• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anywhere to shoot?

kimberfella616

imported post

Like I (originally) said (and I am not flaming, just saying) the land is NOT posted. Also, if the sign is a half mile (2640 feet) back you can shoot well before that gate. As a matter of fact, if the sign is a halfmile back, there is a good chance that that 'post' is on a neighboring property line.

Also, according to the ISC 66-103, that you quoted, they should have a prominent sign next to that gate.

...such property is posted sufficiently for all purposes of this subsection if said signs, paint areas or notices are posted at such points of access

So, with the fact that the sign is 1980 feet short of 'posting' the gate and not posted next to said gate, the land is NOT posted and is therefore OK to shoot.

kimberfella616

imported post

thefirststrike wrote:
So it was!! I feel like an idiot :)

So then isn't it about time for another one? Preferably on a weekend night so I can attend too, since I work weekday evenings.

So how about it ya'll?

Dave

Ah, there's no reason to feel silly, it happens to the best of us. I have to remind myself sometimes that these are extent threads. Hopefully, the Wife and I can make it to the next meeting with you.

thefirststrike

imported post

Louie86 wrote:
Idahoguy84,

If you hit FS Road 3347 out past deary to the east between Helmer and Boville there is an absolutely great place to shoot, I talk about it in my previous post(I did mislabel the rd 377 instead of 3347 the lat and long are still good). But it is also 50 minuets away compared to the 20 or so to get to spring valley. You guys already talked about the legal stuff so I will leave it at that.

Another OC dinner sounds great I also vote for a weekend night this time.

How does saturday the 15th sound for everyone? Say around 6. Location TBD.

I would be up for it. (Sorry I didn't answer sooner). Any more interest from anyone else? I know kimberfella was interested.

Dave

thefirststrike

imported post

Louie86 wrote:
Dave,

I didn't hear back from anyone so I made other plans. I would still be interested if we moved it to sunday. Let me know.

Guess we'll have to do it another time. I have to move on Sunday. I already have the labor and the vehicles lined out and it has to get done.

We'll just have to give everyone a little more heads up and plan ahead next time.