• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC and Police issues

LA Confederate

imported post

Until we're truly free and the tyrants are in jail or in the dirt, none of us can say that we have exhausted every means available to remedy the situation. We all have blood on our hands to one degree or another.

OK Mark. Since you're adamant about an armed march, give me a op plan. Tell me what you think should be done, when, where the whole 9 yards. If you can come up with a thought out plan for the event that has a defined timeline, agenda, purpose, logistics, etc. I just might agree to stand with you on this one.

So pretty please with sugar on top, be a leader and come up with a plan that others can get on board with. Just as long as we can go to Shoney's after we get done to celebrate. :p

imported post

Simple: Jefferson Parish, some high visibility area, outside any possible school trouble zones.
Time: high noon, lots of sheeple let out to graze, give 'em an opportunity to see truly free men.
Agenda? Purpose? LOL, "to be seen."
Someone from JP should be able to offer some exact locations, as I, personally, am not at all familiar with the terrain.

LA Confederate

imported post

Proposed day (week day or weekend)?

Activity involved? Will we be a bunch of guys standing around pulling our puds, set up a table with information on OC, hand out flyers such as this one: http://www.laopencarry.org/download/file.php?id=6
http://www.laopencarry.org/download/file.php?id=7

Time frame at location? Will we be there for an hour, 3 hours, 3 days?

Proposed type of location? I know you said public but that can mean a street corner, the local park, the fire station on the corner, etc. I know you're not familiar with the area (nor am I) but I think it would be helpful to identify a potential area type.

Any required gear or attire? Do we want to wear shorts and flip flops, or should we dress it up some whether that's jeans and a collared shirt?

Rally point after the event (type or a specific location)?

DannyAbear

imported post

Why don't YOU ask NOLACOP to set up a meeting with Steven Segall on a saturday at a place of his choosing.

That would give the bayou pooters boys something to talk about, since thats all they do anyway.

imported post

weekday or weekend really depends on the exact location.
Standing around, while perfectly lawful in my mind, may run afoul of some local ordinance. While it more than likely would be tossed out of court later,
fixing that ordinance is not the priority so it's best to literally keep moving down some highly visible street, back up the other side.
Depending on the area, it could take an hour, two hours, don't know yet.
To lessen the impact, somewhat, camo clothing would be the only thing I, personally, would choose not to wear.
Rally point should be the same as the staging area.

barf

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
No, not everyone is guilty, especially not me.

Also, I'm the (only) one trying to organize an ARMED march.

We can eat AFTER the armed march is history.
Go ahead and do your "armed march". Be sure to post the details here.

suntzu

imported post

barf wrote:

Gun rights are the new civil rights movement of our time--"they"--meaning the government, and their agents--we know them as the "police"--are doing everything they can to suppress gun rights and are doing everything they can to intimidate gun owners and to make them look like thugs and terrorists---Gun owners are NOT the enemy, and they need collectively to do everything they can to support the right to bear arms and to get the word out that we are not criminals or thugs, and that gun owners will absolutely refuse to stand by while our rights are trampled on.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

suntzu wrote:
barf wrote:

Gun rights are the new civil rights movement of our time--"they"--meaning the government, and their agents--we know them as the "police"--are doing everything they can to suppress gun rights and are doing everything they can to intimidate gun owners and to make them look like thugs and terrorists---Gun owners are NOT the enemy, and they need collectively to do everything they can to support the right to bear arms and to get the word out that we are not criminals or thugs, and that gun owners will absolutely refuse to stand by while our rights are trampled on.
Is it really the police or is it the legislators and others higher up on the food chain?

barf

imported post

suntzu wrote:
barf wrote:

Nice speech - I'm sure most here wouldn't argue your points. Especially here in Louisiana where Open Carry is legal, and where someone once said in this very thread...

"Unlike some states, we don't need no stinkin' permits to OC."

"There is no need to schmooze some state legislator to enact such legislation."

"The ONLY area I see a need for improvement is a highly qualified/motivated gun attorney to carry the fight to them in civil court."

What does an armed march accomplish? Someone once said in this very thread...

"Just go about your business, OC'ing everywhere you go..."

Hmmm... might someone that advocates anarchy as well as the dissolving of the police & military have another agenda? Kinda makes one wonder, huh?

Paul E. Blouin

imported post

There was a planet far, far away, where everyone born had blue eyes. One day, one was bornwith brown eyes among the millionswithblue eyes only. They said; let us quickly dispose of this one with these strange brown eyes for he does not have eyes like us, because you see "everyone has blue eyes". We cannot allowanything to change that! Who knows what these brown eyed people “may do” if they are allowed to prosper.

(Barf)My point is you seem to already know what Mark “may do”, regarding his ultimate real reasons for wanting to further the OC movement.

I think everyone has felt like they have had "blue eyes" or "brown eyes" before in their life regarding what we may believe or not believe.

