Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Life in the U.K.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,155

    Post imported post

    Received the following e-mail from a friend across the pond.

    "Sorry to hear about your dog. If you had done same in the U.K. you would almost certainly be now behind bars.

    "Recently a bloke gave a burglar a good hammering for breaking in to his house; poor bloke and his brother are now serving 30 months in the "State Pen". Presume in your country you would have shot the burglar on sight and end of story. By the way the burglar was not charged - the Nancy pansy judge told him you have suffered enough. For the record he was a career criminal and only out of jail, oh, and I almost forgot, he was carrying one or more knives."

    Looks like the inmates are running the asylum.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Newbald, , United Kingdom
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6956044.ece

    What happened was that a family of 5 was confronted, in their home, by 3 masked intruders. The family was tied up.

    The father managed to untie himself and escape. Then, with the aid of another man, he chased the robbers out of the house and down the street. The father cornered one of the robbers and beat him with a cricket bat. This beating, not surprisingly, left the robber with a degree of permanent impairment!

    The father's reaction was considered to be intemperate and he was jailed for 30 months.

    The robber, btw, was a career criminal with a long history...blah, blah, blah.

    I don't know whether the father's reaction was the correct one, but it was understandable. I can think of few things worse than being tied up in my own home, by masked robbers. Just imagining that vulnerability is making my blood boil.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Haz.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I come from a land downunder.
    Posts
    1,227

    Post imported post

    David Turner wrote:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6956044.ece

    What happened was that a family of 5 was confronted, in their home, by 3 masked intruders. The family was tied up.

    The father managed to untie himself and escape. Then, with the aid of another man, he chased the robbers out of the house and down the street. The father cornered one of the robbers and beat him with a cricket bat. This beating, not surprisingly, left the robber with a degree of permanent impairment!

    The father's reaction was considered to be intemperate and he was jailed for 30 months.

    The robber, btw, was a career criminal with a long history...blah, blah, blah.

    I don't know whether the father's reaction was the correct one, but it was understandable. I can think of few things worse than being tied up in my own home, by masked robbers. Just imagining that vulnerability is making my blood boil.
    Welcome to Australia. Its no different here.

    "The father managed to untie himself and escape. Then, with the aid of another man, he chased the robbers out of the house and down the street. The father cornered one of the robbers and beat him with a cricket bat. This beating, not surprisingly, left the robber with a degree of permanent impairment!
    "
    .

    In Australia the father would be charged with using too much force and probably get 0ne or two years. The robber would be allowed to sue the father for damages inflicted and get many thousands of dollars compensation.

    "The robber, btw, was a career criminal with a long history...blah, blah, blah."
    .

    This would be considered as unadmissable evidence because here in Aus., past criminal history is not admissable in court to be included in the present case being heard by the magistrate.

    "I don't know whether the father's reaction was the correct one, but it was understandable. I can think of few things worse than being tied up in my own home, by masked robbers. Just imagining that vulnerability is making my blood boil.
    "
    .

    Mine boils as well but the trouble here is the anties get more attention from the media than they deserve. Why?



    Haz.
    When a criminal invades your home and has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.

    My Definition of Gun Control: The idea that dozens of people found dead in the Broadway Café, Tasmania, and many also seriously wounded, all while waiting for police, who were called to show up and protect them, is somehow morally superior to having several armed and therefore alive civilian's explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK prison island.
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Received the following e-mail from a friend across the pond.

    "Sorry to hear about your dog. If you had done same in the U.K. you would almost certainly be now behind bars.

    "Recently a bloke gave a burglar a good hammering for breaking in to his house; poor bloke and his brother are now serving 30 months in the "State Pen". Presume in your country you would have shot the burglar on sight and end of story. By the way the burglar was not charged - the Nancy pansy judge told him you have suffered enough. For the record he was a career criminal and only out of jail, oh, and I almost forgot, he was carrying one or more knives."

    Looks like the inmates are running the asylum.
    I hear his cry as I am among the lunatics in Prison UK!

    It's awful, you cannot defend yourself here without risking the criminal taking you to court and standing a good chance of the justice system being sympathetic to them.
    I wish I could of moved to your fine country as I work hard and detest the socialist culture and benefits mentality the young folk have now here.

    I could write a book but I'll save that for if I successfully escape to the USA and settle there (A veritable mountain to climb at that).

    I have to travel unarmed and I mean completely unarmed whereby ANYTHING construed as defensive like a stick is classed with this insane 'offensive' weapon bs.

  5. #5
    Regular Member DCKilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wet Side, WA
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz-tronic View Post
    (A veritable mountain to climb at that).
    I would climb that mountain, my friend. It is nonsense to live under that kind of tyranny.
    Last edited by DCKilla; 08-09-2010 at 05:44 AM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK prison island.
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by DCKilla View Post
    I would climb that mountain, my friend. It is nonsense to live under that kind of tyranny.
    DC, I hear you man and I'm climbing it now as we speak.
    Cross your fingers for me mate 'cause it means a long road but I'm making the plans now!
    I feel like I'm among the last people stranded who can see they don't belong in this country.
    Kind of like Dawn of the Dead with the helicopter about to lift off!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Calhan, Co.
    Posts
    340
    I feel for you guys stuck in places where the fundamental, inalienable right of self-defense is denied you by your governments and frowned upon by your peers. I hope you can make it to the states guys. We need more freedom lovers here and more freedom lovers gone somewhere where "the state can protect them".

    Good luck.

  8. #8
    Regular Member DEROS72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SEATAC, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,819

    Latest news story from Wa.State USA

    Here are some of the latest news stories form here in the USA .Some folks here are statrting to forget how good we have and try to turn things into what you are saddled with there.I open carry everywhere and even in my bank.Lately a police officer could be trouble just for asking ID from an open carrier in a Starbucks.Check out the videos.

    http://www.king5.com/video?id=104218483&sec=548792


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wdva...=youtube_gdata




    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7xNQ...eature=related


    http://www.king5.com/news/business/O...-84142442.html

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAJ_M...eature=related

    JImhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5MQgWu_9Jo
    KOMO 4 5PM News Broadcast:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh8KW40bjLw

    KOMO 4 6PM News Broadcast:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p8yinMa6hc

    http://forum.nwcdl.org/index.php?act...;sa=view;id=69

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_WTh...eature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wmpL...eature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSePuaR9ibY&feature=fvw funny
    Last edited by DEROS72; 10-08-2010 at 05:16 AM.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by DEROS72 View Post
    Idiotic comments: "Guns make people nervous" and "If you're carrying a gun, expect to be talked to by an officer."

    Sane comments:

    Walking around without protection makes me nervous.

    Why would engaging in a lawful activity trigger a "talking to" by the police? Law enforcement has no more right to stop me for carrying a 2 lb weapon than they do for driving a 4,000 lb weapon, provided I'm handling both in a lawful manner.

    [quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7xNQ...eature=related

    King 5 - what a joke, reporting on law-abiding citizens engaged in a lawful activity.

    Starbucks responded to the Brady Bunch by saying "screw you." Well, not quite; they were more polite about it than that. Actually, they said they'd comply with state law, and if state law allows OC/CC, then Starbucks will allow OC/CC.

    KOMO 4 5PM News Broadcast:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh8KW40bjLw
    KOMO 4 6PM News Broadcast:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p8yinMa6hc
    Seattle's mayor is an idiot.

    Nice!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •