Thread: Store Clerk not to be charged

Post imported post

911 Call of Robbery and Shooting Released

A man deputies say tried to rob a Buncombe County convenience store is recovering from a gunshot wound.

The clerk called 911 Wednesday night from the Kounty Line store on Hendersonville Road saying he'd just shot the suspect, who is identified as 32 yr. old Roy Tyson.

Deputies tell News13 when Tyson pulled a gun and demanded money, the clerk shot him in the left arm. Tyson then fled in a 1996 while Chevrolet Celebrity and led police on a chase through East Asheville on I-240. He was eventually captured.

The suspect is now being treated for his injuries at Mission Hospital. Deputies plan to arrest him once he's released. The clerk who shot Tyson will not face any charges.

Post imported post

this happened wed nite in Asheville , NC

Post imported post

Ole Roy Tyson shoulda stayed home that night...

Good for the clerk.

December 24, 2009

Buncombe gas station clerk shoots would-be robber

By Mike McWilliams and Clarke Morrison

Police have arrested a man who was shot by a store clerk while trying to rob a Buncombe County gas station, authorities said.

Warrants were issued charging Roy Lee Tyson III, 32, of Rattlesnake Mountain Road, Black Mountain, with two counts of attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon and felony fleeing to elude arrest.

The warrants hadn’t been served as of this morning because the suspect was in the hospital, a magistrate said.

The shooting occurred about 6 p.m. Wednesday at Kounty Line at the intersection of Heywood and Hendersonville roads, said Lt. Ross Dillingham of the Buncombe County Sheriff's Office.

The suspect entered the store and approached the clerk to make a purchase, Dillingham said. When the clerk went to open the register, the man leaned over the register and reached at his waist for what the clerk thought was a gun.

The clerk was able to draw a gun, a .357 Magnum, and fire one round at the suspect, Dillingham said. The clerk saw the suspect get into his vehicle and drive south on Hendersonville Road.

Investigators believe the bullet hit the man based on surveillance video and blood they found where the suspect's vehicle was parked.

Investigators identified the suspect as Tyson, partly from surveillance footage from the robbery, Dillingham said.

The clerk is not facing any charges, Dillingham said.

“He felt threatened, so he was defending himself,” Dillingham said.

Tyson also was charged with the attempted robbery Wednesday of an Ingles grocery store on Hendersonville Road. A warrant states he threatened an employee with a handgun.

http://www.citizen-times.com/article...WS01/312240034

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Glad the store employee reacted the way he did. Happy no innocent person was injured or killed.

May Roy Tyson and other criminals learn that some of us won't take their criminal acts without just reaction.

To Hell With Not Being Armed

Post imported post

HRS wrote:
    VERY SUPRISED Asheville is HIPPIE CENTRAL.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
    HRS wrote:
    VERY SUPRISED* Asheville is HIPPIE CENTRAL.
    Yeah, we have a different breed of hippies here in NC, at least in part. Some of these hippies are armed and not just to have a gun.

Post imported post

As there is no report of Tyson having a gun, doesn't this contradict HankT's postulate?
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

okboomer wrote:
    As there is no report of Tyson having a gun, doesn't this contradict HankT's postulate?

Perhaps. Postulate or no postulate. If you claim to have a gun and I can't see it, I shoot first. Sounds like a Universal Rule of Engangement.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

tekshogun wrote:
    simmonsjoe wrote:
    HRS wrote:
    VERY SUPRISED Asheville is HIPPIE CENTRAL.
    Yeah, we have a different breed of hippies here in NC, at least in part. Some of these hippies are armed and not just to have a gun.
    My native american auntwas telling me a story the other day, and mentioned Hippy killers. I at first thought she was talking about folks who kill hippies, on the contrary she was talking about hippies that kill.

Got me thinking how true this is, Manson, Jones, and some others I can't really think of at the moment, cuz my brain is fried.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

okboomer wrote:

Warrants were issued charging Roy Lee Tyson III, 32, of Rattlesnake Mountain Road, Black Mountain, with two counts of attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon and felony fleeing to elude arrest.

That means no.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c