• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AP reports: Man with AK-47-style gun in park not helpful to gun rights agenda

44Brent

imported post

WCrawford wrote:
In Metro Nashville/Davidson County, where this incident happened, local parks are already banned. They have been since before the park carry law went into effect. There is no way that Kwik will get handgun carry banned in any park because they already banned it. Luckily, Radnor Lake is a state park. As is the Bicentennial Mall, where he plan on carrying next.

I'll join him and support his right to legally carry.

Just make sure that you also wear your war gear. Just think how much faster you can get the state ban reinstated if the media can get a picture of two nuts dressed up in war gear running around on the loose.

WCrawford

imported post

44Brent wrote:
WCrawford wrote:
In Metro Nashville/Davidson County, where this incident happened, local parks are already banned. They have been since before the park carry law went into effect. There is no way that Kwik will get handgun carry banned in any park because they already banned it. Luckily, Radnor Lake is a state park. As is the Bicentennial Mall, where he plan on carrying next.

I'll join him and support his right to legally carry.

Just make sure that you also wear your war gear. Just think how much faster you can get the state ban reinstated if the media can get a picture of two nuts dressed up in war gear running around on the loose.

Should I just wear my Army issued winter coat or do you want me to wear the entire uniform? I'll just need to remove the "US Army" and unit patches that I never bothered to do when I was discharged. I wonder if the uniform still fits... hmmm...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

44Brent wrote:
HankT wrote:
44Brent wrote:
kwikrnuis on a mission to get OC banned in Tennessee. I hope that there are some other people in TN that can knock some sense into him, as he's doing nothing but agitating for a counter-response from the legislature to get OC banned in parks.

Physical violence?

Bad form 44B.....bad form...

Maybe HankT as a self-advertised "State Researcher" doesn't understand the laws in Tennessee. So, here's a little refresher for the "State Researcher": Tennessee used to ban carry in parks.Then they removed the ban, but allowed municipalities to opt out, and implement their own local ban.

There is one person who presents a persona of threatening physical violence, and that is kwikrnu. People with peaceful intentions don't dreses up in war gear andcarry an AK rifle posing as a "pistol" in a public park. It takes a retard to do that. Of course, kwikrnu will continue to do this and cry about his "rights" until the local officials decide they have had enough, and then implement their local ban on carry in parks.

One thing we will never see is an admission from HankT and kwikrnuthat kwikrnu was the direct cause of the ban, just as Don Ortega was never willing to admit that it was his retarded behavior that caused a city council to ban carry within a government building. One thing is certain: HankT and kwikrnu will cry for OpenCarry.org members to protest the very ban that kwikrnu is going to create.

So, I say this:bad form... bad form... from kwikrnu and HankT for promoting an image of physical violence.

You're changing the subject, 44B.

You seem to be threatening physical violence against kwik by saying:

"I hope that there are some other people in TN that can knock some sense into him..."

Is that what you intended to do?

Thos.Jefferson

imported post

How quickly the brotherhood crumbles when one of the members does something "Questionable". Pathetic. You folks who are throwing this guy under the bus should be ashamed. Who cares if the guy prefers a ak pistol? I wish I had one! Oh My Gawd! Not only does he have an evil gun, he's wearing CAMO! RUN IT"S A TERRORIST!!!!!!! What a bunch of simps!

slowfiveoh

imported post

Thos.Jefferson wrote:
How quickly the brotherhood crumbles when one of the members does something "Questionable". Pathetic. You folks who are throwing this guy under the bus should be ashamed. Who cares if the guy prefers a ak pistol? I wish I had one! Oh My Gawd! Not only does he have an evil gun, he's wearing CAMO! RUN IT"S A TERRORIST!!!!!!! What a bunch of simps!

Absolutely quoted for truth.

and NOWWWW, we get to listen to how even after reading tumultuously through a god awful amount of other forums to see the history of this individual, that we are somehow missing something, etc. etc. etc., as they attempt to quantify an argument they don't even realize is against their own self-proclaimed beliefs.

Oh sweet hypocrisy. :banghead:

M

McX

imported post

those with weak minds, or hidden agendas will make it more than it was; fringe of rights execution. still a right, but right out at the edge. at least nothing realy bad happened that anyone can point to.

ODA 226

imported post

Thos.Jefferson wrote:

You and a few others are missing the true point of contention here. This asshat attempted to conceal the true nature of the AK he was carrying. From everything that he's posted on multiple internet boards, he was SEEKING a violent confrontation with Law Enforcement, where the INTERNATIONAL ORANGE tip of his AK would cause a police officer to HESITATE, thus giving this ASSHAT AN ADVANTAGE OVER THE POLICE OFFICER, if weapons were drawn. THIS IS WHAT DISTURBS THE VAST MAJORITY OF US! Most of us couldn't give a rat's ass over WHAT he was carrying.

