• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 21 SF owners what do you carry yours in?

Bustelo5%

imported post

Im trying to come up with ideas and there is a major shortage of holsters that are not for duty use and I need an off duty holster.
So what do you carry yours in?

TechnoWeenie

imported post

galco leather 3 slot for 'social' occasions...

Uncle mikes nylon IWB for when I need to be discrete...

Serpa for when I'm out/about doin' my usual stuff....

Michigander

imported post

They fit all kinds of holsters. Serpa's, Galco's, Uncle Mike's, Safariland's, and a lot of generic one size fits many nylon holsters. Plus I'm sure many great options I'm just not familiar with.

It is a common gun with a lot of options. If you can't find anything you like locally, use the web.

Bustelo5%

imported post

Can you guys post some pics of how your 21s look on ur person. I am doing my best to not buy something that is going to make me look like a noob.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:
Can you guys post some pics of how your 21s look on ur person. I am doing my best to not buy something that is going to make me look like a noob.

Doesn't matter what it looks like.

Just make sure..

A. You have a good, solid belt.

B. Your pistol is retained well and you know retention techniques.

C. You practice using the holster/clothing you'll normally be wearing.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Bustelo5% wrote:

Im trying to come up with ideas and there is a major shortage of holsters that are not for duty use and I need an off duty holster.
So what do you carry yours in?

If you have the Glock Rail, there's a large selection of holsters available. It you have the Pic Rail (1913 Rail), the selection is limited. This is the Blade Tech, Level II, I have for my G21SF with the 1913 Rail:

d_294.jpg

http://www.blade-tech.com/Belt-Holster-Tech-Gear-Level-II-w-SR-Loop-pr-1028.html

Bustelo5%

imported post

I am for sure thinking of getting a G&G three slot pancake since I can buy it from Galls with all my other security supplies.
I want my G21 to look really professional when in a suit or even in jeans.
I decided the other day getting the belt slide attachment for my black hawk is gonna be a pain in the ass to have to unscrew all the time after work.

230therapy

imported post

DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard (pancake OWB)

Kydex appendix carry holster (CCW IWB, no retention)

Blade-Tech (CCW IWB)

Check out the Safariland 6377 and 6378 for OWB / open carry. It offers a more natural draw than the SERPA since your thumb deactivates the retention device while achieving the grip.

The Glock 21 is a huge pistol. The problem is that it is so tall. Forward cant will alleviate some of the printing (at least 15 degrees). However, you will need to wear slightly larger shirts.

Always carry at least one reload. Another trick is to use single magazine holders. They are less blocky. Glock 21 magazines are huge too, so anything that breaks up their outline helps.