• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Store Clerk not to be charged

HRS

imported post

911 Call of Robbery and Shooting Released

A man deputies say tried to rob a Buncombe County convenience store is recovering from a gunshot wound.

The clerk called 911 Wednesday night from the Kounty Line store on Hendersonville Road saying he'd just shot the suspect, who is identified as 32 yr. old Roy Tyson.

Deputies tell News13 when Tyson pulled a gun and demanded money, the clerk shot him in the left arm. Tyson then fled in a 1996 while Chevrolet Celebrity and led police on a chase through East Asheville on I-240. He was eventually captured.

The suspect is now being treated for his injuries at Mission Hospital. Deputies plan to arrest him once he's released. The clerk who shot Tyson will not face any charges.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Ole Roy Tyson shoulda stayed home that night...

Good for the clerk.

December 24, 2009

[font="Times New Roman, serif"]Buncombe gas station clerk shoots would-be robber[/font]
[font="Times New Roman, serif"]
By Mike McWilliams and Clarke Morrison
[/font]

Police have arrested a man who was shot by a store clerk while trying to rob a Buncombe County gas station, authorities said.

Warrants were issued charging Roy Lee Tyson III, 32, of Rattlesnake Mountain Road, Black Mountain, with two counts of attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon and felony fleeing to elude arrest.

The warrants hadn’t been served as of this morning because the suspect was in the hospital, a magistrate said.

The shooting occurred about 6 p.m. Wednesday at Kounty Line at the intersection of Heywood and Hendersonville roads, said Lt. Ross Dillingham of the Buncombe County Sheriff's Office.

The suspect entered the store and approached the clerk to make a purchase, Dillingham said. When the clerk went to open the register, the man leaned over the register and reached at his waist for what the clerk thought was a gun.

The clerk was able to draw a gun, a .357 Magnum, and fire one round at the suspect, Dillingham said. The clerk saw the suspect get into his vehicle and drive south on Hendersonville Road.

Investigators believe the bullet hit the man based on surveillance video and blood they found where the suspect's vehicle was parked.

Investigators identified the suspect as Tyson, partly from surveillance footage from the robbery, Dillingham said.

The clerk is not facing any charges, Dillingham said.

“He felt threatened, so he was defending himself,” Dillingham said.

Tyson also was charged with the attempted robbery Wednesday of an Ingles grocery store on Hendersonville Road. A warrant states he threatened an employee with a handgun.

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20091224/NEWS01/312240034

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glad the store employee reacted the way he did. Happy no innocent person was injured or killed.

May Roy Tyson and other criminals learn that some of us won't take their criminal acts without just reaction.

To Hell With Not Being Armed

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

okboomer wrote:
As there is no report of Tyson having a gun, doesn't this contradict HankT's postulate?
:)

Perhaps. Postulate or no postulate. If you claim to have a gun and I can't see it, I shoot first. Sounds like a Universal Rule of Engangement.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
HRS wrote:
this happened wed nite in Asheville , NC
VERY SUPRISED Asheville is HIPPIE CENTRAL.

Yeah, we have a different breed of hippies here in NC, at least in part. Some of these hippies are armed and not just to have a gun.

My native american auntwas telling me a story the other day, and mentioned Hippy killers. I at first thought she was talking about folks who kill hippies, on the contrary she was talking about hippies that kill.

Got me thinking how true this is, Manson, Jones, and some others I can't really think of at the moment, cuz my brain is fried.

simmonsjoe

imported post

okboomer wrote:
As there is no report of Tyson having a gun, doesn't this contradict HankT's postulate?

Warrants were issued charging Roy Lee Tyson III, 32, of Rattlesnake Mountain Road, Black Mountain, with two counts of attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon and felony fleeing to elude arrest.

That means no.