• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Notice to San Diego Residents

Edward Peruta

imported post

Thanks for the comment, I agree that the clip can be edited for any County in California or for that matter anywhere in the Country.

When Completed, it can be rendered to a DVD and anyone can submit it to their local Cable Company to be played on their local Public Access Channel.

I have extensive experience and results from similar type clips on various issues.

I usea program call STUDIO to create the files.

You cannot use copyrighted material such as video clips, photographs and audio, but the possibilities are endless.

If you would like email me with a contact phone numberme and I'll explain more.

edperuta@amcable.tv

Ironbar

imported post

Ed,

Given our past discourse on our other thread, I anticipate that will immediately take this the wrong way, but I'm going to risk it anyway. Nobody will watch that clip.

Quite frankly, it's boring. People have the attention span of a gnat. They might catch the first 30 seconds or so, but if your message isn't transmitted and received in that much time or less, you've failed. That's why TV commercials don't last more than 30 seconds.

Edward Peruta

imported post

Ironbar,

The one thing I enjoy in life more than anything else is doing things that everybody thinks impossible.

I'm not going to provide a list of times a clip like this has changed the minds of public officials and cable TV viewers, and agree that the current clip needs some work, but you can take it to the bank that a primitive video clip like this can have a very big impact on local issues.

Keep in mind that there is NO editorial control or censorship on Public Access Producers or the content of their productions. With very few exceptions, it's open season on public officials.

We'll see what happens in the future.

I may post a clip to show you what I mean in the future.

Ironbar

imported post

Now THAT picture I like!

Ed, I didn't say it was impossible to reach people with a clip like that, I'm just speaking from a graphic design background when I say that in conveying a message to an audience, you have to do it fast or they lose interest. It's a shame that people are like that (in general), but it's a fact of modern life I guess.

What would hold my interest more is live person, preferably a charismatic one, who speaks to the intended audience about the subject at hand, and then parses the monologue with on-screen bullet points and such. Make it short, make it have impact, and I think the message will be better conveyed.

Just my $0.02.

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
imported post

I thought you might like to read about Sheriff Mack. He explains the proper role of Sheriff as the last line of defense against tyranny and the federal Govt. Most Sheriffs do not know their proper duty and the power they actually have. A sheriff can even kick the feds out of his county for violating anyones RIGHTSthat are protected by the Constitution, even the Pres of the united States cannot violate any citizens RIGHTS in the County and the Sheriff has the power to kick him out if he tries to!

See: http://www.SheriffMack.com very empowering stuff on how we can restore LIBERTY & FREEDOM at the local level from the bottom upand restore our right to bear arms. Remember even if the second Amendment didn't exist we already have the un-alienable RIGHT to self protect, carry a gun and that RIGHT predates any government or constitution! So make your Sheriff or potential Sheriff aware of his full duty and power he really has. If your Sheriff will not do his duty, oust him and get another or run for Sheriff yourself!!!

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

NewZealandAmerican wrote:
I thought you might like to read about Sheriff Mack. He explains the proper role of Sheriff as the last line of defense against tyranny and the federal Govt. Most Sheriffs do not know their proper duty and the power they actually have. A sheriff can even kick the feds out of his county for violating anyones RIGHTS that are protected by the Constitution, even the Pres of the united States cannot violate any citizens RIGHTS in the County and the Sheriff has the power to kick him out if he tries to!

See: http://www.SheriffMack.com very empowering stuff on how we can restore LIBERTY & FREEDOM at the local level from the bottom up and restore our right to bear arms. Remember even if the second Amendment didn't exist we already have the un-alienable RIGHT to self protect, carry a gun and that RIGHT predates any government or constitution! So make your Sheriff or potential Sheriff aware of his full duty and power he really has. If your Sheriff will not do his duty, oust him and get another or run for Sheriff yourself!!!

Yes, this is perhaps true in most cases across the United States. Of course, the Sheriff's powers are defined by the States. Thankfully the 10th amendment was used intelligently in how non-state sworn LEA's (such as in the case of my state, North Carolina) can operate. In North Carolina, NO Federal LEA has arrest authority. They can act to stop certain crimes such as where life in is danger but they can not conduct arrests under the umbrella of their organization. That is enforceable by Sheriff's, Police Officers, and other LEA's that have been granted that authority in the state. It is known that the President is not above the law. Sure, he/she has certain powers but if the President comes to town, pulls a gun and shoots someone that President is subject to arrest, investigation, and prosecution. Chances of that happening are nil.