This ASSHAT is still seeking a violent confrontation with Law Enforcement and I, for one, predict he willfind what he seeks...and it will be ugly, not only for him, but for OCDO as well.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

These are the same steaming heaps of crap arguments that are made against OC of anything at all.

As I've said before, I'd rather be associated with a doofus with an orange muzzlebreak than a hypocrite who tells the same lie he just debunked.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
This ASSHAT is still seeking a violent confrontation with Law Enforcement and I, for one, predict he willfind what he seeks...and it will be ugly, not only for him, but for OCDO as well.

I tend to think you're wrong--he doesn't reallywant a violent confrontation. Too much risk of getting severely...uhm, killed.

But I do agree that if a kwikrnu/LEO confrontation does turn violent....that it will be negative andugly for OCDO and the open carry community beyond OCDO.

kwikrnu is a member of the open carry community and of OCDO.

He is our man.

ODA 226

imported post

ixtow wrote:
These are the same steaming heaps of crap arguments that are made against OC of anything at all.

As I've said before, I'd rather be associated with a doofus with an orange muzzlebreak than a hypocrite who tells the same lie he just debunked.

Read what I stated one more time. I don't care about the style of weapon he carries. It is the ALTERATION to make it appear to be a toy. This asshat is not only STUPID, he is a COWARD as well!

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

44Brent wrote:
Maybe HankT as a self-advertised "State Researcher" doesn't understand the laws in Tennessee. So, here's a little refresher for the "State Researcher": Tennessee used to ban carry in parks.Then they removed the ban, but allowed municipalities to opt out, and implement their own local ban.

There is one person who presents a persona of threatening physical violence, and that is kwikrnu. People with peaceful intentions don't dreses up in war gear andcarry an AK rifle posing as a "pistol" in a public park. It takes a retard to do that. Of course, kwikrnu will continue to do this and cry about his "rights" until the local officials decide they have had enough, and then implement their local ban on carry in parks.

One thing we will never see is an admission from HankT and kwikrnuthat kwikrnu was the direct cause of the ban, just as Don Ortega was never willing to admit that it was his retarded behavior that caused a city council to ban carry within a government building. One thing is certain: HankT and kwikrnu will cry for OpenCarry.org members to protest the very ban that kwikrnu is going to create.

So, I say this:bad form... bad form... from kwikrnu and HankT for promoting an image of physical violence.
I have never threatened physical violence, where do you guys come up with this? Wearing a camo jacket while on a 3 mile hike in a State Park hardly constitutes a threat of violence.

I'm not a retard. Did you know that retarded persons are not issued handgun carry permits?

I am not making an argument for the restriction of gun rights and regulation of military jackets. Second Amendment supporters need to figure out the meaning of infringe.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
I tend to think you're wrong--he doesn't reallywant a violent confrontation. Too much risk of getting severely...uhm, killed.
Aw crap, I agree with HankT...

But if a LEO encounter turns violent, and the OCer never touched his/her weapon... I wonder how much longer these thousands of LEOs who are chomping at the bit to kill someone can hold themselves back?

But, again, I have to agree with HankT... It's going to look bad for OCers because, as always, they cops will just lie. With the only witness dead, who will call them out? This premise is nothing new to them, it's SOP.

Is carrying an AK Pistol 'baiting' or 'provoking' any differently than carrying any other gun? If doing something that is not illegal and hurts no one can be named a such, well, there's something wrong with your head. If a LEO feels his penis size being threatened by a 'commoner' demonstrating that it's no big deal, to such a degree that said LEO waves a shotgun in his face saying he deserves to die for exercising a right....... We aren't the ones who are out of line, and all this gun-owner on gun-owner hate is very obviously misplaced.

Why is it bad for a citizen to OC for ego, but it's ok for a LEO to make threats of bodily injury and/or death over it? Why is there an unwritten list of guns that are 'ok' to OC, and an unwritten list of fashion that is acceptable for OC... Yet LEOs who have no education, massive ego problems, and a desire the threaten the lives of citizens, are defended and held beyond reproach?

This makes no sense. Get some damn priorities, assholes.

Repeater

imported post

David Codrea provides his analysis, with which I agree:

Tennessee gun in park incident reveals a scarier danger

bilde.jpg

The sight of a man openly carrying a firearm in a Nashville-area park has scared some people, resulting in a law enforcement response. From the Associated Press:
A man carrying an AK-47-style semiautomatic pistol was detained at Radnor Lake State Park on Sunday after startled hikers complained to park rangers.
Some would consider that a scary-looking gun. Some would consider coloring the muzzle tip orange so it looks like an Airsoft gun scary. And some would consider gun owner Leonard Embody's choice of apparel, "a camouflage jacket, military boots and a black skull cap" scary.

