• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Shawnee County and Topeka, KS

r00tz

imported post

Is it legal to Open carry in Shawnee County and Topeka, KS as of 12/25/09 without any kind of License?
If so what is the Legal age to Open Carry?

r00tz

imported post

I've read those but haven't been able to find anything regarding the Minimum Age limit to Open Carry.
I think in KS the age is 18+ but is that the law in all Counties and city's that allow Open Carry?

IanB

imported post

marine0300 wrote:
Except at Shawnee Lake.
Just curious, where's the legal documentation specific to Shawnee Lake? I'd like to take a look at it.

marine0300

imported post

Hey Nakedshoplifter,

Happy New year!

Below is the link to Shawnee County Codes. Takes awhile to down load 481 pages

[url]http://www.snco.us/counselor/pdf/SNCode.pdf[/url]

Article 5 Firearms Restrictions page 211

----------------

Chapter 21 Parks & Recreation pg 223
Article 2 County Parks General Rules and Regulation pg 224
Sec 21-58 carrying or possession of firearms is prohibited. Pg 225

If I can be of further assistance please let me know

K

KansasScout

imported post

Has anyone heard the status of the young man who ran afoul of the PD at the Mall?

The post was pulled and some time has elasped so I would think there would be some resolution by now?

K

KansasScout

imported post

Good luck. I hope you have a good attorney. Let us know what happens.