• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC and Police issues

LA Confederate

imported post

You're right, you're not going to change the judges and the politicians. You have some chance of changing the views of the LEO's as long as you can give them a reason to give you the time of day.

However it is my belief, and the belief of others, that you CAN change the court of public opinion by presenting your case to them and educating them on their rights. If we can portray to them a group of logical people who know their rights and want to exercise them in a respectful and SAFE manner then we will bring more of them to our side. It is this same process that has allowed them to erode our liberties thus far and we want to use their tactics against them.

Mark, that is precisely why we need YOU to stand up and be a figurehead for OC not only in Louisiana but elsewhere. But we need to do so in a manner that will not only attract other OCers, but attract the business owners, lawyers, and eventually the politicians who can force the localities to obey the current laws and to defend future attacks. A lot of LEOs know this site and know you. Use that strength for the benefit of personal liberty, not your own personal war. We need people on our side. We need numbers and right now we have little of either.

I've seen first hand what the aggressive posture gets you in the eyes of the public and it is not productive. No one is asking you to compromise your principles, as I believe your principles are shared by all of us. I'm just asking you to consider your methodology and possibly alter it to be more attractive to a wider audience.

imported post

Again, someone wanting to stand up for what's right, as long as it doesn't offend anyone or, worse yet, carry any consequences. Reminds me of my mother.
It ain't gonna happen.
Just go about your business, OC'ing everywhere you go, much more effective if done in numbers of at least three or four.
If anyone questions you, be polite but firm.

At this point, what the sheeple think or do isn't a concern.

LA Confederate

imported post

No one is saying that there is no consequences and no one is advocating not offending anyone. That just ain't the way things happen.

What is being said, and you said it yourself, when someone OCs then do so in a professional and polite manner. Answer their questions and conduct yourself in a way that makes them want to equate OC with reasonable people.

At the same time, we must get our message out there to the masses. That means speeches, writing letters to the Congress Critters and the editorials, and other means. This is why I think you would be an excellent leader and spokesperson for OC.

There are 2 fronts to this war. The public front and the battle front. The battle front is what you're focusing on. OC everywhere you go and take the fight to them. I (we?) are talking about a separate fight in the court of public opinion. It is in this area that we have lacked any worthwhile fight both in respect to OC and gun rights in general.

imported post

Unlike some states, we don't need no stinkin' permits to OC.
There is no need to schmooze some state legislator to enact such legislation.

"Reasonable people..........." LOL, we carry deadly weapons. Most of the sheeple will NEVER consider us as reasonable people. I have long ago accepted the fact I am NOT, nor do I strive to be, like most people.

The ONLY area I see a need for improvement is a highly qualified/motivated gun attorney to carry the fight to them in civil court.

LA Confederate

imported post

You're right. No legislation needs to be enacted. However our right must be defended, and that is usually only accomplished by a politician. It's unfortunate but we do need those people on our sides.

None of us are like most of the sheep for good reason. When I say reasonable people I mean that we should be viewed not as the "wild west types who are going to go off and start shooting at any minute." Instead I want OCers and anyone with a firearm to be viewed as a responsible and safe person that society is better off to be around.

And I definitely agree that a legal team needs to be assembled to take the fight to them on their turf. The LOCAL group has stated that this is one of our goals.

imported post

We do not need political whores to defend a right spelled out in the state constitution.
What we DO need are honest judges/sheriffs who WILL enforce the criminal laws against some of their own. But anyone with half a functioning brain knows that's not about to happen, at least not in Louisiana.

Instead of splintering the effort to put together a legal enforcement arm, this site should be doing that on a larger scale, simple, common sense tells ya that.

DannyAbear

imported post

LA Confederate wrote:
You're right. No legislation needs to be enacted. However our right must be defended, and that is usually only accomplished by a politician. It's unfortunate but we do need those people on our sides.

None of us are like most of the sheep for good reason. When I say reasonable people I mean that we should be viewed not as the "wild west types who are going to go off and start shooting at any minute." Instead I want OCers and anyone with a firearm to be viewed as a responsible and safe person that society is better off to be around.

And I definitely agree that a legal team needs to be assembled to take the fight to them on their turf. The LOCAL group has stated that this is one of our goals.

Damm, what kind of medicine do you take? Did you forget to take it today?

For the last few days you have not had 1 good thing to say about MEM, now today you want him to be your leader. Them other LOCO boys are gonna think you're LOCO

LA Confederate

imported post

Mark, you're right. Things are FUBARed right now. But something has to give and the way things have been done, waiting on others to do it for you and all that just isn't going to work.

That is why some of us started a group dedicated to OC in Louisiana.

As far as law enforcement....that's another goal of LOCAL. To educate not only the public masses but law enforcement as well. It's a lofty goal but I think we will get there provided there are people willing to try. Me personally, I am also going to work within the system once I get accepted into and join the local Sheriff's Office Reserves.

LA Confederate

imported post

#1 chicken farmer wrote:
Damm, what kind of medicine do you take? Did you forget to take it today?

