• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah government Universities short on money

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

KSL has an article this evening about Utah's higher education system getting ready to fight to avoid budget cuts during the now quickly approaching legislative session.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9153844

While not all of the public universities/colleges have been openly hostile to RKBA in the way the University of Utah has, I think it would be a fine thing to take this chance to send a message to the ivory tower elites about who is really in charge. With recent reports about the UoU trying to intimidate law-abiding citizens into not exercising their legal ability to OC (with a valid permit) on campus, I'd encourage everyone to take a moment to contact your State legislators and let them know that so long as the University of Utah has one red cent to spend on harassing law abiding gun owners OR to push any kind of anti-RKBA agenda at the legislature, then they clearly have money to burn and the legislature should not feel bad if budget cuts are needed there.

Charles

LovesHisXD45

imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
KSL has an article this evening about Utah's higher education system getting ready to fight to avoid budget cuts during the now quickly approaching legislative session.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9153844

While not all of the public universities/colleges have been openly hostile to RKBA in the way the University of Utah has, I think it would be a fine thing to take this chance to send a message to the ivory tower elites about who is really in charge. With recent reports about the UoU trying to intimidate law-abiding citizens into not exercising their legal ability to OC (with a valid permit) on campus, I'd encourage everyone to take a moment to contact your State legislators and let them know that so long as the University of Utah has one red cent to spend on harassing law abiding gun owners OR to push any kind of anti-RKBA agenda at the legislature, then they clearly have money to burn and the legislature should not feel bad if budget cuts are needed there.

Charles
I like the way you think Charles. :)

Kevin

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Me too, Me too....

In fact, I would suggest modifying the appropriations process so that 100% of all monies spend in to effort to violate anyone's legal RKBA by the U of U be subtracted by the legislature during the next legislative cycle! And if U of U elects to sue the State over it that U of U pays their own attorney fees AND THOSE OF THE STATES IN DEFENDING THE ACTIONS OF THE LEGISLATURE and then the appropriation by reduced the same amount!

I hope that made sense!~

Utah_Patriot

imported post

It makes sense with a push from the legislature withholding funds until the UofU complies with the RTKBA.

In fact I am contacting my elected officials as we speak.