That's how hiker Ellen Thomas described her encounter with Embody. And even Minneapolis Gun Rights Examiner and Open Carry.org co-founder John Pierce, who is quoted in this story, concedes appearances can be problematic.

Thing is, at no time did Mr. Embody conduct himself in a threatening manner. This is all about reaction based on appearance--and the presence of a gun.

You can get a first-person account of the incident at AR15.com. Other gun forums are also discussing this, and, unsurprisingly, many gun owners are (to put it kindly) unsympathetic to Mr. Embody. How far envelopes should be pushed, whether someone's given actions are causing more harm than good, and public perceptions all prompt debates that often go from vigorous to downright hostile.

The truth is, many in the public will remain terrified of seeing someone armed who is not wearing a uniform. It does not matter if you are nicely dressed or if your gun is more conventional-looking--whatever that means. In much of the Republic, hoplophobia runs strong. That you have a gun and are not a cop is enough for some.

The fact remains: We have a right to bear arms. And evidently, Mr. Embody violated no law.

The debate will continue. But out of all of this, here's what I found most scary--another forum discussion, this time on Officer.com. From forum member "stlcopper," self-described as "'Heavy Hand' of the Law":
I just don't understand why the 1st Ranger encountered didn't draw down and put you on your face! That would've been my 1st move and if you so much as sneezed at me while holding that thing, I'd blow your shnit away!!!
For exercising a right and not violating any law...? Do we really think we're safer if this guy, and those like him, are the "Only Ones" bearing arms?

KBCraig

imported post

All the hand-wringing makes me sad. It sounds exactly what the CC crowd says about OC: "You're ruining it for the rest of us! Just cover it up! Don't bring attention to guns! You'll scare the sheeple and they'll ban all guns!"

:X

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

KBCraig wrote:
As for the camouflage, it might be different where you live, but in Tennessee people wear camo jackets to church.

I said something similar regarding this issue (don't remember where, I see about two or three other threads about this have been locked down). I live in North Carolina, in Greensboro which is surrounded by plenty of rural areas and counties. It is usual and should not be of surprise to ANYONE here to see people walk around in hunting gear all of the time. We even have National Guard armories in Greensboro, Winston-Salem, etc, etc. We have active Civil Air Patrol units and they all wear military garb sometimes. We even have a Marine reserve barracks in town. People shouldn't be freaking out over garb. And I wear a black skull cap often, it's bloody cold outside and I shave my head. Except I don't call it a skull cap, here in our neck of Appalachia (that's pronounced app-uh-laa-chya) and surrounding areas, I wear a tobaggon on my head.

ODA 226

imported post

ixtow wrote:
HankT wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
Aw crap, I agree with HankT...

But if a LEO encounter turns violent, and the OCer never touched his/her weapon... I wonder how much longer these thousands of LEOs who are chomping at the bit to kill someone can hold themselves back?

But, again, I have to agree with HankT... It's going to look bad for OCers because, as always, they cops will just lie. With the only witness dead, who will call them out? This premise is nothing new to them, it's SOP.

Is carrying an AK Pistol 'baiting' or 'provoking' any differently than carrying any other gun? If doing something that is not illegal and hurts no one can be named a such, well, there's something wrong with your head. If a LEO feels his penis size being threatened by a 'commoner' demonstrating that it's no big deal, to such a degree that said LEO waves a shotgun in his face saying he deserves to die for exercising a right....... We aren't the ones who are out of line, and all this gun-owner on gun-owner hate is very obviously misplaced.

Why is it bad for a citizen to OC for ego, but it's ok for a LEO to make threats of bodily injury and/or death over it? Why is there an unwritten list of guns that are 'ok' to OC, and an unwritten list of fashion that is acceptable for OC... Yet LEOs who have no education, massive ego problems, and a desire the threaten the lives of citizens, are defended and held beyond reproach?

This makes no sense. Get some damn priorities, @#$%s.

ONE LAST ATTEMPT TO GET THROUGH TO YOU!

I don't care about the AK pistol! IT WAS THE ATTEMPT TO MAKE A LETHAL WEAPON APPEAR TO BE A TOY THAT IS THE PROBLEM!

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I agree KBCraig it's sad that fellow gun activists are shunning Embody instead of supporting him. I guess the ones that are shunning them are the same ones who bowed down to the sheeple and allowed the Assault Weapons ban and gun free school zone laws passed. I was a younging when that happened and I still can't reason how it ever happened in the first place.

Wear what you want and carry what you want legally and I will support you, I don't care if your a crossdresser or someone in muslim garb. It shouldn't matter......... And for those of you condeming Embody, wake up and stop bowing down to the sheeple.

Ben