• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AP reports: Man with AK-47-style gun in park not helpful to gun rights agenda

Flyer22

imported post

ixtow wrote:
44Brent wrote:
ixtow wrote:
Hey, lets all go beat/kill him for doing something I want to lie about!!
You, ixtow, are lying and know that you are lying, while knowing full well, that everyone sees that you are lying.
You've so thoroughly discredited yourself, I feel like I'm beating not just a dead horse, but an entire farm of dead animals.

Listen, idiot, YOU are the one who is discredited. You have discredited yourself with your own stupidity.

I lived in this cityduring the saga of Don Ortega. I saw firsthandthe damage thatstupidity can do. I saw firsthand the reaction of city officials toward a right exercised by means of poor judgment and non-existent common sense.

I notice something very interesting about you and your co-conspirators in idiocy:Very fewof you live in the state that is being damaged by kwikrnu's stupidity. You arehappy to throw gasoline on the fire, because you're too far away to be immediately affected.

I've said this before on this forum, but I'll say it again--there's such a thing as being right, and there's such a thing as being DEAD right. If kwikrnu wants to risk getting killed, that's his business, but he could do the decent thing and leave us out of it.

WCrawford

imported post

Flyer22 wrote:
ixtow wrote:
44Brent wrote:
ixtow wrote:
Hey, lets all go beat/kill him for doing something I want to lie about!!
You, ixtow, are lying and know that you are lying, while knowing full well, that everyone sees that you are lying.
You've so thoroughly discredited yourself, I feel like I'm beating not just a dead horse, but an entire farm of dead animals.

Listen, idiot, YOU are the one who is discredited. You have discredited yourself with your own stupidity.

I lived in this cityduring the saga of Don Ortega. I saw firsthandthe damage thatstupidity can do. I saw firsthand the reaction of city officials toward a right exercised by means of poor judgment and non-existent common sense.

I notice something very interesting about you and your co-conspirators in idiocy:Very fewof you live in the state that is being damaged by kwikrnu's stupidity. You arehappy to throw gasoline on the fire, because you're too far away to be immediately affected.

I've said this before on this forum, but I'll say it again--there's such a thing as being right, and there's such a thing as being DEAD right. If kwikrnu wants to risk getting killed, that's his business, but he could do the decent thing and leave us out of it.

As someone who lives not only in the same state as Kwik, but the same municipality, I have to vehemetly disagree with you.

Had the majority elected officials of Colorado Springs any sort of backbone, they would not have bowed to the wishes of some vocal hoplophobes who were scared of an unloaded yellow shotgun, complete with smiley faces. You are also misrepresenting the gravity of that 2003 vote. Weaponswere only banned in municipal buildings, and that was only a 5 to 4 vote.

Don Ortega only exercised his legal rights in 2003. He, according to any information I can find, did not break any laws while carrying his decorated shotgun. Kneejerk holophobes, you know the ones who wet their panties at the sight of a .22 short, were the ones who you should be angry with.

Did you do anything in 2003 to try to stop the ban? Or did you jump on the bandwagon with the gun grabbers?

slowfiveoh

imported post

Flyer22 wrote:

More verbal flora and fauna. It smells so good in here!

IF, kwikrnu would have done what he did, that is to say nothing illegal or really odd at all, in my state, I wouldn't have batted an eyelash. Besides, it is clear you simply find bending your knee to an obviously broken judicial system as more appropriate that what is either "right" or "dead right".
I would rather be "right" by doing the "right thing", than be "socially accepted".

Besides, we have legislators who are incompetent in rational thought, and are attempting to impose an "Assault Weapons ban", in light of 4 officers being shot by a revolver. It's total awesomesauce.

Also, please stop equating you, with "us". You don't speak for me (thank God), and there are many others who would echo my sentimentsI am sure.

Thanks!

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Jonesy wrote:
44Brent, if you had any common sense, you would edit your previous post to remove that mans name, address and phone number.  I will be complaining to the admins if you do not do so.  But first I will wait to see if you have sense.

WOW! So much angst from so many of Kwikrnu's supporters just because someone else chooses to exercise a Constitutional right to free speech.

Seems to me you guys are getting all twisted up because 44Brent chooses to exercises his right to free speech by posting links to things already on the internet. In fact all this hubbub over the contact info is just crap because Embody himself put that stuff out a long time ago. In fact if he has a carry permit, that information was published in the news papers down there a while back. In fact, while it has since been edited, Kwikrnu posted the receipt for the purchase of a silencer that had the same info on it on another forum, and that included contact information for the dealer along with threats to sue the guy.

