hammer6 wrote:
No. He was wrong. Another example of LEOs who THINK they know the law and opening themselves and their department to a lawsuit.
yale dont say the L word you know someone around here loves that word..

aadvark

imported post

I am REALLY DISAPPOINTED with that show, and I have sent a Letter to the Jefferson County Parish Sheriff's Office to complain about how unprofessionally they handle Gun calls and Gun situations.

I do not live, nor have I ever lived, in Louisiana, but I have read Louisiana Law enough to know that Open Carry is Legal and Car Carry is Legal and 17 is the Legal age, among other things.

I can not stress enough how DISSAPPOINTED I am in that show for them[The Sheriff's Office] acting like that and putting on a show for those who would not know Louisiana Law any better to point them out on it.

It seems to me they pander to anti-Gun views

imported post

Aadvark,
this is typical of the "law enforcement officers" here in the POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA.
Either they DON'T know the rights of the citizen or they don't CARE about the rights of the citizen.
But, with so many persons here who worship the state and consider LEO's to be their heroes, what else can you expect?
To stand up and say something against the state and it's armed thugs would be controversial, confrontational, and goodness knows we can't have any of THAT going on.
You're supposed to accept whatever they decide you deserve.

Slidell Jim

imported post

I was pretty stunned and ashamed at that incident. They made the guy a generous offer of "let us illegally seize your property and don't complain and we won't write you a summons or take you to jail". I came out of my seat!! That's the clearest showing of the POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA that we live in. Then they tell the guy at the end "you should go buy a lotto ticket, because today is your lucky day." It was his lucky day, he just got all the evidence he needs for his lawsuit. and the dumbass JPSO let them video taped it and aired it on national broadcast :what: for all the eyes to see!!! I would think they would have a lawyer working for the sheriff's office or the production company to screen all the episodes before they let something like that air.
Then after the stop was over all he wanted was a:cuss:-ing AUTOGRAPH for his grandmother !!!! COME ON DUDE!!! wake up and smell the coffee. you got lied to, robbed of your gun, bent over the front of Seagal's car and porked, and you walked away with a smile cause of the "reach around" Seagal gave you in the form of an autograph.

I wish anyone knew how to get in touch with that guy to see if he even knows how bad he got lied to and robbed. Does anyone out there know any info on the incident beyond what was on the T.V. episode.?

Slidell Jim

imported post

Also I don't remember if they even asked the guy's permission to search his vehicle.

The very thing the State Trooper did to me September 29th. They get him out of the car and turned around and then they just started opening the cardoors and poking around.

In my case there was only one officer there, but he did the very same thing. Only difference was I stopped it before they got their thieving hands on my gun.

WWMD

Banned
imported post

Good for you. You should sue them also. We need to start teaching these xxxxxx a lesson.

:what:

sandman

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Aadvark,
this is typical of the "law enforcement officers" here in the POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA.
Either they DON'T know the rights of the citizen or they don't CARE about the rights of the citizen.
But, with so many persons here who worship the state and consider LEO's to be their heroes, what else can you expect?
To stand up and say something against the state and it's armed thugs would be controversial, confrontational, and goodness knows we can't have any of THAT going on.
if you dont like the way the state is run please run out of it...

WWMD

Banned
imported post

Stop calling me Mark. :cuss:

Stop being part of the problem and start being part of the solution.

barf

imported post

WWMD wrote:
Stop being part of the problem and start being part of the solution.
Remember Mark...

128753379072819737.jpg

Summit_Ace

imported post

jimmyb wrote:
Aadvark,
This seems a little ignorant to me. Are you really 100% happy with how your sate is run, or do you think it could be change some for the better? I think we should always strive to better ourselves, both as individuals and as a state. We have surely lost freedoms in the last few decades and we should strive to get those back. we can then pass on something better to our children.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

jimmyb wrote:
Aadvark,
I think that's what millions of Mexicans have been doing. Fix your own goddamn country.

But back on topic, just saw episode 7 which originally aired Dec. 23, where they take away a black 20-year-old's lawfully owned, non-crime-evidence gun. They were specific on possession, though I wonder if that was shorthand, and really meant "loaded unlocked possession in the glovebox or under the seat of a car without a concealed weapon permit" - if that's even a "crime" in LA. What was telling though was he wasn't charged with any crime. Maybe he turned 21 and got a permit, so the DA figured it wasn't in the interest of justice to prosecute? They should have said if he got his stolen gun back too, but didn't.

sraacke

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
But back on topic, just saw episode 7 which originally aired Dec. 23, where they take away a black 20-year-old's lawfully owned, non-crime-evidence gun. They were specific on possession, though I wonder if that was shorthand, and really meant "loaded unlocked possession in the glovebox or under the seat of a car without a concealed weapon permit" - if that's even a "crime" in LA. What was telling though was he wasn't charged with any crime. Maybe he turned 21 and got a permit, so the DA figured it wasn't in the interest of justice to prosecute? They should have said if he got his stolen gun back too, but didn't.

