• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Adopt a Spot Coming Soon

IamMick

imported post

After reading a bunch about our Adopt a Spot participation in Northern Virginia I just submitted a package to get one started in Hampton, Va. I live in Hampton but that is not why I chose it. Geographically Hampton is in the middle of the Oceanfront Area and everyone up in Yorktown so the commute for everyone collectively will be fair, (also it is right off the interstate). I proposed to the city to have somewhere in the downtown Hampton area close to the Sheriffs Office or other city buildings. Like I said I just submitted the package so I will keep posting updates to let everyone know.

Just so I know who would be ok for doing this on like a Saturday in the future with enough notice. We are only required to clean it five times a year for two years but I will be doing it once a month.

usaf0906

imported post

I think this is a good idea and would gladly donate some time to it. :)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Be sure to see the Ridley Reports from out of New Hampshire. Seems YouTube can be your bestest friend.

Glad to see you taking the bit between your teeth.

stay safe.

skidmark

IamMick

imported post

Yea skidmark we were watching those videos tonight...I am pretty much treating this no different then anyone carrying on the streets anywhere else. Just make sure we dont actually go in the courthouse, schools, etc.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

IamMick wrote:
Yea skidmark we were watching those videos tonight...I am pretty much treating this no different then anyone carrying on the streets anywhere else. Just make sure we dont actually go in the courthouse, schools, etc.

As much as many of us hate the possession of a CHP as a way of avoiding the Gun Free School Zone (we will all die here zone), it may be necessary for folks to carry their CHP. Be sure you check the maps carefully to see if you might run into that.

Might run on down to watch you guys picking up trash. Could always offer to be a rolling crash barrier between you & the motorists.

stay safe.

skidmark