• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EAST BAY MEET UP :-) Livermore PLANNING FOR 1-2-10 - Saturday

Livermoron

imported post

:D
January 2nd 2010 - Saturday
Panama Red Coffee, 2115 1st Street, Livermore, CA 94551

TIME: 11am-1pm (or so)

Bring your printed materials on UOC, good attitude, recording device(s), and be ready to speak intelligently to the public and possible LEO's on UOC.

Please take the usual precautions and be sure you pay attention to GFSZ's, locked container (if needed), etc. Carry at your own risk. I do not assume any responsibility or liability for this public meet up. That all being said, HAVE FUN ;)

If there is anyone that can come along to video and/or photo document the meet up that would be great!

I look forward to meeting you all. Please feel free to PM me if needed...

Livermoron
:celebrate

Livermoron

imported post

Hey All - 'onedavetoomany' and I did a 3 hour UOC "practice run" today in downtown Livermore... :D Please read about it in another thread I posted earlier tonight.

See you all on Saturday.

:cool:
Carry On,

Livermoron

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Just as a heads up, there are schools in the area. Please use google earth to find and identify where the schools are located at. You may have to avoid parking in some locations to avoid 626.9 violations.

Livermoron

imported post

Hi All,

Please plan to park in the large parking lot behind the businesses at the NORTH side of 1st Street. This area is "in the clear" according to my research.

This parking lot may be accessed from alleys on 1st street, from L Street, from N. Livermore and from Railroad Avenue.

Looking forward to meeting you all :D

Livermoron

bigtoe416

imported post

I'm pretty sure I'll be coming to this, if only to see if brad has put flashing lights on his pimp cannon. I'm not sure if I'll be carrying.

Freedom_Is_Popular

imported post

Happy New Year!

A friend that plans to attend tomorrow's meeting informed me that officers' from the LPD have requested that open carriers meet with them prior to the beginning of the demonstration to conduct a 12031 (e) check, as oppose to doing so in front of Panama Red Coffee, which is a high traffic location with lots of people present.

LPD Cpt. Scott Trudeau has agreed that the meeting with officers will only involve the 12031 (e) check, andnothing else.

My friend and several others that plan to participate have already agreed to meet with LPD officers at around 10:30-10:45 AM in an alley way just north-westof the Panama Red Coffee Company location.

The alley way is between 2058 and 2068 1st Street, Livermore. The alley wayconnects to a shopping center parking lot.

SeeHERE

Gundude

imported post

Freedom_Is_Popular wrote:
Happy New Year!

A friend that plans to attend tomorrow's meeting informed me that officers' from the LPD have requested that open carriers meet with them prior to the beginning of the demonstration to conduct a 12031 (e) check, as oppose to doing so in front of Panama Red Coffee, which is a high traffic location with lots of people present.

LPD Cpt. Scott Trudeau has agreed that the meeting with officers will only involve the 12031 (e) check, andnothing else.

My friend and several others that plan to participate have already agreed to meet with LPD officers at around 10:30-10:45 AM in an alley way just north-westof the Panama Red Coffee Company location.

The alley way is between 2058 and 2068 1st Street, Livermore. The alley wayconnects to a shopping center parking lot.

SeeHERE
I say, let them do the e check out in plain sight so all can see its not illegal. Good publicity for us. Don't forget your video and audio recorders.

bigtoe416

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Happy New Year!

SeeHERE
I say, let them do the e check out in plain sight so all can see its not illegal. Good publicity for us. Don't forget your video and audio recorders.
I won't be going out of my way to meet with any agents of the government unless it somehow benefits me. My time is valuable. The fact that the Livermore police department is going to be actively policing a lawful activity makes me ill.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

My reaction were I attending/organizing;
Request denied. In light of your departments advance notice of their intent to intrude uponour liberty, I will be changing the time and location of this event, and further events will only be announced to vetted members of our organization.

The idea that people should line up in an orderly fashionto submit to a check, so they can do something that has repeatedly been established as legal is just plain crap. I dont mind if officers want to be friendly or wanted to take a moment to say "Hi", but making it convienent for them to do a 12031(e)-- not my job.

I am in agreement with others who have indicated that any (e) check, if they should be done, should be conducted in full view of the general public, so that once the intrusion on our liberty is complete and the police go away and we continue what we were doing, everyone in sight will know that no law was broken and no one is going to jail.

By requesting us to line up for an (e) check, the police are highjacking the event. There are other means by which police and activists can interact. Maybe instead of taking this advesarial approach, they should liason with OCDO as members.

onedavetoomany

imported post

I think the issue here is that some of the people open carrying reside in Livermore and would like to avoid negative interactions with the police department to the extent that it's possible. The fact that the police agreed to ONLY the (e) check is why it's being considered. Supposedly, the police are aware of the law and will not be asking for ID or running serial numbers.

We now know the police read this forum and know about the meetup. This means there will be an (e) check at some point whether we like it or not. Personally, I'd prefer to get it over with right away.

Livermoron

imported post

Hi All,

As a resident of Livermore ("Livermoron", duh) I don't mind doing the "e check" this time with any officer that may show up. We all know it violates our rights (no matter how the CA PC reads). That being said, I would like to be a good will ambassador on behalf of the UOC crowd. :D Also, this will be "in public", just a block down the street from the meetup location.

Wait - This does not mean I will choose to "roll over" on the issue(s) involved. To meet some of the local officers in a "friendly setting" seems like a good (even if not required) idea to kick things off. Familiar faces, hand shakes, etc.

I, of course, FULLY support :) all of you who choose not to "line up" for the e-check. However, as this meetup is "out of the bag", the PD will be around and likely enforcing the CA PC. Thus, the likelihood of being stopped and e-checked is high anyway. In this case, why not make it a "meet-and-greet" instead of a us/them thing?

As more and more of us take to the streets carrying in our day to day lives the perceived stigma by the general public and LE will wear off and we can happily exercise our rights without as many hassles :cool:. Until then, I will choose to be a bit more flexible and help extend the olive branch to the folks wearing the badges (up to or until I have an "unprofessional encounter").

This does not mean I will place a phone call to an officer whenever I UOC. I was UOC tonight on my way home from Manteca. I went to get gas here in town, checked my mail, etc. Then had to lock it up as I got closer to home as I live in a GFSZ :banghead: .

I truly hope to see MANY of you out here in Livermore tomorrow for the meetup. Please do not be put off by the likely LE presence. You are going to encounter a LEO at some point while UOC. If you have not yet, and want to "pop the (insert name of well known fruit here)", then show up a little early and "...come on down, you're the next contestant on E-Check!" :lol:

Carry On,

Livermoron :cool: