• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many out their are former LEO, Military or just a regular citizen?

How many are former LEO or Military?

• Total voters

lifer89

imported post

US Navy 89-98. Last three years with military police. Lots of training with the best USMC's around. I carry and now does the wife. I fly our flag everyday and I am a very proud american!

AZkopper

imported post

Current LEO.

Small Los Angeles County ghetto city 1994-1997

Mid-sized Orange County suburban city 1997-2005

Giant un-populated County 2005+

MSgt G

imported post

Master Sergeant, USAF, Retired! I served over 22 wonderful years.

Currently I'm a Sergeant First Class in the Georgia State Defense Force.

USAR91d

imported post

Brand new enlisted in the Army Reserve, pre-basic "private fuzz", but a long time lover of liberty and sworn defender of Constitutional rights.

j2l3

imported post

Retired USAF Security Police, MSgt 1974 - 1994

RAF Mildenhall, UK

Travis AFB, CA

Fairchild AFB, WA

Hahn AB, Germany

Minot AFB, ND

PaxMentis

imported post

Former US Army...1967-1971 Germany, Vietnam (2/502 Inf, 1/9 Cav, 120 AHC), Georgia.

Retired LEO & Corrections Administrator.

Currently extremely private citizen.

M

McX

imported post

just a regular nobody booring citizen here. missed all the good wars, Nixon pulled the troops out of nam in 1975, i graduated in 76. didn't even have to register for the draft. too old to fight in the later stuff.

sraacke

imported post

Former military, US Army 1987-1991. 19k=I drove M1A1 Abrams tanks for Uncle Sam.

Desert Shield/Storm vet.

I was SSgt/E6 in the Louisiana State Guard (State militia) for a while.

Was an Auxillary for thelocal Marshals Office which just means I was an unpaid LEO who rode around in a patrol car with a paid full timeCity Police Officer a few hours a month. It's a good way to learn about the job and decide if you want to do it for a career, sort of like getting on a Volunteer Fire Departmentand getting on the job experiance so you can get on as a paid fire fighter. Want to know what I learned? That I never want to be a cop. They have to deal with wwaaaaaayyyy to much crap.

Instead I tool a job as a Corrections Officer for theState. I made Sgt and was there a little over 6 years before leaving for a fire department job.

Current work as a hospital security officer.

FMCDH

imported post

SecurityContractor & Consultant (1997 - 2003)

U.S. Coast Guard, Active Duty (2003 - Present)

GuitarMan270

imported post

I've never served, but I do want to give a big thanks to all the military personnel and LEOs who have. I, for one, truly appreciate what all of you have done and are doing to keep me and my family safe and free.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Aviation Ordnanceman First Class (AO1 (AW)) USN (ret.)

'Nam '65, '71-'72 (Direct combat 71-72)

Lebanon '81-'82

Former Baltimore City Police Officer (various gunfights)

Last edited:

OPS MARINE

imported post

Parris Island 1990. I am a former Marine and Police Officer. I did Flight Ops and PMO. Very lucky to have had forgiving commands that allowed me to maintain a dual MOS.