• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Breakfast Jan 9th 10am

Suburban78

imported post

This breakfast was started by desettle and will be at the Village Inn at C-470 and Broadway at 10AM Jan 9th. Please PM desettle or Suburban78 if you will be coming. Hope to see you there.

Thank you
Suburban78

CaveMan

imported post

Hello all. Been lurking for a long time. Finally decided to say hi.

So will anyone be bringing there kids? I would like to come but need to talk me wife into it.

cscitney87

imported post

weaponize wrote:
Hello all. Been lurking for a long time. Finally decided to say hi.

So will anyone be bringing there kids? I would like to come but need to talk me wife into it.
Hello Weaponize. I don't have kids but your wife may feel better knowing other women will be there, armed.

CaveMan

imported post

That is a comforting thought.Wish my wife would OC. She is interesed in her CCW but I can't get her to actually sign up for a class.

The real reason I got to check with the wife is she is pregnant and well, very lazy these days. So I just got to convince here to get up off the couch. lol Maybe my daughter and I will come but hate to leave the wife by herself.

mahkagari

imported post

weaponize wrote:
The real reason I got to check with the wife is she is pregnant and well, very lazy these days.
I'm sure you mean "tired from making kid lungs and kidneys from scratch all dayand not much energy for much else", right? At least that's what I've always been told. ;)

CaveMan

imported post

That is exactly what I meant mahkagari.

Looks like we will try and make it as long as the wife is feeling well. So how many are planning on being there?

desettle

imported post

It looks like, so far possibly 6 to 7 for now. (desettle and wife, Suburban78, weaponize and daughter (maybe wife too)). But PikesPeakMtnMan said he and his g/f will try to be there, entartet17 said he was in, ColoradoFlyer flyer said he could unless he was caled out to fly, and bomber stated that he will try to make it once in a while. So all in all it could be from 5 to 13. Not sure how many exactly to let the Village Inn know how many. (See thread http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum13/35731.html )
LOL

I guess we will start with the 5-7 we know of and go from there.

Thanks and I'll see you all there at 10:00am 1/9 (Saturday) at the Village Inn on C470 and Braodway.

Looking forward to it.

desettle

desettle

imported post

Thanks to those who made it to the OC gathering at Village Inn today (1/9/08). It was really great to see the faces to the names and get some really good information about OC. I even had a chance to see one of the members (Weaponize) talk to a LEO who thought those OCing had to cover thier guns because people get uneasy about seeing them. I think his response was great, "We have the right to be able to open carry", for which the LEO simply scourered and walked on. I know I had mine covered, but can assure you that it will not be that way on the next meeting. I really enjoyed it.

I meant to take a picture but was so wrapped up in the conversations that I forgot about it. I will try to remember next time and will post it in the forum.

And thanks to Suburban78 for his help in organizing this meeting.

I look forward to our next meeting in about a month and hope all can be there.

Thanks,
desettle

desettle

imported post

Well out of the 9 there, 2 CC'd (myself and my wife) and 5 OC'd. :D 2 from Colorado Springs (both OC'd), 1 from Connifer (OC'd), 1 from Aurora (OC'd), 3 from Parker (1 OC'd), and 2 (myself and wife) from Highlands Ranch (both CC'd). It was great!

-desettle

CaveMan

imported post

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who showed up. My wife and I had a good time. Would have posed earlier but the website has not been working for a few days.

Count me in for the next one. I also wanted to give a special thank to the couple from the springs. They drove a long way and that shows commitment. Hope to see everyone at the next one and hopefully a few new faces will come. Hopefully this timewe won't have another a-hole cop there that doesn't now the law. lol Thanks again for setting this up desettle.

Anubis

imported post

Good work on setting up and executing this meeting!

desettle wrote:
...I even had a chance to see one of the members (Weaponize) talk to a LEO who thought those OCing had to cover thier guns because people get uneasy about seeing them.
So there was a minor interaction with a LEO. Since this is in Highlands Ranch which does not have a city police department, I speculate that the LEO was a Douglas County Sheriff's Deputy.

I would be interested to know if there was any kind of reaction on the part of the Village Inn management and staff to the openly carried pistols.

(humorous aside: my browser has a gadget that translates a word or phrase into Spanish when the cursor is placed on it. It translated LEO as "una orbita terrestre baja", or as NASA would say "low earth orbit". :) )

repojoker

imported post

Man if I would have seen this sooner I definitly would have showed up, probably along with my whole family. Count me/us infor the next one as I would love to attend.

cscitney87

imported post

Anubis wrote:
Good work on setting up and executing this meeting!

desettle wrote:
...I even had a chance to see one of the members (Weaponize) talk to a LEO who thought those OCing had to cover thier guns because people get uneasy about seeing them.
So there was a minor interaction with a LEO. Since this is in Highlands Ranch which does not have a city police department, I speculate that the LEO was a Douglas County Sheriff's Deputy.

I would be interested to know if there was any kind of reaction on the part of the Village Inn management and staff to the openly carried pistols.
I'd like to know more about the interaction as well. Details details

entartet17

imported post

Anubis wrote:
As far as I could tell, the Village Inn staff/management didn't mind us at all. They were very friendly and we got excellent service.