• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jury Duty - Pierce County

alienbogey

imported post

I've been selected for jury duty in Pierce County. Can anyone tell me if they are in compliance with the requirement to provide weapons lockers, if there is a special or designated door to use, and in general how much of a hassle they make it? I want to allow enough time on my first day so that I'm not late.

Thanks in advance.

kparker

imported post

They are in compliance, but several reports here have indicated an unforgivable amount of slowness in execution.

(When I was on jury duty summer before last, I just chickened out and left my handgun locked in my car gunsafe.)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I can't comment on the lock boxes. However, please permit me to pass along information I've found about the rights and powers of a juror:

An Essay on the Trial by Jury has some very interesting information on the rights and powers of a juror. Written by Lysander Spooner in 1852 it discusses things some judges would rather you didn't know.The first section is pretty enlightening:

http://lysanderspooner.org/node/35

Current information can be found at Fully Informed Jury Association's website:

http://fija.org/

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

No lock boxes in Tacoma. A deputy will show up with a cloth bag and will either (1) have you place the weapon in the bag or (2) remove your weapon and place it in the bag. I also left my spare mags with the weapon. No unloading was involved, my 1911 was locked and cocked. He has you sign a form and gives you a claim ticket.
As was mentioned be prepared to wait at times.

swatspyder

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
No lock boxes in Tacoma. A deputy will show up with a cloth bag and will either (1) have you place the weapon in the bag or (2) remove your weapon and place it in the bag. I also left my spare mags with the weapon. No unloading was involved, my 1911 was locked and cocked. He has you sign a form and gives you a claim ticket.
As was mentioned be prepared to wait at times.
Same experience, just took the holster and spare mag off and placed it into a cloth bag.

Word of advice. Skip checking your firearm and just leave it locked in your car.