• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wheeling area OC...

Dreamer

imported post

Although I live in NC, I have family in the Northern Panhandle of WV. We're visiting them for the Christmas holidays, and I'll be posting reports of my OC experiences in the Wheeling area, so stay tuned to this thread...

We arrived in the Wheeling area around 9 tonight, and being Christmas Eve, almost everything was closed. We did find a Sheetz open at the "Highlands" near Elm Grove, and went in for some snacks and to buy a gift card for my nephew.

The place was pretty busy, and although I OC'd a full-size Para Ordnance S-14.45 in a Serpa CQC, there were no comments, but I did get a few funny looks from some of the young men standing in line at the cashier.

We will be in the Wheeling area for the rest of the weekend, and I intend to OC the whole time we're here. I'll post reports for the Wheeling area here, and for any trips I make to PA (Washington) or OH (Ohio Valley Mall) I'll post those reports in the appropriate state forums.

Happy Holidays everyone, and be safe!

Dreamer

imported post

This morning, we went to the Kroger over near National Road (88) to do some grocery shopping for dinner, and I OC'd the entire time. Didn't have so much as an odd glance...

We then went to the Highlands after lunch to shop today, and I was OC the entire time.

We went to Kohls, Book-A-Million, Best Buys, and Cabela's and didn't have a single issue, aside from a few wide-eyed looks from young boys shopping with their parents.

I was looking for Ammo at Cabelas, and had a nice conversation with a fellow about .45acp vs .40 S&W. We agreed that considering the current prices and availability, .40 makes a LOT of sense these days--Cabela's had SHELVES of .40, ranging from el-cheap-o ball ammo to some pretty exotic SD rounds (Cor-Bon, Speer, and Winchester SilverTips). But the selection of .45 acp was pretty bleak, even in Cabela's, which otherwise had a pretty amazing selection of handgun and rifle ammo...

I'm planning to stop by Cabela's Sunday on our way back to MD, and will be OCing again.

We'll also be in Dallas WV for a brief stop at our family's "winter get-together". that event is at the Dallas Community Center, so I probably won't OC there, but as soon as we're back in the car for the trip home, I'll be carrying all the way to the MD border, which will include the return trip on the PA Turnpike...

DJ_Amish

imported post

I live in that area and I carry all the time to sheetz, that krogers, and the highlands but I rarely see other OC'ers. Next time you are in area, let me know.

Dreamer

imported post

Will do. I'll probably be out that way again sometime later this Spring. I'll be sure to give you a "heads up" and maybe we can "do lunch" somewhere. There are some pretty decent places to eat at the Highlands--and there's always the opportunity for a "field trip" to Cabelas. I can't go to the Highlands without stopping in there and buying SOMETHING... :lol:

Sig229

imported post

Yeah, the first time I went into Cabela's I couldn't believe all the ammo they had for sale.

I walked out with two boxes of .40 Golden Saber JHP's.