• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting from Idaho

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Hey guys. I'm in the Tucson area spending time with my family and I'm going a little nuts dealing with them. Anyone interested in getting me out of the house for a bit before I go back on Tues? I'm in Sahuarita, just south of Tucson. I have a gun, but won't be OCing. :)

Thanks from Idaho.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
Hey guys. I'm in the Tucson area spending time with my family and I'm going a little nuts dealing with them. Anyone interested in getting me out of the house for a bit before I go back on Tues? I'm in Sahuarita, just south of Tucson. I have a gun, but won't be OCing. :)

Thanks from Idaho.
Why not?

IndianaBoy79

imported post

My reasons are two fold. While I have a gun, I didn't bring my OC holster. Secondly, my parents aren't "down" with the guns, so I didn't mention to them I even brought mine. Even as an adult, I try to respect them as much as I can.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
My reasons are two fold. While I have a gun, I didn't bring my OC holster. Secondly, my parents aren't "down" with the guns, so I didn't mention to them I even brought mine. Even as an adult, I try to respect them as much as I can.
This word is lost here.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

ixtow wrote:
IndianaBoy79 wrote:
This word is lost here.
Not sure I follow your thought.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
ixtow wrote:
IndianaBoy79 wrote:
This word is lost here.
Not sure I follow your thought.
I'm just not sure how respect is involved. If your own parents think you deserve to die, uhm... You must be a real asshole! :p

Do you 'respect' the Brady's by obeying their nonsense? Why not educate instead of appease?

Just curious.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Trust me, I've tried the "education" route. It almost always leads to an argument. Not exactly how I want to spend my Christmas. At almost 70 years old, I don't think I'm going to change much about their views.

That being said, I still decided to bring it. I'm not willing to sacrifice my or their protection because of our disagreement.

Packer fan

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:
Trust me, I've tried the "education" route. It almost always leads to an argument. Not exactly how I want to spend my Christmas. At almost 70 years old, I don't think I'm going to change much about their views.

That being said, I still decided to bring it. I'm not willing to sacrifice my or their protection because of our disagreement.

I just spent part of Christmas with my Father-in-law who is 80. He isn't anti guns just did not see the need for one and they were too dangerous to be in his house.

He didn't see the need for a gun until he received death threats from his neighbour this past spring. My brother-in-law bought him an old 16 gauge this Christmasand now he keeps it right by the door.

Now he and my mother-in-law are happy knowing that my wife carries every where it is legal to do so.

Until they can see the need for one and you can show them that you are the same person with or without a gun it will be like :banghead:. I understand have been there.

PavePusher

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:

Thanks from Idaho.

Aaargh. I'd happily load up the truck with rifles and you and head to the range...

But I came up to Salt Lake (for the same reason you're in Tucson), and not leaving until Wednesday. Sorry.

TOF

imported post

It is nice to hear that there is some respect left in this world. I am to far away to do you any good but want to wish you a pleasant Holiday in Arizona.

lostone1413

imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:

Your parents live in Arizona and are anti-gun?? Any chance you can bring them back to Idaho when you go back?? I see way to many anti-gun people moving to Arizona. Soon we will be like the rest of the states

matt35

imported post

I too am glad that there is still respect for parents Indianaboy. I am the same way when I visit my parents in Mi when it comes to drinking, they aren't drinkers, so I refrain from it when I/they visit. I too am unable to help you with your situation, but wish you and your folksa happy new year.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

IndianaBoy79 wrote:

Old dogs, new tricks, not worth the discord... I'm glad I don't have to relate. Maybe, someday...

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Thanks for trying guys! :) I'm sorry I didn't get to meet any of my Az counterparts, but I will be in the area again someday. I'll have to warn you ahead of time; I just wasn't thinking much about it before the trip.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Thanks to the wonderful people of Arizona for the hospitality I've had during my stay. A truly great place to visit. I have to leave on an early flight tomorrow and I'm a little apprehensive about going through the airport with the increased security. Hopefully the check in process will continue to be painless.

If any of you are ever in the Boise, ID area, please send me a PM and let me know. I'd be happy to show you around or get a bite to eat.

Thanks again!