• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Unconstitutional Law

langzaiguy

imported post

Apparently, the KRS has given another state organization "power" to ban weapons. This time, it is the the Kentucky State Fair Board"

KRS 247.145 authorizes the Kentucky State Fair Board to adopt reasonable administrative regulations
necessary to maintain decency and good order, to protect the peace or safety of the general public, or to protect
the public interest,
Section 3. No person is licensed to enter or remain in any building or stadium owned or operated by the
Kentucky State Fair Board while in possession of a firearm or other deadly weapon (as defined
in KRS 500.080(4)), regardless of whether such person would be licensed to enter such building
if he did not possess such firearm, provided that this section shall not apply to a peace officer
who is permitted by law to carry such weapon concealed or who is carrying such a weapon in the
line of duty.

Am I reading this right? The KRS website is down right now, so I can't look it up. I got this info from handgunlaw.us It may be another instance of a KRS giving the "power" to a state board to create a KAR to ban guns.

Thos.Jefferson

imported post

The constitution only allows the restriction of concealed carry and they know that. I think this charge(violation of 247.145)would fail in court but it seems a few phone calls to the legislators is in order. This statute has been in effect for about 40 + years but the max penalty is only 10 days in jail .