• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open or Concealed - You Be the Judge.

Wyoming

imported post

On Christmas Eve I stopped at the E'town Kroger to fill up with gas. At the pump beside me was a man with a knit shirt on who was carrying in a nice engraved leather holster. The shirt was partly hiding his gun and partially revealing it depending on his motions. You be the judge was he OC or CC? If he was CC or trying, and does not have a CDWL was he wrong?

I CC most of the time and make sure that I am in fact CC.

TheMrMitch

imported post

If you could tell the holster had a gun in it.....OPEN. Which is OK.

If you could NOT see the gun.....CONCEALED. Also OK with CDWL.

I've seen a fellow using an old holster to carry his vice grips in which he somehow needed for his job. Holsters don't always have weapons in them.:dude:

Wyoming

imported post

It had a weapon in his holster. I do not think he was a cop, unless the local LEO are hiring elderly grossly overweight folks, which I seriously doubt. Since it was showing was there any danger of him being charged with brandishing? I have heard rumors about this happening. Although he might have been totally legal, why draw attention to yourself if not needed?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Depend on the laws of the state where you are hanging your hat or happen to find your feet.

Yata hey

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
Wyoming wrote:
Although he might have been totally legal, why draw attention to yourself if not needed?
I agree... I would never wear a sweater in public...

I'm like PP, I wouldn't be caught dead in a nit shirt.

Here in TN we can carry either way with a HCP. I always OC, but during winter my jacket might partially cover my sidearm sometimes. I'm legal either way. I can go to KY and do the same.

OC doesn't seem to draw that much attention here where I live. Makes for a good conversation starter sometimes.

It's actually a good thing if OC gets attention anyway. The public gets to see that ordinary people like themselves can carry side arms without something bad happening, like the anti-gun groups keep telling them will.

The anti-gun groups can't stand OC, they won't even mention it in their propaganda. :lol:

M

McX

imported post

i won't split hairs on the topic, to me it was/would be just another citizen exercising his rights.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
Wyoming wrote:
Although he might have been totally legal, why draw attention to yourself if not needed?
I agree... I would never wear a sweater in public...
Maybe a hair shirt though? :lol:

What can I say - I've got a few in my closet too.

Yata hey

Butterbone

Erlanger;Boone county side, Kentucky, USA
imported post

I want people to know I am carrying. I feel better knowing that anyone looking at me can tell I am armed. That's why I wear a pistol on both hips and a shotgun slung over my shoulder and my ankle back up strapped to the outside of my pant leg.

The reason I wanna get a concealed carry license is so I can wear a coat over top of those guns. It's cold outside right now.

BIG BIG GRIN right here...:)

GarandFan

imported post

Yeah ... KRS 527 does not define concealed. About all it says relevant to the issue is:

527.020 Carrying concealed deadly weapon.
(1) A person is guilty of carrying a concealed weapon when he or she carries concealed a firearm or other deadly weapon on or about his or her person.

I routinely carry, and almost always have a shirt or jacket over the handgun. Sometimes (probably most of the time) the muzzle protrudes from under the shirt or jacket. I suspect that technically, it would still be considered concealed because it's mostly covered. However, I have a CCDW so I really don't care.