• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo in Colonial Heights...

Dreamer

imported post

I stopped at the WalMart at the big Southpark Plaza (Colonial Heights, VA) off I-95 on Monday night during my drive back to NC after the holidays. Although they has NO handgun ammo, they DO have a mess of Federal Premium "Vital-Shok" 3" Magnum 12ga shotgun shells in 00 buck for a good price. I got two boxes, and left about 2 dozen more on the shelf. If anyone is looking for a GREAT home-defense 12ga cartridge, this is one of the best, and at a good price...

I also found (at another store in the same plaza) 230gr .45acp Federal Hydra-Shok "Law Enforcement" ammo in 50-round boxes for WELL under $40/box. (I recently paid that much for a 20-round box here in NC...) I'm not gonna tell the name of the store--this will be a "secret tip" for folks in the area who know the stores down there. I bought one box and plan on going back for more in a week or so when I get paid again. I would have bought 3 or 4 boxes, but I pretty much blew my budget on other people's Christmas, and the Serpa gear I bought for myself at Quantico Tactical Supply earlier in the day...

This same store also has Remington Gold Sabre, Cor-Bon, DPX, and Speer Gold Dot in .45acp--all in plentiful supply, and ALL at the lowest prices I've seen in this area in YEARS. In fact, their overall ammo selection (handgun {LOTS in ALL the popular calibers but not much in .380 auto}, rifle, shotgun) was simply astounding. If you live in the area, you probably know which store I'm talking about. And BTW, this store was VERY OC-friendly, and I has a a nice chat with a couple of salesmen about my Para, and 1911's in general.

They also had a BEAUTIFUL Dan Wesson 1911 in stainless. It had a bobbed butt, rosewood grips and was chambered in 10mm. The price was too rich for me, but it wasn't unreasonably priced at all. And they had a Para Ordnance .45 LDA PDA (the first one I've seen in a store in over a year!) that I was tempted to have them transfer to my dealer in NC, but I've got Grad School to pay for this semester...:banghead:

Get 'em while you can folks. Merry belated Christmas... :celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hope you took the time to pet their dog - he's a fixture there.:lol:

Yata hey

Dreamer

imported post

Didn't pet the dog, but when one of the salesmen wash showing me a Todd Jarrett signature model Para, he asked if I knew who Jarrett was. I said, of course, he's a "local boy". And the salesman said, "yeah, he's a hell of lot better at shootin' than he ever was as an electrician..."

To which I replied, "yeah, I see what you mean. I know I sure wouldn't want to get "lit up" by Todd Jarrett..."

They got a kick out of that.

Then we talked about Para moving from Canada to Charlotte NC, and the new LDA models, and he was REALLY pushing the new Para GI Expert model. They have a very interesting selection...

He almost hooked me when he pulled out that Dan Wesson 10mm bobtail though. Sweet...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Didn't pet the dog, but when one of the salesmen wash showing me a Todd Jarrett signature model Para, he asked if I knew who Jarrett was. I said, of course, he's a "local boy". And the salesman said, "yeah, he's a hell of lot better at shootin' than he ever was as an electrician..."

To which I replied, "yeah, I see what you mean. I know I sure wouldn't want to get "lit up" by Todd Jarrett..."

They got a kick out of that.

Then we talked about Para moving from Canada to Charlotte NC, and the new LDA models, and he was REALLY pushing the new Para GI Expert model. They have a very interesting selection...

He almost hooked me when he pulled out that Dan Wesson 10mm bobtail though. Sweet...
The Expert is one of those guns I've grown to love. It feeds everything I put in it and hits what I aim it at.