Thread: PA Turnpike...

Post imported post

We stopped in Breezewood before getting on the Turnpike this evening, and had dinner at Perkins (it was about the only place open on Christmas Eve!)

The place was packed, and although I OC'd a full-size Para Ordnance S-14.45 in a Serpa CQC, there were no comments, or even any funny looks.

The meal was pretty good, and the service was wonderful. (we left a nice tip too)

Happy Holidays everyone!
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

On the way back to MD on Sunday, we stopped at the Midway Plaza on the Turnpike to get a snack, and I OC'd. We used the "facilities", and then got some Cinnabons before heading on down the road. No problems or even odd looks, even though it was VERY crowded and busy...

Happy Holidays!
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Thanks for the update!
    Isnt that Breezwood area funny?

All of those truck stops crammed in one small little town.
    Sorta reminds me of the old west, only instead of cattle drives and horse drawn carriages. Its freight moved my large trucks.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I've never had any issues in or around the 'pike.
    Did see an interesting long goofy stare in a window
    reflection...:what:...but the dude moved along when
    I got up to leave.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Isnt that Breezwood area funny? All of those truck stops crammed in one small little town.
    But it's not even a town! It's an unincorporated "village" in East Providence Township, Bedford County.

Post imported post

Statkowski wrote:
    Isnt that Breezwood area funny? All of those truck stops crammed in one small little town.
    But it's not even a town! It's an unincorporated "village" in East Providence Township, Bedford County.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Since Im new to PA, I still haven't learned what the difference between a "Borough" or a "Township" lol
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Twenty-five words or less (give or take), Pennsylvania is divided up into sixty-seven counties. These counties, in turn, are divided up into townships (rural/suburb), boroughs (small municipalities) or cities (large municipalities). In Philadelphia's case, the City of Philadelphia takes up all of Philadelphia County. Oh, there is one town in Pennsylvania (Bloomsburg), which would otherwise be a borough, but it was incorporated as a town and the designation has not changed since then.

Post imported post

There ain't no difference cause you got to pay damn taxes regardless of what they are called!

Post imported post

And in the City of Johnstown they're raising property taxes 24% to make up the difference because so many people are not paying their taxes.

Post imported post

That is astounding! Does Johnstown have that many job losses and home foreclosures to account for such a disgrace to punish the survivors?