Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: FOLLOW-UP: Media blames 'Second Amendment crowd' for cop attacks

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    Post imported post

    This is one of those "You're not gonna belive this" kind of columns, but the trouble is, you ARE going to believe it, because it is S.O.P. for newspaper editorials to blame gun owners for cop killers' actions



    Media gun control drumbeat turns to outrageous blame game

    The Seattle Times editorializes for "sensible gun laws," whatever that means...



    http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m12d24-Media-drumbeat-for-gun-control-turns-to-outrageous-blame-game


    Or try this:

    http://tinyurl.com/y96cf3s


  2. #2
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Well....wow....I guess the first ammendment crowd can be blamed for so much too. Why stop there what about the 4th ammendment crowd. Lets not forget the 5th. Life would just be so much better if we got rid of these protected "inalienable rights".

    This is like blaming rape, incest, molestation, HIV, unwanted pregnancy, etc. on the first ammendments protection of "pornography".



    Well written article Dave....keep it up.


    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  3. #3
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018

    Post imported post

    just wow...



    it's our fault that criminals commit crimes...
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  4. #4
    Regular Member gsx1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    884

    Post imported post

    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    just wow...



    it's our fault that criminals commit crimes...
    Oh you didn't know?
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

  5. #5
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    If they stop gun show sales, without background checks, then it will be still beour fault that criminals have guns. They'll just say if we didnt have guns the criminals would'nt be able to steal them from us in home burgleries.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  6. #6
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    amzbrady wrote:
    If they stop gun show sales, without background checks, then it will be still beour fault that criminals have guns. They'll just say if we didnt have guns the criminals would'nt be able to steal them from us in home burgleries.
    Of course that would work look how well it has worked for illegal/illicit drugs.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,546

    Post imported post

    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Well....wow....I guess the first ammendment crowd can be blamed for so much too. Why stop there what about the 4th ammendment crowd. Lets not forget the 5th. Life would just be so much better if we got rid of these protected "inalienable rights".

    This is like blaming rape, incest, molestation, HIV, unwanted pregnancy, etc. on the first ammendments protection of "pornography".



    Well written article Dave....keep it up.

    Defend various amendments by spelling what you defend correctly .

    I agree with you, 100%, though.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

  8. #8
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    If all the drugs were sold legally and openly in stores, that would get rid of over half of the criminals, and thecriminals need for guns. Course you would have to keep the cost down so the people on welfare could afford them and not need to rob for money to afford them. Maybe set up free delivery so they wont be on the streets driving illegally, and we wont have to see their scabbed up faces.
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  9. #9
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    Tawnos wrote:
    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Well....wow....I guess the first ammendment crowd can be blamed for so much too. Why stop there what about the 4th ammendment crowd. Lets not forget the 5th. Life would just be so much better if we got rid of these protected "inalienable rights".

    This is like blaming rape, incest, molestation, HIV, unwanted pregnancy, etc. on the first ammendments protection of "pornography".



    Well written article Dave....keep it up.

    Defend various amendments by spelling what you defend correctly .

    I agree with you, 100%, though.
    LOl...I know got to reinstall firefox.

    Yet on second thought Word and firefox is probably the reason my spelling has detiorated.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  10. #10
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018

    Post imported post

    gsx1138 wrote:
    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    just wow...



    it's our fault that criminals commit crimes...
    Oh you didn't know?
    You know, it's these kinds of snide comments on these boards that make me want to just leave and not be involved here anymore. Seriously??? I can't express this without getting a snide comment??? God damnit, can we just stop sniping at each other? WTF?
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    gsx1138 wrote:
    SpyderTattoo wrote:
    just wow...



    it's our fault that criminals commit crimes...
    Oh you didn't know?
    You know, it's these kinds of snide comments on these boards that make me want to just leave and not be involved here anymore. Seriously??? I can't express this without getting a snide comment??? God damnit, can we just stop sniping at each other? WTF?
    Spyder I think you are totally misreading the posters intention, he was agreeing with you in with a sarcastic twist and attempting to be humorous. I don't believe he had any intention of being snide.

    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018

    Post imported post

    I don't see it that way. A problem with message boards is that it's hard to convey the sarcasm or humor or any other emotion since we're not face to face. The little emoticons can sure help with this. If I'm trying to be sarcastic or humorous I make sure to put a little smiley or funny-face to show that I don't mean to be a dick.

    I think the subject is serious enough that we don't need to come across like this to each other. I don't feel like this is a joking matter. Can I please just express this anger/frustration about this subject without being made to feel like I'm an idiot that hasn't seen this in society yet? As if I'm just now finding out about this... It just comes across to me as being a jerk.
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    The post didn't come across that way to me and I agree I do wish we had a very definative sarcasm icon, it is hard to convey sometimes and I have been misinterpreted several times for the very same reason.

    And as far as the poster that are:know it all , with an almost snobish replies, I have learned to shrug most of them off. They don't represent the majority of us here, although sometimes it feels like it.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Regular Member gsx1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    884

    Post imported post

    Yes, it was sarcasm. Yes, sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet. However, as a general rule I don't take anything anyone says on the internet too seriously. Sometimes I'll use the winks or smileys but it seems like heavy handed humor.

    As a note for the future so people might know where I'm coming from. I will never willfully be an ******* to anyone on these boards unless they are an obvious troll. IE: new account and telling everyone we need to bow at the alter of Obama or the Brady Bunch. Sometimes I may come across as a d!ck and by all means call me on it. It forces me to have to either reaffirm what I wrote or realize that what I meant didn't come across very well.

    I just like to have fun. Sorry if anyone took it serious. As far as I'm concerned the media is one big joke anyway.
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

  15. #15
    Regular Member FMCDH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,043

    Post imported post

    Great article Dave.



  16. #16
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018

    Post imported post

    gsx1138 wrote:
    Yes, it was sarcasm. Yes, sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet. However, as a general rule I don't take anything anyone says on the internet too seriously. Sometimes I'll use the winks or smileys but it seems like heavy handed humor.

    As a note for the future so people might know where I'm coming from. I will never willfully be an @#$% to anyone on these boards unless they are an obvious troll. IE: new account and telling everyone we need to bow at the alter of Obama or the Brady Bunch. Sometimes I may come across as a d!ck and by all means call me on it. It forces me to have to either reaffirm what I wrote or realize that what I meant didn't come across very well.

    I just like to have fun. Sorry if anyone took it serious. As far as I'm concerned the media is one big joke anyway.
    Rgr that. I appreciate it, and I'll try to remember to slow down a little and not jump to the negative conclusion. Maybe I was just not in the best of moods at the time. No hard feelings.
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  17. #17
    Regular Member amzbrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,522

    Post imported post

    Best advise my dad left me was, "Only believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear" and " If you dont touch $h!t, you wont smell like $h!t".
    If you voted for Obama to prove you are not a racist...
    what will you do now to prove you are not stupid?

    "The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of "liberalism," they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened." - Norman Thomas

    "They who can who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve niether liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Posts
    332

    Post imported post

    Gun control legislation is far cheaper than keeping a criminal behind bars for his entire sentence.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego County, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    1,402

    Post imported post

    3/325 wrote:
    Gun control legislation is far cheaper than keeping a criminal behind bars for his entire sentence.
    And far more bloody. The number of innocent victims is negligible in prison, while in society that number is practically infinite. That's exactly how the government wants it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •