• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Times you were glad you were carrying!

gunrunner1911

imported post

You can view my wifes incident at our local Walmart by reading the thread. Should still be around

Attempted ???? She has no idea what they wanted but they were definetly there for trouble.

No police involved.

1245A Defender

imported post

gunrunner1911 wrote:
You can view my wifes incident at our local Walmart by reading the thread. Should still be around

Attempted ???? She has no idea what they wanted but they were definetly there for trouble.

No police involved.

how in the heck are we to look up your wifes thread? does she gotta name? why not just post the link

Never mind i figgured it out...it was not your wifes thread, it was one of yours.... i read it when it was new... a very good and interesting story, and she handled it very well.... only thing i would change is reporting the apparent attempt of robbery or car jacking,,,but never saying anything and denieing drawing the gun, maybe only admitting reaching into the purse to be ready if need be!

Remmy

imported post

Last night in fact I was just leaving work and reached into my car to put my S&W on my hip, employee handbook states no weapons, and i looked over to my left and saw car in our private lot was there with the parking lights on, heard some talking going on across the street with a vehicle traveling about 2 mph then saw a figure cross the street and the car pull off.

to my surprise it was a young lady and her young pit/boxer mix, meekest big dog ive seen had to have been very young still. Anyways As I stepped out from my car door and observed the woman coming closer to what I now assumed to be her vehical I heard her telling someone on a cell phone, freaks! and crazies!, and stating that she could not move the car the tire was flat.

I raised my voice and simply asked is everything okay, she immediately replied NO im not okay and briskly walked over to me.

once she was within 15 feet of me hand at the ready of course as I was now on high alert and head on a swivel i could see tears flowing down her face and what looked to be split lips in several different locations on each lip.

She had just gotten the every living shit beat out of her by her B/F and "Left" never to return is what she said to me with all her clothing and posessions in her car.

I went to change her tire for her to find she had no jack or tire iron. I did not have mine in my car that night either.

I let her use the lobby power outlet to charge her phone and call a "friend" that came to her rescue and drove her to her house, friends house. I waited with her the entire time and she kept thanking me over and over again she was so distraught she did not even notice my weapon on my side.

Interesting way to end the work night.

I plan on formally asking for an exemption to the company policy for my shift to be armed while at work so I wont have to leave my tool in the car. lets hope it works out.

Vipersx911

imported post

That is true, my Girl Griend does not like it when I carry a fire arm around her. She asks me why I do not do it at home when she is not around and my response is because I do not want to deal with CA law (hopefully one day will learn enough to feel I can carry there too), but out in AZ with her I am proud to carry and also know if something were to happen she would be thankful I would of been at the same time.