• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need help with AK47

bigdaddy1

imported post

I recently got an AK47, but there werent any instructions in the package.

There were field stripping instructions there but they didnt go into any detail as to what to clean and how. The package also had a small 2 opening flask (empty) that smelled like grease or oil (I assume this is some sort of oiler?). There was also this small cylinder that was about 4 inches long and has what looks like a spring in it. I have no idea what to do with these items.

There also is a small hole in the butt stock with a spring loaded cover over it. It seems to be about the same size as the cylinder described above.

Any online resource that I can go to?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
I recently got an AK47, but there werent any instructions in the package.

There were field stripping instructions there but they didnt go into any detail as to what to clean and how. The package also had a small 2 opening flask (empty) that smelled like grease or oil (I assume this is some sort of oiler?). There was also this small cylinder that was about 4 inches long and has what looks like a spring in it. I have no idea what to do with these items.

There also is a small hole in the butt stock with a spring loaded cover over it. It seems to be about the same size as the cylinder described above.

Any online resource that I can go to?
Try this site it's pretty popular;)

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=field+stripping+ak+47&search_type=&aq=0&oq=field+stripping+Ak

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

I haven't field stripped one since I was 12. That was the first gun I ever field stripped.

I never got to shoot it. It was a training model. The piston and barrel where inert. I loved that thing.

bigdaddy1

imported post

The flask is not divided inside. There also was the small cylinder with the spring in it. I still dont know what this is for.

Dragonflydf

imported post

the cylinder with the spring in it is your cleaning kit. Dump it out and you will find a combination sight tool and screw driver, a pin punch, chamber brush. The cleaning rod is located under the barrel, and the canister itself is a tool. The slot in the side is used for the lever to remove the upper handguard, as well as a handle for the screwdriver, the cap has a hole in it to be used as a bore guide for the cleaning rod, and the other holes are used as a handle for the cleaning rod. The can with 2 caps isdivided, one side for bore cleaner, the other for oil.

you can look here for more info

http://www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/