Thread: What is your carry belt?

Post imported post

I found some quality leather gun belts while visiting family here in Ecuador for $20 and I want you guys the opportunity to get them too.

First question, what kind of belt do you use for carrying? Is it a regular dress belt? Those don't tend to be the best when it comes to daily carry. They get out of shape easily and some holsters have issues grabbing ahold of them. And they don't hold up the weight of even light guns securely. Another reason to use a thick belt is so loop holsters have a much less tendency to slip around and end up in an uncomfortable or otherwise bad position. They measure 4cm wide which is a bit over 1.5inchs.

Attached below are the pictures. They are genuine leather double thick belts with a composite layer stitched inside to help it maintain it's shape for the long haul. They are really sturdy. I bought myself 2 already, one brown and one black.

They also have a zipper pocket (pictured) that is very low profile for whatever small item you'd like to keep safe, IE cash, handcuff key et.

If you want one I'll be goin back to the area of Ecuador that sells all the leather goods prior to leaving. Please post the overall length of belt you want (measure a belt you currently use) and what color and I'll make it happen. If you need it shipped it'll be an extra 2 bucks. I'll ship all orders on the 19th.

I'd appreciate it if you use paypal for the purchase unless I know you personally. That way I can keep it all organized. The email for that is

stjohnmo@gmail.com

Compare to belts of similar quality at different leather and holster websites and you are saving over 60 bucks a belt.

Black Belt

Side View

Pocket, low profile. I think it's a pretty useful idea. Sewn directly into the leather and seems to be a high quality zipper.

Side View (2 layers of leather and 1 of a composite).

If you are interested or have questions just post on this thread or PM or contact me at

stjohnma@gmail.com

Post imported post

I use a 5.11 Tactical casual dress belt with "permastiff" insert. Love it....

Post imported post

double-stitched wilderness belt here.

Post imported post

sweet. just wanted those that are around that don't use a good belt the opportunity to get one at a good price. I know a few people personally, i won't mention names that use stretchy belts and other not so ideal type belts for carrying with the excuse... it's good enough..

Post imported post

When are you leaving? I'm pretty sure I'd like one, but I'm not sure you are still in the area? I live in Cruces.

Post imported post

i haven't left ecuador yet. i'll be going back to Ambato (where they sell the belts) next week or 2 weeks from now. Let me know. I'll post the day prior to leaving so that everyone has the opportunity.

Post imported post

thanks, I'll get a measurement to you and pay your paypal acct.

Post imported post

Jizzzle wrote:
    i haven't left ecuador yet. i'll be going back to Ambato (where they sell the belts) next week or 2 weeks from now. Let me know. I'll post the day prior to leaving so that everyone has the opportunity.
    This is awesome, I need an OC belt, but don't have paypal. They require a bank account/card and I quit both of those habits a while ago. Can we arrange something else?
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

what would you suggest?

Post imported post

Jizzzle wrote:
    what would you suggest?
    I could send a money order. Make it $25 for the bother.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

alrighty guys im picking up all the belts on thursday so if u want one nows the time to let me know.

Post imported post

I use one of two:

Comp-Tac kydex reinforced belt

This is a great belt.

Galco Matrix Belt
    http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp...;CatalogID=254

The Galco has the advantage of being low priced. It's pretty good, but doesn't support heavy guns as well. It's fine for polymer and smaller framed guns.
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?

Post imported post

I use a paddle.. so no idea on the belt

Post imported post

I use the 5.11 "Trainer" belt and wouldn't have it any other way, paddle or not its the best casual belt there is.