So lets summarize-

44Brent has done nothing illegal.
He is exercising his absolute Constitutional right to free speech.
He has a Constitutional right to say what he wants the way he wants as long as it is legal.
All he has done is collect information already on the net or in the news.

You know it is really Kwikrnu's supporters who are the hypocrites in this discussion. Seems a lot of you people do not like the "tip" of 44Brent's post, or the way he worded his posts. Perhaps he should have your guys let him know what is appropriate and how it should be worded in advance next time.

If you guys cant stand the others exercising their rights then perhaps you should stay out of the Bill of Rights.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
[...SNIP

Also, please stop equating you, with "us". You don't speak for me (thank God), and there are many others who would echo my sentiments I am sure.

Thanks!

Well we finally agree on something.
006-%5BLaughing%5D-%5BEmoticonKing.com%5D.gif

M

McX

imported post

no good is or will come of this. perhapse we should consider closing the threads on this topic, and deleting our posts. it will further nothing to provide fuel to our adversaries, who are trolling these threads for something to print, and sensationalize on. it may be best to stand silent on this issue and topic.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
WOW! So much angst from so many of Kwikrnu's supporters just because someone else chooses to exercise a Constitutional right to free speech.

Seems to me you guys are getting all twisted up because 44Brent chooses to exercises his right to free speech by posting links to things already on the internet. In fact all this hubbub over the contact info is just crap because Embody himself put that stuff out a long time ago. In fact if he has a carry permit, that information was published in the news papers down there a while back. In fact, while it has since been edited, Kwikrnu posted the receipt for the purchase of a silencer that had the same info on it on another forum, and that included contact information for the dealer along with threats to sue the guy.

So lets summarize-

He has a Constitutional right to say what he wants the way he wants as long as it is legal.

You know it is really Kwikrnu's supporters who are the hypocrites in this discussion. Seems a lot of you people do not like the "tip" of 44Brent's post, or the way he worded his posts. Perhaps he should have your guys let him know what is appropriate and how it should be worded in advance next time.

If you guys cant stand the others exercising their rights then perhaps you should stay out of the Bill of Rights.

Libel is illegal. Just because a newspaper says I was charged with a crime of domestic violence does not mean it happened.

I posted a receipt for goods and services purchased. The merchant called to tell me he will not honor the contract due to me not breaking any law. Youmay call as apparently many have and verify this.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
44Brent, if you had any common sense, you would edit your previous post to remove that mans name, address and phone number. I will be complaining to the admins if you do not do so. But first I will wait to see if you have sense.

So lets summarize-

You make an interesting point. But there is a twist.

No one here is threatening 44Brent with physical violence for what he did. No one is suggesting that his 'permit' to post be revoked. No one is surrounding him with cops and detaining him for 2.5 hours for making his post.

The argument that it is 'socially unacceptable' is partially up for grabs.... But the difference is that no one has posted any of 44Brent's information along side a suggestion that everyone grab their torch and pitchfork and show up at that address and beat some sense into him....

Really? Beat some sense into him? Advocates of reason and civility? Upon a man who carries an AK Pistol?

Sense is like a rubber nail. No matter how big your hammer is, it will never penetrate a thick skull. The thickest is that of a hypocrite.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:

So lets summarize-

Libel is illegal. Just because a newspaper says I was charged with a crime of domestic violence does not mean it happened.

I posted a receipt for goods and services purchased. The merchant called to tell me he will not honor the contract due to me not breaking any law. You may call as apparently many have and verify this.

Well... Once again there is a little "Tilt" in your point of view Mr. Quixote. 44Bret only quoted a news story that is in the public domain. HE has not broken any Libel laws. Moreover TRUTH is an absolute defense against Libel. If the paper quotes you, there is no Libel, even if what you said is not true.

I noticed that when provided the opportunity to answer three very specific and pointed questions you did not deny that you said those words to the reporter. You only SUBSTANTIATED the part of the article that reported you were cleared.

I will admit that you are very good at avoiding direct questions and providing partial and deflective answers. I notice that you are now disclaiming things you have said on other forums, that you clearly did say. I do not dismiss the possibility that you may now have different views on some of these issues, because it appears that you are at least cleaver.

Personally, I believe that you grasp fully the nature and limits of my issue with what you did. I think you know that I could care less what type of gun you carry, or how you dress. My issue is with the larger context which you now deny, but which you yourself have built leading up to all of this. I think you know exactly what I mean when I point to that context with a degree of concern.

