• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Breakfast Jan 9th 10am

PikesPeakMtnMan

imported post

The LEO "encounter" was practically a non-event....he was off-duty (I'm assuming, no uniform, out with his family) and asked if we were law enforcement. We told him no we were not and he flashed his badge and told us to cover up because people will freak out. Weaponize talked with him very briefly (I don't know what was said) and he went off to enjoy his breakfast and a few minutes later we went off to enjoy ours.

No one freaked out and Village Inn management didn't seem to care. Almost all of us were OCing but nothing was said by anybody about our guns....exactly the same if we had all been CCing. In fact, in the little "waiting area" by the hostess stand several families with kids came and went while we were waiting for our table and everything was normal.

cscitney87

imported post

"he flashed his badge and told us to cover up because people will freak out."

What a tool.

Tyranny? Or did he "ask" you all to cover up?

For that same reason you can't ask a burn victim to "Cover up your face, people will freak out. "

entartet17

imported post

He wasn't just asking, he was telling us (weaponize in particular) to cover up. Of course we didn't comply and he went about his business. It was like he expected us to do whatever he said simply because he was cop.

desettle

imported post

As stated, the LEO (not in uniform) TOLD the OC'ers "you have to cover your guns..".

I thought it would have been great if someone who was OC'ing but did not have a CCW permit was to ask the officer if he was telling them that they have to break the law because covering a OC handgun is considered concealed and would force that person to commit a crime of concealing thier gun with out a permit.

Oh well, deffinitly looking forward to the next OC gathering.

-desettle

mahkagari

imported post

Anubis wrote:
(humorous aside: my browser has a gadget that translates a word or phrase into Spanish when the cursor is placed on it.)
Oooh! I want!

Diocoles

imported post

Sorry I missed that one.

Just too freaking busy working.

Not checking in here enough.

Looking forward to the Feb 13 gathering.

:celebrate

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
For that same reason you can't ask a burn victim to "Cover up your face, people will freak out. "
Precisely. Also covered in this includes the revelation of one's sex, the color of one's skin...

Pretty much any lawful activity by law-abiding citizens is prohibited from such discrimination at the federal level. In CA they can do (e) checks, but if you're otherwise in compliance with the law, that's about it.

If LEO's violate this, they're opening themselves to legal repercussion.