• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Little guy beat up while shopping

Redwolf

imported post

Come on guys, a young deer stops by a local Publixs for a few things next thing hes attacked, blindfolded and duck taped. all for trying to pick up those last couple of items needed for christmas.

PINELLAS COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- A young male deer made a wrong turn Wednesday and ended up in a Publix in Palm Harbor.

According to reports, the deer made its way into the Publix at 500 E. Lake Road after running into a glass door of a nearby shop.

"I was headed to the check out and I was right by the front door. And all the sudden I like got knocked into and something stepped on my foot," said shopper Caroline Harned. "And there was this deer that was like running by me slid and fell down."

Publix staff was able to wrangle the animal. When deputies arrived they blindfolded the deer to keep it quiet.

They then secured the animal's legs with duct tape.

No one was hurt.

The Suncoast Animal League picked the animal up from the store. After examining the deer, they released it into Brooker Creek Preserve where it likely came from.

More Information
Deer caught and released
Rick Chaboudy with the Suncoast Animal League said the animal appeared to have a concussion. He estimates the deer is about 1 year old.

Authorities say the deer may have been hit by a car.

"Hopefully, a good night's sleep and come tomorrow morning he's up and around and he remembers he's a deer," Chaboudy said.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2...24/562371.html
[align=right]
progress.gif
[/align]

thejax

imported post

The way I look at it is, deers can be quite a danger to themselves and others when wondering into a public gathering.

I feel, what they did wasn't the most humane thing to do but they did manage to keep the deer from further injuring itself and other or doing any damage to the store by doing so.

They also released it, which was great.

I guess the best thing I can say is, if you were standing there and this happened to you, how would you of approached it?

If I was there, I would be like "Um, is what you are doing necessary?" But in the end no one got hurt and there was a happy ending., Which is what we all want at the end of the day, right?

mbpe912

imported post

thejax wrote:
The way I look at it is, deers can be quite a danger to themselves and others when wondering into a public gathering.

I feel, what they did wasn't the most humane thing to do but they did manage to keep the deer from further injuring itself and other or doing any damage to the store by doing so.

They also released it, which was great.

I guess the best thing I can say is, if you were standing there and this happened to you, how would you of approached it?

If I was there, I would be like "Um, is what you are doing necessary?" But in the end no one got hurt and there was a happy ending., Which is what we all want at the end of the day, right?
I live .9 miles from the store, the next day a deer the same size hit my aunt's Lexus:) I was so happy something hurt her baby. :) Lexus 3k in damage deer dead.