You certainly have the right to do many of the things you are doing. But I have the right to point out things that I think are stupid when I see them. I have had TWO specific issues with this situation from the start and I have been very consistent in that regard. I can accept everything you did here EXCEPT the intentional deception of people around you as to the true nature of the weapon, and the use of AP ammo to defeat body armor. You keep saying "well I told anyone who asked", and "well criminals wear armor". Neither of those excuses reflect truth of this specific situation or your actual intent and we both know it.

Anyone who chose not to talk to you thought you were carrying a toy, because that is precisely what you wanted them to believe and we both know it. We also both know that you were more likely to encounter armored LEOs by a factor of thousands to one over any criminal element and your posts reflect the fact that is specifically what you expected. So your plan was to have ammo that could defeat LEO armor plain and simple.

Why don't you just admit these facts to the people here as you did on other forums. Many here would support that if you were honest about it because they believe that TSA is not so much about self defense as it is about defense against the government and its agents. A lot of us have more of a problem with lies than that non mainstream views.

If you believed that what you were doing was legal, correct, proper, within your rights, and done for legitimate purposes then why perpetrate a lie by disguising the weapon. and your intent in carrying AP ammo. I don't understand why you insist on hiding the truth. People do things for a reason and a lot of the angst you see in these threads is because YOU CAME HERE WE DID NOT SEEK YOU OUT, and YOU REFUSE TO BE OPEN ABOUT YOUR THOUGHT PROCESSES. In short even those who WANT to understand are left unable to do so because of the want you answer the questions. If you did not want these opinions you were free not to come here and raise the questions.

SO here is were we are. If you want broader support from OCDO members then answer the questions directly and honestly. If you don't want that support then just go away and this will all vanish. You are not the first person who came here, appeared to have "candor" issues, and raised enough dust that people started looking yup their background info. If you do not like the record you have left on the internet, then counter it with honest explanations. But people who quote your own words are not being libelous, they are being accurate. Without additional information your record speaks for itself.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm curious... Lets do a hypothetical for just a second.

Lets pretend there was never any orange paint involved.

Now what? What is your new opinion of the situation?

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ixtow wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
44Brent, if you had any common sense, you would edit your previous post to remove that mans name, address and phone number.  I will be complaining to the admins if you do not do so.  But first I will wait to see if you have sense.

So lets summarize-

You make an interesting point.  But there is a twist.

No one here is threatening 44Brent with physical violence for what he did.  No one is suggesting that his 'permit' to post be revoked.  No one is surrounding him with cops and detaining him for 2.5 hours for making his post.

The argument that it is 'socially unacceptable' is partially up for grabs....  But the difference is that no one has posted any of 44Brent's information along side a suggestion that everyone grab their torch and pitchfork and show up at that address and beat some sense into him....

Really?  Beat some sense into him?  Advocates of reason and civility?  Upon a man who carries an AK Pistol?

Sense is like a rubber nail.  No matter how big your hammer is, it will never penetrate a thick skull.  The thickest is that of a hypocrite.

I am aware of the post you are talking about here, but you have exaggerated it to some degree. First 44Brent actually said "Knock some sense into him" which is a lot different than saying "Beat some sense into him. But lets not quibble over the semantics. I agree with you that was not appropriate and maybe the mods should act on it under the forum rules.

But lets also be honest about all of this. 44Brent had nothing to do with the 2.5 hours of LEO discussions, and in fact Kwikrnu actually lengthened that mess himself by asking to talk to a supervisor and a lot of the time was waiting for the guy to get there. I am not saying that was not OK just pointing out that a lot of the time was at his request. As for people not calling for 44Brent to b banned, well I have seen a few calls for that in these discussions, and I have no position on that. I think we can put up with a lot on this forum and calls for banning controversial people are not appropriate, Disruptive people maybe, but not simply controversial.

The thing I have a problem with here is the concept that we all have to simply accept the actions of others in lock step no matter how strongly we might feel that a mistake was made, if a firearm is involved. While some people here keep trying to put words in my posts that are not there and tyr to spin what I have said. The fact is that I have never said I did not support this guys right to carry what he wants or dress how he pleases. But I still reserve the right to raise questions as to the wisdom of peoples actions and the safety of what they do.