For the last few days you have not had 1 good thing to say about MEM, now today you want him to be your leader. Them other LOCO boys are gonna think you're LOCO

I have always said that I believe Mark's heart is in the right place and I also believe Mark would be a great asset to the movement IF he would alter his methodology to be less antagonistic to the more moderate people in society. I don't like it, but that's how you get the numbers. Unlike you, Mark actually does things to promote gun rights. I mean other than coming to this site to troll.

I have little use for you and the other lackeys on here who have no apparent motivation to be a positive part of this effort other than riding Mark's coat tails and being a yes man to him.

And I highly doubt you will show up to the LOCAL meeting Wednesday night to talk smack to us in person. Coward.

imported post

Law enforcement will be "educated" when the CRIMINAL laws are finally enforced against them. Let one or two of 'em do some time in the very jail they are so fond of putting me in, then and ONLY then will things change.

Why would anyone want to be a part of the sheriff's reserve? If you truly want to "help" someone, offer to stand guard outside their home at night, accompany them to make bank deposits, etc.

LA Confederate

imported post

Work within the system to effect change.

Discounts on things such as firearms, ammo, lunch, etc.

The possibility to be "in the know" of major events before the general public.

Brotherhood, camaraderie, etc.

An added level of protection for my family.

Training on various subjects that I would like to know more about.

And the biggest reason - to be an official part of community defense and security. In my previous associations of volunteer defense groups, well lets just say you don't even get the time of day when you volunteer to help.

imported post

How ironic !!
While others want to dismantle the good ole boy network, you're wanting to add to their numbers. EXACTLY what is wrong with this once-great Republic today.

While it's been said for centuries, "all men are created equal," some men want to be more equal than others. The founders warned against this concept, some habberdash about titles of nobility and such.

Brotherhood? Become active in a church group, whether it's missions or a food bank, there are PLENTY of opportunities with a MUCH better group of folk.

How does membership in the sheriff's reserve elevate your family to a higher level of protection? Are you admitting "they" look after their "own?"

LA Confederate

imported post

You're damned right they do, just like every other group or organization I've ever been a part of has been. To claim that is not the case is laughable. Hell even the local church looks after their own which is their right and duty. When I was involved in the various Patriot groups we looked after our own as well. My friends, and those who I have decided I will fight for and along side, elicit much more loyalty than some crack head welfare leech or an antagonistic neighbor down the street.

I've been active in many church groups and missions over the years. Unfortunately, it seems like they're often the worst of the bunch with the massive amount of hypocrisy. That being said one of my closest friends is a church pastor and his church is the only one I've ever been to that I felt welcome and encouraged by being a member there.

Mark, when are you going to realize that not everyone that wears a badge is a crooked xxxxx out to get you? Do you not know that there are LEOs who are on our side here? Or do you just need an enemy to fight against and they're the most readily visible to you? If you need an enemy to despise local law enforcement ain't even close.

LA Confederate

imported post

#1 chicken farmer wrote:
LA Confederate wrote:
Work within the system to effect change.

Discounts on things such as firearms, ammo, lunch, etc.

The possibility to be "in the know" of major events before the general public.

Brotherhood, camaraderie, etc.

An added level of protection for my family.

Training on various subjects that I would like to know more about.

And the biggest reason - to be an official part of community defense and security. In my previous associations of volunteer defense groups, well lets just say you don't even get the time of day when you volunteer to help.
- Deleted -

BOOM! Right there. You just admitted that you're not a new member but someone who has been here long enough to know NOLACOP's name and what he's about. So what did you go by before?

LA Confederate

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
If you truly believe your own last sentence, there's nothing I can nor will attempt to do to correct your misconceptions.

Mark, are you really that blinded by your hate? You really think your biggest enemy is the local deputy sheriff? Honestly?

Here's a hint at whom your venom should be aimed at. They usually go by their department's initials, their main office is in DC, and they could give a poop less about the Constitution. Their disdain for liberty was best exemplified by Ruby Ridge, Waco, and the plethora of other assaults on innocent American's.

Christ Mark I thought you were smarter than that and could see the bigger picture.

imported post

First things first: there is no hate on this end, I'll leave that to others.
Blinded? Naw, not hardly.
I don't think anyone on the LA board has ever mentioned being violated by a member of the alphabet soup group. Can you think of one?

LA Confederate

imported post

In LA. Nope, no one personally. Elsewhere. Yep. Many of them. I see them as the biggest threat to liberty and freedom there is when looking at the bigger picture.

In your case I can understand your disdain for local law enforcement. If I was in your shoes I would probably feel the same.

Oh and the other reason for the reserves that I failed to mention. Being able to be an official member of Oath Keepers. I like their message and what they stand for.

imported post

Oath keepers, LOL.
These are the VERY people who should shoulder the blame for allowing things to have deteriorated to this extent. More like Oath Ignorers. After all, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM swore an oath to uphold and defend both their state and federal contracts(constitutions).

LA Confederate

imported post

You're right Mark. They are guilty. But guess what. The rest of us are just as guilty as they are. None of us has done jack squat to stop the flow until now. They are doing what they can and stating their position openly. They're also networking with others so that they're not mowed down individually. They may be late getting to the party, but at least they showed up and are trying to do something. Since they are taking a stand I will stand with them because they are at least trying and not sitting by in their living room or at the local range or at the bar-b-q bitching and moaning about what all is wrong.