Thread: Jury Duty - Pierce County

Post imported post

I've been selected for jury duty in Pierce County. Can anyone tell me if they are in compliance with the requirement to provide weapons lockers, if there is a special or designated door to use, and in general how much of a hassle they make it? I want to allow enough time on my first day so that I'm not late.

Thanks in advance.

Post imported post

They are in compliance, but several reports here have indicated an unforgivable amount of slowness in execution.

(When I was on jury duty summer before last, I just chickened out and left my handgun locked in my car gunsafe.)

Post imported post

Use the entrance on the west side of the building (off Yakima Ave). If they take too long, mention it to whomever you are to report.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I can't comment on the lock boxes. However, please permit me to pass along information I've found about the rights and powers of a juror:

An Essay on the Trial by Jury has some very interesting information on the rights and powers of a juror. Written by Lysander Spooner in 1852 it discusses things some judges would rather you didn't know.The first section is pretty enlightening:

http://lysanderspooner.org/node/35

Current information can be found at Fully Informed Jury Association's website:

http://fija.org/

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

No lock boxes in Tacoma. A deputy will show up with a cloth bag and will either (1) have you place the weapon in the bag or (2) remove your weapon and place it in the bag. I also left my spare mags with the weapon. No unloading was involved, my 1911 was locked and cocked. He has you sign a form and gives you a claim ticket.
    As was mentioned be prepared to wait at times.

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    No lock boxes in Tacoma. A deputy will show up with a cloth bag and will either (1) have you place the weapon in the bag or (2) remove your weapon and place it in the bag. I also left my spare mags with the weapon. No unloading was involved, my 1911 was locked and cocked. He has you sign a form and gives you a claim ticket.
    As was mentioned be prepared to wait at times.
    Same experience, just took the holster and spare mag off and placed it into a cloth bag.

Word of advice. Skip checking your firearm and just leave it locked in your car.