• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many out their are former LEO, Military or just a regular citizen?

How many are former LEO or Military?

• Total voters

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Be proud of being AF man, but don't tell lies about other branches. Especially when the charts are publicly available for all to compare.

What lies did I tell? The only one telling lies was you.

Check your figures til your nose bleeds bud. To "pass" with exceptional marks in Air Force PT tests, you have to do slightly better than "marginal" on the Army PT test.

It's a simple fact guy.
^ See this, this is not what you had said earlier.
The new component test allows for Air Force members to simply do "marginal" in all areas
This is what you said. It's a simple fact. You didn't say "marginal being compared to the Army's charts."

Things have changed recently in the Air Force, it appears you don't have to do that many push ups any more, easy right? The Air Force has recently hired civilians to take over, there is no more buddy buddy countining you crappy push ups. Form has to be PERFECT. I went from smoking out 70 push ups for a PT test every year to 49. Did I get out of shape? No. The difference, 49 PERFECT pushups recorded out of the 50+ I did. Since we have done what appears to be "lowering our standards" people have been getting booted out and put on the fat boy program left and right, because though the number is lower, with out perfect form you can't pass it.

On a mental stress level, you guys have a peachy keen life.

I don't even know why you would want to argue this, and not embrace the other facets of Air Force life.
You don't know me. You don't know what I do. I'm not arguing anything, you're telling me how much better my living conditions are as if it is an insult to me. I enjoyed getting paid the same as you while getting treated better. I like that. It's not an insult.

You're the one that started the branch bashing session here, all I did was comment on the country club comments vs the stress card and you got all hard up on proving how "hard core" you are.

Look, if putting down the air force is what it takes to make you feel better for signing up to get treated like crap for the same pay, if thats what you need to do, then do it. It appears you don't know anything about the air force aside from the usually grunt stuff. "OMFG AIR CONDITIONING EVERY JOB IN THE AIR FORCE IS A DESK JOB EVERY SIGNLE ONE OF THEM! THEY MUST EAT MCDONALDS AFTER PT BECAUSE ON PAPER THEIR REQUIREMENTS ARE LOWER! YEA MCDONALDS" You don't seem to have a clue about what goes on in the air force.

In summation....u mad.
images

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
The new component test allows for Air Force members to simply do "marginal" in all areas

marginal: situated at the edge or margin of something.
This didn't say marginal in comparison to army standards. This said "allows for Air Force members to simply do "marginal" in all areas." You cannot score on the margin of each area and pass. The Air Force does not allow this.

English comprehension is not a strong point of yours, is it?

Gee so my use of marginal is a comparative to "what" exactly?
I assumed when you said marginal you actually meant marginal.
marginal: situated at the edge or margin of something.
You cannot score on the margin in each area of the USAF PT test and pass. The Air Force does not allow this as you have stated earlier.

Oh, that's right. Army PT requirements.
Not what you said. You can't change things around after you get called out about it...

For the record, it is unacceptable to do "improper pushups" in the Army
I figured you wouldn't understand what I was saying. Of course no military branch condones doing "improper" exersices when it comes to passing a test to keep your job, but when your buddy is counting every single thing you do there tends to be a bias. I'm sure that wasn't acceptable in the army and is out of line to even think someone would do such a thing. Must have only happened in the Air Force before they'd go eat McDonalds.

I could do 100+ pushups and 100+ situps absolutely properly.
You know, after I posted how many push ups I'd use to do compared to how low it is now with the new standard, I had a feeling you'd respond with I CAN DO OVER A HUNDRED PUSH UPS. It's kind of like predicting things in a movie. Actually, more like when a kid is talking about doing karate class and the other kid is like OH YEAH I'M A BLACK BELT!!! lol No no, I'm sure you did 100+ push ups :rolleyes:

I am just saying don't stick your foot in your mouth with stupid comments such as you have.
^ I lol'd. No reply needed to this. Just read the dialog.

I'm sorry we're not "THERE YET" from what you've seen. Maybe one day we'll be worthy in your eyes.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Your initial comparison was the commentary you made about Army guys being "all " about your PT requirements. You began the comparative, which carried through in the conversation. Thus, it was applied to the "marginal" comment, which referred to the same exact conversation we have been having.

This conversation with you is pointless. You are incapable of following the subject.

You stated "they were all " about the AF PT requirements.
I said they could perform marginally, from the perspective of my own, which is the Army requirements.

