• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-gun TV commercial tonite.

Lante

imported post

That ad has been around for several years in various forms, radio, billboard and TV.
I have seen it several times, and hate it. Always want to say it wasn't the gun that put your brother in jail....it was the fact he was a criminal and shouldn't be around you to lead you down the path to a life of crime...you are better off!

Why we don't do that...there are some pro gun billboard campaigns around in various areas, but basically ads are very expensive.....

OCDO is a big advertisement.
Every time you open carry in public, you are our advertisement.
Every time citizens see you as an upstanding citizen with a gun, not as a threat, criminal, crazy or OMG "Gun Nut" you are our advertisement.
Every time you get to talk to someone about open carry, and constitutional rights, you are our advertisement.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I really want to remake this commercial with one of my boys narrating. It wasn't the "GUN", it was that your brother, whom you call your best friend so my guess is you wont' be far behind in his footstep, "Committed crimes", one which was to get a gun under the age of 18.

I just have been too lazy to download and overdub that commercial, and then write a script for my kid to recite.

This commercial drives me nuts so misleeding.

amzbrady

imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
Why don't we see commercials of a woman playing with her husband and kids, and her saying, I'm here today enjoying my family because a gun saved me from being raped, robbed, or home invasion.

Why haven't we or the NRA, or2ndAd. Foundationput together something like this?
Need one in a Seattle City Park, With an OC Dad pushing his kid on a swing. Then a mugger runs up with a knife and demands wallet, gun is drawn, knife is dropped and mugger is running off. Fade to same park, showing muggers hand with knife as he passes "Guns Banned" sign. then walks up to father no carry. Next fade to dieing father altenating shots to aslowing heart rate between a screaming little girl, a gun ban sign, a dieing dad, a gun ban sign, a pool of blood, a gun ban sign, a bloody knife, end with a gun ban sign.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Why don't you guys get together and make your own "youtube" video.....pass it around....less cheap, and you get views not only in seattle, wa, pacific northwest, the world sees it!

But for it to be a hit, it has to be short, dramatic, and throw a strong message to the viewer....

Edited to add:

And yes, I seen that billboard ad, on 13th and fir street in seattle near international district.

Metalhead47

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Does Steven King and Steven Spielberg OC, Bet they could do something dramatic.

Big time libs, both of them, I'm sorry to say. I'm a huge Stephen King fan, but at least he usually keeps his political affiliations on the down-low. Speilberg campaigned for Obama.

FMCDH

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Does Steven King and Steven Spielberg OC, Bet they could do something dramatic.

Big time libs, both of them, I'm sorry to say. I'm a huge Stephen King fan, but at least he usually keeps his political affiliations on the down-low. Speilberg campaigned for Obama.

People who can afford to hire other people to carry guns for them have a tendency to be anti-gun.I know this from personal experience in working for such people in the past.

And yes, most of themtruly believe its not hypocritical.

Interestingly enough, pretty much the same exact people believe their wealth makes them part of an American "aristocracy". :quirky

Notice a trend? :(