• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why did kwikrnu paint the tip of his AK pistol orange?

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

kwikrnu,

I just want to point out that I support you no matter how you carry your gun or how you make it look. My assumption is that anyone in public with anything that looks like a gun IS a gun. I just want you and anyone else to be aware of any laws other than specific to painting anything orange that may get you charged and convicted. I've said this before somewhere in another thread about this same topic (jeeze, I think there are 3 or four going on strictly about you and this situation) you can paint the whole thing orange if you want, it simple should not matter.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
...you can paint the whole thing orange if you want, it simple should not matter.

Heyyyyyy.....for his next exhibition...kwik could paint the whole AK orange.....and paint the tip BLACK!

Goawd, it's perfect! :D

Lessee, that calls for a new hat (in adddition to the MWAAK one)....hmmm, how about AKWABT....?

Whaddya think, kwik?

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

HankT wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
...you can paint the whole thing orange if you want, it simple should not matter.
Heyyyyyy.....for his next exhibition...kwik could paint the whole AK orange.....and paint the tip BLACK!

Goawd, it's perfect! :D

Lessee, that calls for a new hat (in adddition to the MWAAK one)....hmmm, how about AKWABT....?

Whaddya think, kwik?
There were so manywho have complained about the tip I was just going to get a regular flash hiderthen watch them complain aboutmy haircut next time.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
...I was just going to get a regular flash hiderthen watch them complain aboutmy haircut next time.

But not......if you wear the hat, kwik.

Not if you wear the hat.

C'mon.......get one made.....

MWAAK

You'll be a star!

Just like Danbus (was).

And no one will say a word about your hair...

Alexcabbie

imported post

I have to assume that our compadre knew damned well what he was going to do was going to be provocative. This sort of conducct has its place. Lunch counter and library sit-ins were the first breaking of ground in the Civil Rights movement.

But it is a long way from refusing to knock at the back door of a restaurant in aa garbage-strewn alley to be served food you are paying for to demonstrating that the "orange tip for fake guns" nonsense is a useless and quite possibly tragically counter-productive piece of idiocy. And it is; but this sort of demonstration is also counter-productive.

I think I understand the reasoning behind the brother's painting his weapon's muzzle orange. And the cops freaqking quite underscores the point. But neither I nor anyone else here (I hope) would ever try to carry an airsoft, "non-firing replica", CO2 or cap pistol with the intent of using it to "scare" an attacker. The whole mandatory orange muzzle for non-firearms crapola is so transparently idiotic that if "the Aurthorities" cannot see it, then doing as the brither has done is a waste of time.

The enemy we face is serious, and battles must be picked carefully. Kwikrmu has chosen to engage in a fight that - even if he is victorious - will be too costly on several levels. He would have caused less trouble by painting the muzzle of an Airsoft MP40 "Schneiiser" SMG black and carrying it in public. Now the other side has a fully functional and very real firearm to raise alarms about.