You have a different opinion, thats fine. It is ok if we disagree. But what I have seen in this discussion a fanatical group (comment not aimed at you specifically) yelling that others are anti-rights, hypocrites, socialists, gun grabbers, closet Brady members and a lot of other derogatory commentary, simply because some of us raise some questions about parts of this situation and refuse to accept this guy and his actions as monolithically something we can support.

You guys can call it what you like, but in my view this whole story started with a lie. Yell all you want and drag in all the pictures of painted guns you choose, but you know what actually happened here. Some of you are willing to ignore it, I am not. Even he admits that the orange tip thing might have been a bad idea, yet I am excoriated for holding that view myself.

The world is not all black or all white. Support of the RTKABA does not require that I, or anyone else, accept blindly and unquestioningly everything that anyone else wants to do without question. Nor is there a requirement that I remain silent when someone does something that I think is stupid or dangerous.

I can only think of two circumstances where the sort of blind unquestioning loyalty to a cause is required such as is being demanded in this situation. Socialist and Fascist societies require such loyalty, and I unapologetically do not fit that mold, and I am not alone on this forum in that regard.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ixtow wrote:
I'm curious...  Lets do a hypothetical for just a second.

Now what?  What is your new opinion of the situation?

Mostly no problem. My main objection is that he concealed the true nature of the weapon. And so we are clear, I would have the same problem if he had been carrying a keltech .380, para ord .45, or any other weapon so disguised.

In my view, his concealment of the weapon in this manner was a lie. It does not matter that told or was willing to tell anyone who ASKED about the gun that it was real. A lot of people saw him that did not speak to him and he lied to those people about this weapon.

You see if people choose NOT to be around someone with a firearm, I support their rights in that regard. By concealing the weapon as a non weapon he denied people their right to leave an area where a firearm was present. While we all agree that people should not fear guns. I would hope that we can all agree that we should not lie to people or prevent them from leaving if they choose not to be around us when we carry in public.

That is part of why I feel that he violated the rights of other park goers that day. Suppose a person with children would have left if he KNEW that the AR was real, but because it was deceptively painted he thought it was a toy and he stayed. Suppose further that for some reason Kwikrnu had to use the weapon in self defense and one of the guys kids had been shot by mistake. Through his deception he denied that man the knowledge that might have caused him to be somewhere else with his children.

Now I know people will argue that the police carry guns too, and nobody left when the Rangers were around. But you know what? Most of us will recognize how that is a different question in the mind of most people, and it really does not apply in the same way.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
ixtow wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
44Brent, if you had any common sense, you would edit your previous post to remove that mans name, address and phone number. I will be complaining to the admins if you do not do so. But first I will wait to see if you have sense.

So lets summarize-

You make an interesting point. But there is a twist.

No one here is threatening 44Brent with physical violence for what he did. No one is suggesting that his 'permit' to post be revoked. No one is surrounding him with cops and detaining him for 2.5 hours for making his post.

The argument that it is 'socially unacceptable' is partially up for grabs.... But the difference is that no one has posted any of 44Brent's information along side a suggestion that everyone grab their torch and pitchfork and show up at that address and beat some sense into him....

Really? Beat some sense into him? Advocates of reason and civility? Upon a man who carries an AK Pistol?

Sense is like a rubber nail. No matter how big your hammer is, it will never penetrate a thick skull. The thickest is that of a hypocrite.

I am aware of the post you are talking about here, but you have exaggerated it to some degree. First 44Brent actually said "Knock some sense into him" which is a lot different than saying "Beat some sense into him. But lets not quibble over the semantics. I agree with you that was not appropriate and maybe the mods should act on it under the forum rules.

But lets also be honest about all of this. 44Brent had nothing to do with the 2.5 hours of LEO discussions, and in fact Kwikrnu actually lengthened that mess himself by asking to talk to a supervisor and a lot of the time was waiting for the guy to get there. I am not saying that was not OK just pointing out that a lot of the time was at his request. As for people not calling for 44Brent to b banned, well I have seen a few calls for that in these discussions, and I have no position on that. I think we can put up with a lot on this forum and calls for banning controversial people are not appropriate, Disruptive people maybe, but not simply controversial.

The thing I have a problem with here is the concept that we all have to simply accept the actions of others in lock step no matter how strongly we might feel that a mistake was made, if a firearm is involved. While some people here keep trying to put words in my posts that are not there and tyr to spin what I have said. The fact is that I have never said I did not support this guys right to carry what he wants or dress how he pleases. But I still reserve the right to raise questions as to the wisdom of peoples actions and the safety of what they do.

