• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conversation with LEO in Concord last night on UOC

iownagn-gs

imported post

I suppose I am trying to understand if this is a way to get around the "law" of UOC in Ca. Politicians make it so dang difficult, OC loaded, CCW loaded, should be legal for all states! Basic concept of 2nd ammendment.:banghead:

mjones

imported post

CCW is all spelled out in PC 12050. ANY 12050 license provides exemption for CCW (12025) for Public Buildings (171b) and for GFSZ (626.9)

There are essentially 4 possible CCWs for an everyday non-LEO citizen.

1) Resident of Issuing Agency jurisdiction for Concealed Carry. This is good State Wide for a duration no longer then 2 years.

2) Resident of Issuing Agency jurisdiction forExposed Carry. This can only be issued in a county of less then 200,000 population and is ONLY good in that county for a duration no longer then 2 years.

3) Non-Resident of Issuing Agency jurisdiction for Concealed Carry. This is ONLY good in that county for a duration no longer then 90 days. Additionally your home jurisdiction will be notified.

4) Non-Resident of Issuing Agency jurisdiction forExposed Carry. This can only be issued in a county of less tehn 200,000 population andis ONLY good in that county for a duration no longer then 90 days. Additionally your home jurisdiction will be notified.

Anytime you move out side the county of issuance; your license expires in 90 days. You need to now apply within a new jurisdiction. You cannot be denied simply because you moved.

Although Licenses 2 through 4 exist - They seem to be an urban legend in that noone seems to know of anyone that has ever been issued one.

edit: a license to carry exposed is NOT an exemption to Conceal Carry 12025

iownagn-gs

imported post

Thanks for the info. To sum it up simply, in CA, the average individual has NO rights!

CA is a beautiful state, but I'll stick to cloudy, rainy PA. where I can legally carry any way I desire.:)