It seems like there are some fundamental differences between many on this board as to what they think they “may do” if this movement is successful, and to what end it will bring us to. It seems those differences are being fleshed out in conversation time after time lately, and they have become a real bone of contention.

Is this too great of a difference to work out for the good of the OC movement? And if it is, the proprietor of this website would need to step in and “lay down” the law as what methods espoused are and are not acceptable to this website to further the OC movement.

Can you imagine what our fore-fathers had to work out regarding their fundamental differences to form our great constitution? And each signed their signature to it! Wow! Some did not make it through the discussions and parted ways, for better or for worse.

Oh and by the way, what is that picture you have? I can’t figure out what I’m looking at? Kind of freaky looking.........freaks me out!!! :p

Carry on my good man.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Paul E. Blouin wrote:
There was a planet far, far away, where everyone born had blue eyes. One day, one was bornwith brown eyes among the millionswithblue eyes only. They said; let us quickly dispose of this one with these strange brown eyes for he does not have eyes like us, because you see "everyone has blue eyes". We cannot allowanything to change that! Who knows what these brown eyed people “may do” if they are allowed to prosper.

(Barf)My point is you seem to already know what Mark “may do”, regarding his ultimate real reasons for wanting to further the OC movement.

I think everyone has felt like they have had "blue eyes" or "brown eyes" before in their life regarding what we may believe or not believe.

It seems like there are some fundamental differences between many on this board as to what they think they “may do” if this movement is successful, and to what end it will bring us to. It seems those differences are being fleshed out in conversation time after time lately, and they have become a real bone of contention.

Is this too great of a difference to work out for the good of the OC movement? And if it is, the proprietor of this website would need to step in and “lay down” the law as what methods espoused are and are not acceptable to this website to further the OC movement.

Can you imagine what our fore-fathers had to work out regarding their fundamental differences to form our great constitution? And each signed their signature to it! Wow! Some did not make it through the discussions and parted ways, for better or for worse.

Oh and by the way, what is that picture you have? I can’t figure out what I’m looking at? Kind of freaky looking.........freaks me out!!! :p

Carry on my good man.
Might agree more if this were not directed to an individual.

There are both written and unwritten rules here, including the directive that we conduct ourselves in accordance with the rules & regs.

The moderators would seem to be much in evidence, but chose normally to do so moderately. BTW - this forum may be public but its content and style are not open to debate or personal selection.

Blue eyes or brown eyes are only good if you use them to see where you are going.

Individually, I still consider cloven hooves to be in question, so I guess you just have to deal with that. :)

Yata hey

Paul E. Blouin

imported post

as you might have guessed already...........not really meant for barf alone. really not wanting anyone to agree or disgree, just to be considered.....and it seems that is just what you havealready done.

I like his picture....I just can't figure out what I'm looking at!!!

Precisely My Dear Watson!

suntzu

imported post

barf wrote:
suntzu wrote:
barf wrote:

Nice speech - I'm sure most here wouldn't argue your points. Especially here in Louisiana where Open Carry is legal, and where someone once said in this very thread...

"Unlike some states, we don't need no stinkin' permits to OC."

"There is no need to schmooze some state legislator to enact such legislation."

"The ONLY area I see a need for improvement is a highly qualified/motivated gun attorney to carry the fight to them in civil court."

What does an armed march accomplish? Someone once said in this very thread...

"Just go about your business, OC'ing everywhere you go..."

Hmmm... might someone that advocates anarchy as well as the dissolving of the police & military have another agenda? Kinda makes one wonder, huh?
What does an armed march accomplish? It lets the police know that the people are here, will stay here, and that they simply won't put up with the abuse any more. Tyranny can only prevail when the people permit it so. That is why there should be criminal civil rights complaints made to the FBI every time our rights are trampled on by the police---eventually when they get enough complaints, they'll investigate just to get them to stop.

As for advocating anarchy and the dissolution of the police--I am a believer in that the police are necessary only to a point, but by and large they vastly overstep their authority and abuse the people under the color of law, and do so on a regular basis--they have made it impossible to trust them.

The thing about anarchy--while I disagree with the concept for a number of reasons--in an anarchy society everyone knows exactly where they stand at all times.

LA Confederate

imported post

Mark I have said before that I'm not opposed to some sort of organized event and your march. Personally I think that the event can have positive effects if done well. So far what you posted before looked pretty good but I do have some suggestions if you're interested in hearing them.

As far as anarchy...well there's a middle ground. No one wants full on anarchy and at the same time we don't need a police state either. The republican principles this country was founded upon, specifically limited government intrusion into our lives, is a prime example of a great balance of freedom and force.

barf

imported post

Suntzu,
NOW you've gone and done it....................................

Attack of the small minds commences in 3, 2 1......................
That's right, Mark. Keep avoiding the issues.