• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holy smoke

colorado slick

imported post

Boys and girls, I got the suprize of my life this Christmas. My son came in carrying a package about four feet long and I'm thinking: 'A set of running boards for my Jeep Liberty. Well, when I opened it I was stunned beyond belief. There was a rifle case but a way to heavy for just a case. When I opened it i thought I was going to have a heart attack for there was an M-1 Garand in mint condition. Fresh from the armorer.

Damn what a son to have! He knew I had always wanted one and that I spoke of that piece often from my Korean War day so...... He got me one. Thank God for great sons.

Colorado

Evil Ernie

imported post

Wow!!! Awesome present!!! You're right to be proud of him!!! Can I be his dad next year?:p

I've been hankerin for an M1 for quite a while but don't want to deal with the waiting and delays of CMP. Maybe this year will be different.

colorado slick

imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
Wow!!! Awesome present!!! You're right to be proud of him!!! Can I be his dad next year?:p

I've been hankerin for an M1 for quite a while but don't want to deal with the waiting and delays of CMP. Maybe this year will be different.
Yes, he is a good son. He also said that the gun shop in LOveland has another m-1 so, maybe that one is the very piece you are looking for.

colorado slick

imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:

Ernie, that other M-1 is at the james River Armory in Loveland. I haven't seen it but my son tells me that it appears brand new.

Colorado

Evil Ernie

imported post

colorado slick wrote:
Evil Ernie wrote:

Ernie, that other M-1 is at the james River Armory in Loveland. I haven't seen it but my son tells me that it appears brand new.

Colorado
I know they ain't goin' cheap. Besides, I'm budgeted for a Romy PSL sniper...heh...