This conversation is clearly above your ability to communicate.

Like I said, you can't change things up after you've been called out on it. What you said about the Air Force's PT test is just not true. You cannot do marginal in all areas.

Buddy?

Air Force NCO's are "buddies" with their Airmen?
Air Force NCO's are "buddies" with other units Airmen?
No, NCO's are not buddies with airmen. Never did I say that. I see where you're going, but being that you're not in the Air Force it is showing you don't know what you're talking about. Kind of like THE NEW AIR FORCE TEST LETS YOU DO MARGINAL IN ALL AREAS!!!! At least that is something people can look up and see for themselves.

LOL I should scan in one of my PT cards. That sh*t would be funny watching you suck on your own toes.
Yes, go through the trouble of scanning an uploading a PT score sheet that your "buddy" probably recorded. I won't comment on your fetish for men's feet.

The point is, you are very much trying to inflate your training to that which is significantly more fatiguing, both mentally and physically, in the other branches.

When did I inflate my training above another branch? I can't help it that those soldiers at Lackland were surprised with what was required from us for our PT. (note that I didn't say anything about PT test numbers, just PT, you know, you do it all the time at basic training before you go to McDonalds because that's what Air Force people do, we all eat mcdonalds. It appears what jump started this was your assumption that I was comparing PT test minimum score requirements. )

Don't be a pud man. Just be real.
I sense anger in your posts, which could be inaccurate since just reading text doesn't convey too much emotion.

Things like:

"DON'T BE A PUD,

IT'S A SIMPLE FACT GUY,

MY NEW SPECIAL FRIEND,

Holy crap your *** is sensitive and raw."

Why is that necessary if you have a valid "argument" (which I'm not even sure what it is):confused: ? You're getting very desperate here.

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I have to admit you're making me laugh harder than most. At least you can vary your pictures.

Nobody is mad here but you man. :lol:

You're definitely failing in the comprehension of our original argument (which was my comparison of AF PT to Army PT), but that's ok.

Thanks for serving either way bud. :)
Call other person names? Can't support argument??? ANGER EXPOSED!? CALL OTHER PERSON MAD! PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!

120px-You_got_mad.jpg

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
"DON'T BE A PUD,

IT'S A SIMPLE FACT GUY,

MY NEW SPECIAL FRIEND,

Holy crap your *** is sensitive and raw."
^ This.

Having no option but to respond with name calling? = Mad

Getting mad over the internet = sensitive
you_have_abandoned_your_judgment_trollcat.jpg

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Disappointed

What is disappointing is a couple of forum members, presumably veterans, that felt self important enough to derail what has been a great and honorable thread. You have both done yourself nothing but shame. Furthermore, as a citizen who has not served, but understands military law .....remember I as a civilian out rank any military member or officer.

Sad that you choose to ruin a great and long term thread with your selfishness.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Please delete both mine and this other guys posts, as I am shamed to admit I agree with gogodawgs in that it adds nothing to a thread that is otherwise respectable.

If I were you I'd want them deleted too...

I am sorry you are so sensitive.

Get mad over an internet forum? CALL THE OTHER PARTY SENSITIVE!

toldyou.jpg

wild boar

Can't a person get any rest around here?

ARMY, late 73-76 ahhh the good old days. January, Fort Lostinwoods, full pack, M16,and winter gear. "BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE" boar out. :D

Why all the concern with something that's not broke? THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES. THE BEST IN THE WORLD!

Last edited:

MilProGuy

What is disappointing is a couple of forum members, presumably veterans, that felt self important enough to derail what has been a great and honorable thread. You have both done yourself nothing but shame.

Sad that you choose to ruin a great and long term thread with your selfishness.

Very well said.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I don't think the thread is ruined, just a good portion of it is off topic. If you don't like it, don't read it. If you feel the need to I'm pretty sure you can block slowfiveoh and myself and never see our posts again. Most of the stuff I post here at OC.org I feel is very relevant to the cause, but in this case someone called me a liar and I felt compelled to reply instead of just letting it sit. I probably shouldn't have, arguing on the internet just makes you both look retarded.

Last edited:

TheRatt

I just have to throw this in

I just have to throw this in
don’t say your “just a civilian” true you might not be “over there” but as long as your upholding the rights we fight for your are supporting us and giving us something to fight for!