• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have this holster? or have any opions

Bustelo5%

imported post

I found this and I really like it. But Idk if my glock 21 will fit in any of their holsters.
I love this concept of being able to move it around to what ever position you want.
I am for aprensive of getting it because its not from a trusted source.
Any see a holster from a good company like this let me I love the concept.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/1911-4-position-holster.aspx?a=484000

jadedone4

imported post

Unsure if you are referring to the source (SMG) or the product as "trusted source;" however I have orderd from SMG plenty of times - just recieved a package yesterday

As for the holster; SOB holsters and larger-framed handguns are not a good match. Sure your Glock would fit, but you'd have to worry about stress on your spine/lumber-region with the weight and hang of the unit (holster and Glock). If your intent is to have a multi-use holster; I'd also be wary of that transitioning as well. Mostly, in a tactical use situation, you want your hand and reflexes to run "automatic" to your weapon, draw, aim and if necessary fire - as smoothly and fast as possible. If you have your holster in multiple positions, it may not work as smoothly and fast as you may need for it to be.

SMG does have a very good return policy, and your "investment" here is about +/- $40 bucks; I have yet to have or need to, return anything to SMG, the products are of reasonably quality; not high-end, but functional.

Damiansar-15

imported post

SMG is a great company for gear, although, I prefer quality kydex holsters to leather since they are much faster on presentation, require no break-in period, last longer, are impervious to solvents. I don't believe SMG sells any decent kydex. Of course, I highlighted the quality, because there are a lot of plastic taco manufacturers out there who assemble low-quality gear and pass it off as high-end kydex holsters.

Bustelo5%

imported post

I am a Security Officer so my duty gear is Bianchi patrol tech belt with a black hawk serpa 2 duty holster,so this holster decision isnt ment for ordering missile strikes like jack bauer. I just haven't found a holster from Galco or Gould and Goodrich that offers multi positioning.
Thats great to know they have a good return policy.
The three slot pancake design has not won me over. but I really like this design,if anyone knows of a different maker of something similar please let me know.
And or if the demintions of my glock 21 would fit in any of the variations of this holster.

Bustelo5%

imported post

What do you mean it dosent serve you well,and also do you have any ideas of holsters I can use for my Glock 21?

DEFENSOR

imported post

hey bud I know that I am behind the curve here but have you come up with an option for your holster? I have an Idea that I would like to try myself. I keep my Glock 21 in a Serpa II paddle holster. I was thinking about getting the belt attachment and remount it 90 degrees from its intended position so you get the adjustability in a horizontal position.what do you think? If I follow through with it I will post it with pics.

Good luck, Defensor

Damiansar-15

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
What do you mean it dosent serve you well,and also do you have any ideas of holsters I can use for my Glock 21?

I agree ODA....I just get multiple holsters...for example, I have IWB and paddle holsters for different purposes. I have 4" 1911 holsters for my three 1911s so sometimes I carry the same pistol in different ways depending on what I am doing. FBI cant paddle works well for driving, but I carry a normal paddle for competition/training due to the ease of draw...IWB is good for carry during the summer in Houston, where it is difficult to carry concealed. Just like someone should be comfortable shooting multiple types of pistols, I think it is fine to operate/train with multiple types of holsters and carry positions...

While it will be great to have one holster, which can be carried multiple ways, I suspect that most don't want to take the time to make the adjustments to the product before carrying...Most folks will make an adjustment once and go with it due to convenience.

I also highly recommend Kydex, since leather often does not fit well and breaks down quickly, especially the cheaper leather holsters...

Yooper

imported post

I would never ever carry a gun on, or very close to my spine.
The damage that could do to you were you to slip and fall isn't worth the risk to me. Of the dozen or so LEO's that I know, none of them will carry anything (besides rubber gloves) near their spine for the same reason.

Besides, if it hit the media, you know the headline would be "Man paralyzed by gun" :banghead:

DEFENSOR

imported post

Hey Yooper,

That's a great point. If you do a Barney Fife shoot yourself in the foot and not in the back. I'm partial to Serpa II on the hipfor my own gun. But on duty,Beretta92 in a Bianchi but replaced the deadman flap with a thumb break.

230therapy

imported post

Buy a better holster. I tried to save money on products like this and ended up buying something else. Avoid those nylon holsters. There is a holster manufacturer list on various gun forums. Google around and you'll find it. If you have no idea what to get, look at DeSantis Speed Scabbards, Blade-Tech and Comp-Tac. Galco is expensive for the quality. Safariland ALS holsters are excellent and only cost $39 on opticsplanet.com (6377 and 6378).