No, you got the idea but the laws are a bit different here. I'll break it down some.

It was a seatbelt violation that got them pulled over. Now at that point it was just a minor ticket offence. But the LEOs were fishing for something bigger. They weren't just going to write a ticket for No Seatbelt in a Moving Vehicle.

The LEOs had them up against the car and asked it there were any drugs or guns in the car. Right there the driver/owner should have declined the search. He could have stood up for his right to ask for a reason for the search but he didn't. Maybe he was intimidated by all the LEOs plus the camera crew in his face.Maybe, being a young man raised on rap music and reruns of Law & Order (I know I bash L&O a lotin these forums but damn I hate that show) he simply didn't know his rights. Whatever the reason he answered "NO" to having a gun and drugs and allowed the search.

Then the LEOs find his gun. Keep in mind that here in Louisiana we don't have to have our guns unloaded or locked in the trunk or visible or not. Some peole use the popular phrase "your vehicle is an extension of your home" which isn't entirely acurate but basically means that if it's legal to carry in your home that way it's legal in your car. You can have it loaded or unloaded. Concealed under the seat or swinging from the rearview mirror. Whatever. So he' wasn't breaking any law there. He was stupid for saying "No, I don't have a gun" then allowing a search of his vehicle but it still wasn'tbreaking any laws.

Now Steven Seagall and his buddies have the gun. They run the numbers and it doesn't come back stolen. The driver claims it and says it was gifted to him.At that point the gun should have been returned to him.

Now is where the theft under color of lawbegins. See, here in Louisiana you have to be 21yo topurchase a gun from a FFL dealer but you can legally own one at 18yo. So for your 18th birthday your uncle can give you his Glock 17 and you can load it up and strap it to your belt in a nice holster and walk around town with it. You can also place the same, loaded gun anywhere you want in your car. Nothing illegal about it at all. But that's not what the JPSO deputies wanted to believe. Whether they knew the facts or, like homey up against the car, they learned everything about the law from Hollywood, they started talking out their asses.

They said, in front of a camera crew, on national TV that the law said that you have to be 21 to have a gun. They insisted on it. They guy was 20yo and it was perfectly legal but they lied to him or were to stupid to know that they were lieing to him. They played nice and said that they would hold onto the gun for him to keep him out of trouble. At that point they had stolen his property. It was no different than if they had showed up in his driveway, promissed to do some yard or roof work then took off with his downpayment for the work. They took advantage of his ignorance and/or intimidated him enough that he gave up the pistol and counted himself lucky for not getting arrested. Of course, if they had arrested him, like they did Mark, then they would have probably been buying homie a new motorcycle about now.

What was really bad to me is that after they robbed the guy of his property he asked Seagal for his autograph and was sucking up to him. He was so ignorant of the fact that those cops had just pulled a fast one and taken his gun when he was doing nothing more than driving with out having a seatbelt on.

It's my hope that homie finds out about this and sues the JPSO and Mr Seagal for theft under color of law and in the process educates other LEOs of the laws which they ware suppossed to already know.

Sorry for the long post but I hope that cleared some things up.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

To submit to http://www.aetv.com/global/feedback/contact.jsp?site=AETV.com&NetwCode=AEN , perhaps?

In one episode of Steven Seagal: Lawman, a 20-year-old black man with no criminal record was pulled over for not wearing his seatbelt. He had his lawfully owned gun seized by the team. There is no law in Louisiana prohibiting possession of a firearm under age 21 - the minimum age is 17 (LA RS 14:95.8). According to the show, he was neither cited nor charged with any crime. Can you please have someone from the department or your legal team defend this theft under color of law as evidenced on national television?

Here is one forum thread discussing it: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=35638&forum_id=26&jump_to=611920#p611920

Thank you.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

I watched about 10 minutes ofone episodetwo or three weeks ago and couldn't continue watching--switched to South Park for intellect purposes.

If JP promised to duct tape his (Steven) mouth and make him sit in the car at every incident, I may watchthe showagain.