You have a different opinion, thats fine. It is ok if we disagree. But what I have seen in this discussion a fanatical group (comment not aimed at you specifically) yelling that others are anti-rights, hypocrites, socialists, gun grabbers, closet Brady members and a lot of other derogatory commentary, simply because some of us raise some questions about parts of this situation and refuse to accept this guy and his actions as monolithically something we can support.

You guys can call it what you like, but in my view this whole story started with a lie. Yell all you want and drag in all the pictures of painted guns you choose, but you know what actually happened here. Some of you are willing to ignore it, I am not. Even he admits that the orange tip thing might have been a bad idea, yet I am excoriated for holding that view myself.

The world is not all black or all white. Support of the RTKABA does not require that I, or anyone else, accept blindly and unquestioningly everything that anyone else wants to do without question. Nor is there a requirement that I remain silent when someone does something that I think is stupid or dangerous.

I can only think of two circumstances where the sort of blind unquestioning loyalty to a cause is required such as is being demanded in this situation. Socialist and Fascist societies require such loyalty, and I unapologetically do not fit that mold, and I am not alone on this forum in that regard.
I have stated several times that I think the Orange was a doofus move. I still recognize the legitimate intent it could have, instead of just tearing him a new one over my own opinion. I still hold that I'd rather hang around with a guy who is willing to push the envelope and maybe make a mistake or two doing it, than those who would stand at attention in their self-made prison and ridicule and insult him for not doing the same.

No one has to 'blindly' accept another. But to blindly ridicule must be held to the same standard.

If he weren't the one pushing the extreme edge with this matter, where would the extreme edge be? Carrying any gun, of any type, anywhere, of any color? Did this forum not start out there? For carrying your 1911 Openly to cease being 'extreme,' something else must take it's place. The next step must be made, or this step will stay at the bleeding edge of progress.

Basic Human Rights have always been gradually chipped away, and then seized by in bloody revolt once it has finally gone too far. We, for the first time I am aware of in all of recorded human history, taking back the right to be a tool using human WITHOUT that bloody revolt. It is new ground, so every step taken will look outrageous until you turn on your brain and think about it. And every person who desperately hates this basic human right, will have that much more leverage to push it all back down.

He has made a 'next step' as absurd and odd as it may seem. Being seen with your 'normal' gun is no longer a big deal now. Is it the loss of being the leader? Is it the ego of pushing people around? Is it the fear of backlash? Is any of that a good excuse to trip up your own interests because you don't agree with his?

This 'community' is cutting off it's nose to spite it's face. I don't wholly agree with him either, nor do I demand lockstep agreement. I don't even agree. But I know that insulting him for the very same excuses that carrying a holstered 1911 for just a few years ago brought out, is not progress. Repeating a lie that has already been debunked because the particular individual may or may not be unsavory, or his personal interests may or may not have been ignoble does not justify the lie.

Take it out of his hands. Maybe he's a Brady Plant. Maybe his detractors are. It doesn't really matter. There is a set of facts here that works for all who own guns. If only you can pull your heads out of your asses and see it....

(This was not directed specifically at you, Hawk.)

Everyone involved in this debate needs to tone down their emotional rantings and look at the reality of this. He did 3 things that the media (and even other gun owners) think is just plain wild and crazy. But, nothing happened........ Just like "Water the tree" and the AR in phoenix.... After all the panty wetting passed, guess what..... The MAJORITY realized that "Hey, it's not for me, but clearly it wasn't a problem because nothing happened; that lie won't work on me anymore."

The only thing I truly hate, is people who act like this and proclaim themselves to be normal.... If this is normal, I must be from another planet. Bashing this guy is about the dumbest thing a person could find to do with their time.

PaxMentis

imported post

ixtow wrote:

You apparently missed the cowardly pissant's contention that "beat some sense into him" was just a figure of speech and actually meant reasoning with him.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
ixtow wrote:
I'm curious... Lets do a hypothetical for just a second.

Now what? What is your new opinion of the situation?
Mostly no problem. My main objection is that he concealed the true nature of the weapon. And so we are clear, I would have the same problem if he had been carrying a keltech .380, para ord .45, or any other weapon so disguised.

In my view, his concealment of the weapon in this manner was a lie. It does not matter that told or was willing to tell anyone who ASKED about the gun that it was real. A lot of people saw him that did not speak to him and he lied to those people about this weapon.

