Thread: Holy smoke

Post imported post

Boys and girls, I got the suprize of my life this Christmas. My son came in carrying a package about four feet long and I'm thinking: 'A set of running boards for my Jeep Liberty. Well, when I opened it I was stunned beyond belief. There was a rifle case but a way to heavy for just a case. When I opened it i thought I was going to have a heart attack for there was an M-1 Garand in mint condition. Fresh from the armorer.

Damn what a son to have! He knew I had always wanted one and that I spoke of that piece often from my Korean War day so...... He got me one. Thank God for great sons.

Colorado

Post imported post

Wow!!! Awesome present!!! You're right to be proud of him!!! Can I be his dad next year?:P

I've been hankerin for an M1 for quite a while but don't want to deal with the waiting and delays of CMP. Maybe this year will be different.

Post imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
    Wow!!! Awesome present!!! You're right to be proud of him!!! Can I be his dad next year?:P

I've been hankerin for an M1 for quite a while but don't want to deal with the waiting and delays of CMP. Maybe this year will be different.
    Yes, he is a good son. He also said that the gun shop in LOveland has another m-1 so, maybe that one is the very piece you are looking for.

Post imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:

Ernie, that other M-1 is at the james River Armory in Loveland. I haven't seen it but my son tells me that it appears brand new.

Colorado

Post imported post

colorado slick wrote:
    Evil Ernie wrote:

Ernie, that other M-1 is at the james River Armory in Loveland. I haven't seen it but my son tells me that it appears brand new.

Colorado
    I know they ain't goin' cheap. Besides, I'm budgeted for a Romy PSL sniper...heh...

Post imported post

Very nice. You taught him well.