Thread: Woman holds man at gun point for trespassing

Post imported post

http://www.redding.com/news/2009/dec...t-trespassing/

Woman holds man at gun point for trespassing

By Record Searchlight staff

Originally published 09:34 a.m., December 27, 2009
    Updated 02:12 p.m., December 27, 2009

HAPPY VALLEY -- A woman who discovered a man attempting to dismantle the hinges to the gate at the end of her driveway this morning and held him at gun point until Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrived.

Authorities arrested the man, Woodrow Pardue III, 51, on suspicion of probation violation and marijuana possession, said Steve Grashoff, a Shasta County Sheriff's deputy and SHASCOM watch commander.

Pardue had been hospitalized Thursday evening for a psychiatric evaluation and released, Grashoff said.

Grashoff did not have the woman's identity, but said she was older and living alone at her Dorvel Lane home after her husband had passed away. She held Pardue with a .22-caliber handgun for 10 minutes, he said.

Pardue had shown up in his pickup Thursday or Friday and had spun out in the woman's circular driveway, Grashoff said.

She did not call the sheriff at that time, but decided to act this morning when Pardue appeared a second time and began tampering with her property, he said.

Other neighbors reported Pardue had appeared in the area.

"They said the last couple days he was coming up talking about weird stuff," Grashoff said.

Pardue had told deputies he was protecting the woman's property, since her husband had died.

Pardue was booked into Shasta County Jail.

Yes, it is small town news and the SO is a small department. But, it is relevant for two reasons: 1) the SO is experiencing cuts deep enough to affect service and 2) California is reputed to treat gun owners badly, even in self defense circumstances.

New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

Wow, I lived in Happy Valley before I moved back to Oregon. This occured blocks from where I was. Part of the reason I moved out of Cali was due to the restrictive regulations. I have to admit, when living there I was ignorant of the exact nature of the law on carrying in the state. This was before I joined OC and became more aware.

Rev. Jim

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Good for her. Since he had violated her property a second time, she was definitely with in her right to confront him with a firearm. I am guessing she called police after she confronted him (and not a neighbor or passerby that saw what was going on). The SO took 10 minutes to get there. Remind you of another recent situation in Oklahoma?

Good job older woman, good job.