• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wallowa County out of state CHL

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I live in Washington but visit family and pass thru Oregonquite often. I was wondering if anyone had any experiance with the Wallowa County Sheriffs office granting an out of state CHL. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Jared

imported post

I would call them and ask them. I do know that Grant County will take Self Defense, he does not play any games with non-residents. If they apply and pass the background check, they get issued the permit.

If Wallowa is closer, I would call them, if their answer does not satisfy you, then head down to Grant County.

carracer

imported post

Please keep this thread up to date. I grew up in lincoln county then moved to Idaho. last summer I contacted teh Lincoln county sheriff dept for info and they said not to even bother applying. They do not issue to non residents. I visit Oregon often as I still have relatives and friends there. really would like the permit.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

My wife picked up the application about 2 months ago and there was no comments that were negitive. I also may have an advantage as my wife's family settled this part of the country and is related to,it seems like everyone,in Wallowa County. I will let you know what happens. I am in Enterprize as I write this and found out they only do fingerprints on Thursdays except for of course this Thursday.

carracer

imported post

I don't understand the appointments or only on certain days for prints. Do they have to borrow a machine from someone else? Certainly they are not so busy that they couldn't take the 15 minutes to get them done.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

carracer I think the problem is that they are too slow and do not need prints done very often. I know they shut down the jail facilities here and you go to Union County if you get arrested. Enterprize/WallowaCountyhasa very small population, there is noteven a stop light in the whole county. Fingerprinting is not rocket science you would think they could train more people. Oh well I will try again later.