Thread: Utah government Universities short on money

State Researcher

Post imported post

KSL has an article this evening about Utah's higher education system getting ready to fight to avoid budget cuts during the now quickly approaching legislative session.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9153844

While not all of the public universities/colleges have been openly hostile to RKBA in the way the University of Utah has, I think it would be a fine thing to take this chance to send a message to the ivory tower elites about who is really in charge. With recent reports about the UoU trying to intimidate law-abiding citizens into not exercising their legal ability to OC (with a valid permit) on campus, I'd encourage everyone to take a moment to contact your State legislators and let them know that so long as the University of Utah has one red cent to spend on harassing law abiding gun owners OR to push any kind of anti-RKBA agenda at the legislature, then they clearly have money to burn and the legislature should not feel bad if budget cuts are needed there.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Post imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
    KSL has an article this evening about Utah's higher education system getting ready to fight to avoid budget cuts during the now quickly approaching legislative session.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9153844

While not all of the public universities/colleges have been openly hostile to RKBA in the way the University of Utah has, I think it would be a fine thing to take this chance to send a message to the ivory tower elites about who is really in charge. With recent reports about the UoU trying to intimidate law-abiding citizens into not exercising their legal ability to OC (with a valid permit) on campus, I'd encourage everyone to take a moment to contact your State legislators and let them know that so long as the University of Utah has one red cent to spend on harassing law abiding gun owners OR to push any kind of anti-RKBA agenda at the legislature, then they clearly have money to burn and the legislature should not feel bad if budget cuts are needed there.

Charles
    I like the way you think Charles.

Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Centurion

Post imported post

Me too, Me too....

In fact, I would suggest modifying the appropriations process so that 100% of all monies spend in to effort to violate anyone's legal RKBA by the U of U be subtracted by the legislature during the next legislative cycle! And if U of U elects to sue the State over it that U of U pays their own attorney fees AND THOSE OF THE STATES IN DEFENDING THE ACTIONS OF THE LEGISLATURE and then the appropriation by reduced the same amount!

I hope that made sense!~

RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Post imported post

It makes sense with a push from the legislature withholding funds until the UofU complies with the RTKBA.

In fact I am contacting my elected officials as we speak.
    Zach
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"