• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster for Sig2340 with tac light

BluesStringer

imported post

I have a S&W 4563TSW that I've had for 6 or 7 years. When I bought it, I couldn't find one single holster that listed that specific model for fit, so I started going to all the gun forums I could find and asking around. Turned out that the fit is identical to a Sig P220R, which meant virtually every holster manufacturer makes a holster for my weapon, it's just neither they or I knew it! I've got 6 different holsters for it now and they all fit exactly right.

I just went and looked at a pic of your weapon and it appears to be very similar in frame and trigger guard to the P220 series. You might find it will fit, but if it doesn't, a bit of trial and error test fittings of holsters made for other similar weapons will surely get you a model you can order around in the future. You just have to find a store-front location that has a wide variety of holsters to try out.

If you aren't satisfied with anything you find with that suggestion, you can always have a kydex holster custom-made to your weapon. Even custom kydex is usually cheaper than off-the-shelf decent quality leather.

Good luck.

Blues

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

Thanks for the custom kyndex idea, never thought of that. I think CrossBreed might do that. I hear ya on the trial and error, I will sit in a good gun store with a good selection of holsters for an hour or so and try to fit the gun to anything close. I am very picky for obvious reasons when it comes to holsters. I also have a Springfield XD 40 Sub and found that some of the holsters for the SIG 2340 fit it too and visca versa. Funny. Tried some other Sig holster for the 220,226 and nothing worked. I have the local Quantico Tactical ordering a Black Hawk CQC Serpa for me that fits the Sig 2022, which is extremely identical to the 2340 but this one if not with a TAC Light mod. I think it may fit. I want it for the range basically. I have about 5 holsters for each and some I can cross over on between the two.

Thanks again for the advice, the search continues.

JD