You see if people choose NOT to be around someone with a firearm, I support their rights in that regard. By concealing the weapon as a non weapon he denied people their right to leave an area where a firearm was present. While we all agree that people should not fear guns. I would hope that we can all agree that we should not lie to people or prevent them from leaving if they choose not to be around us when we carry in public.

That is part of why I feel that he violated the rights of other park goers that day. Suppose a person with children would have left if he KNEW that the AR was real, but because it was deceptively painted he thought it was a toy and he stayed. Suppose further that for some reason Kwikrnu had to use the weapon in self defense and one of the guys kids had been shot by mistake. Through his deception he denied that man the knowledge that might have caused him to be somewhere else with his children.

Now I know people will argue that the police carry guns too, and nobody left when the Rangers were around. But you know what? Most of us will recognize how that is a different question in the mind of most people, and it really does not apply in the same way.
I agree, and at first, I was pretty peeved about it, too. But Then I decided to think of the reasons and effects of the orange tip.

It isn't an effective safety measure. Cops still shoot kids with orange-tipped toys. It makes it easy to carry a weapon for one intent in doing harm. Our Kwik made this clear himself. Did he deny that it was a real gun? But what sort of advantage would someone intent on doing harm gain from it?

It serves no use as the safety protocol intended, and does give the creative criminal an advantage. Just one bad guy does this, and every cop gets a bulletin stating that you can't trust the orange tip.... So, a not-so-bad guy did it this time.... I say that's better than finding it out with bodies at the hands of an actual bad guy. If Kwik actually were the Cop Hunter he is accused of being, well, that's EXACTLY how it would have gone! Dead cops, and a media uproar about how painting the tip orange means that the safety measure is null. Oh, crap, we got the same truth out, and nobody died... I call that good.

In fact, I never thought about the matter before and took the 'safety' excuse at face value. But now that I have been forced into analyzing it, I realize that this 'safety' measure is just like all the rest.... A feel-good lie that actually puts people more at risk, and creates an advantage for criminals. Just like gun-free zones, etc...

Why is it that no one else is bothering to turn on their brains and think this thought? It's all about who can insult who the most. Is that what intelligent, mature people (who carry guns!) should do? This is just sad.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

PaxMentis wrote:
ixtow wrote:

You apparently missed the cowardly pissant's contention that "beat some sense into him" was just a figure of speech and actually meant reasoning with him.
No, i saw it, and I dismissed it in turn. Anyone who actually is a civilized human being wouldn't try to hid behind a figure of speech, platitude, euphemism, etc.

A jackoff with manners is still a jackoff.

bohdi

imported post

ixtow wrote:
The only thing I truly hate, is people who act like this and proclaim themselves to be normal.... If this is normal, I must be from another planet. Bashing this guy is about the dumbest thing a person could find to do with their time.

I don't disagree with this view point completely, but I don't agree completely either. Debate is not always neat and clean. You know95% of the time not all the facts are present intially. If the OP isn't badgered for them, how else does one receive the full picture of what happened? Does one have to be belittled, marginalized, ridiculed, and so forth to receive that knowledge? No, it's not necissary, but it happens and is given as well as it is gotten oft times.

After all the noise, I think the majority of people are trying to help Kwik, after all, he is the poor victim who was unduely subject to a 2.5 hour detention. Well, if he doesn't receive constructive criticism about how to avoid that detention in the future, what help are we the greater community to him or others? If he choses to ignore that criticism, then he has no one to blame but himself for the outcomes. If he doesn't want help, then he should have never posted the question to begin with.

PaxMentis

imported post

I am dropping out of this discussion, but have one last thing to say.

The only poster I insulted in this or any other discussion is 44brent, who, after I asked him a reasonable and politely phrased question, not only insulted my intelligence with his assertion that "beat some sense into him" was a figure of speech, but made his "clever" little alteration of my screen name in an obvious attempt to insult me personally.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ixtow wrote:
...SNIP

Everyone involved in this debate needs to tone down their emotional rantings and look at the reality of this.  He did 3 things that the media (and even other gun owners) think is just plain wild and crazy.  SNIP...

We can agree on this point.

The name calling and insults should stop. I am more or less as guilty as others, but we all need to tone this down.

I do not agree with or support some of what this person has done. We do not have to agree, you are free to support him as much or as little as you wish as well. However for that reason, I do not support his actions as what he has done and the way he has done it does not represent my point of view. That is not a prison, it is an opinion. If he had been honest, up front and straight with everyone and carried a weapon AS a weapon and not as a toy. I could support what he has done, but that is not the case.