Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44

Thread: Blueprint for Federal Action on Guns”

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602

    Post imported post

    This was the infamous 40 recommendations that the Washington Post reported on a few months ago

    There can be no doubt now that MAIG is a gun control group, and a particularly dangerous one. This blueprint is comprehensive, and very well put together. Whoever helped MAIG with this knows what they are talking about, and I would imagine is a former higher up at ATF, since it evinces a detailed knowledge of how ATF works, and what their weaknesses are.


    This is by no means a comprehensive list. Look at the document yourself to find others:
    • Require REAL ID compliant identification for all gun purchasers. Those in non-complying states, which are many, will no longer be permitted to buy firearms.

    • Recommends a ban on the importation of all “non-sporting” firearms and ammunition, and specifically calls for banning the FN Five-Seven. Kiss cheap imported rounds of military caliber goodbye. Maybe kiss Glock’s goodbye too. MAIG isn’t all that specific on what would be sporting or non sporting. Also note that MAIG can no longer claim they do not advocate banning guns. They do.

    • Calls for keeping records for people who get a NICS default proceed, which means your background check has not “cleared” but you went through the required three day waiting period. These records can be kept for up to 20 years, in the case of someone who’s name matches someone on the “terror watch” list and six months ordinarily. Default proceeds can happen if NICS has incomplete records, or the system is down for a protracted period of time.


    • Recommends ways for the administration to exploit loopholes in Tiahrt to publish information on “problematic” gun dealers (so they can be sued by New York City, no doubt). As we’ve pointed out on this blog before, having a lot of traces doesn’t necessarily mean a dealer is breaking the law.

    • Lots of recommendations for new record keeping requirements on the part of FFLs

    • Requiring placement of alternate serial numbers of every newly manufactured gun, and requiring serial numbers to be deeper and larger. Also require that a consistent serial numbering scheme be adopted across all manufacturers and importers.

    • Asks ATF to promote MAIG’s Responsible Dealer Partnership Program that they foisted on Wal-Mart, much like they do with NSSF’s “Don’t Lie for the Other Guy.” They imply NSSF’s program does not go far enough.

    • Asks the CPSC to mandate gun safety lock standards. Gun dealers are required to provide these, but many gun owners are older, or younger, and do not have children. This would be a way to add substantially to the cost of a firearm, if a 30 dollar lock needed to be included with each sale.

    • Extend the multiple purchase reporting requirement to long guns, especially ARs, 50 caliber firearms, and Kalashnikov variants. MAIG is not very clear on this, and I think it would be difficult for dealers to keep track of the current state of regulation.
    http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2009...rgs-blueprint/


    Yata hey



    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682

    Post imported post

    Somehow I never fail to be amazed by the fact that gun control is never about guns but all about control.

    Maybe if Mikey and the other mayors would start imposing control over their criminals, instead of trying to control folks in cities where they were not elected, it might have a positive effect in their own cities.

    IIRC it was Mark Twain that said "Politicians are idiots, but I repeat myself."

    stay safe.

    skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  3. #3
    Regular Member simmonsjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mattaponi, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    1,664

    Post imported post

    Wow. non-complying states will no longer be able to buy firearms.

    Bloomberg is off his balls. Does he know the federal gov't can't tell a state it can't buy firearms? Also more and more states are passing laws telling the feds they can't regulate intrastate firearms.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602

    Post imported post

    simmonsjoe wrote:
    Wow. non-complying states will no longer be able to buy firearms.

    Bloomberg is off his balls. Does he know the federal gov't can't tell a state it can't buy firearms? Also more and more states are passing laws telling the feds they can't regulate intrastate firearms.
    Problem is as I understand it is that these "laws" are more just position statements on items made in that state and sold for use in that state.

    What is the penalty and how enforced by the state against the Feds?

    Opposite scenario - ATF swoops in and seizes a FFL's books, then locks his doors, maybe seizing the dealer. Now what?

    Lots of unresolved questions - best to beat this before the fact.

    Yata hey

    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961

    Post imported post

    This is why gun owners should oppose real I'd.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  6. #6
    Regular Member KansasMustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Herington, Kansas, USA
    Posts
    1,005

    Post imported post

    Not only oppose Real ID but any and all Federal regs that call for any kind of data base for use in control. This is total BS.!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    KansasMustang wrote:
    Not only oppose Real ID but any and all Federal regs that call for any kind of data base for use in control. This is total BS.!
    Funny how they want everyone to have a special ID to purchase firearms, but when you suggest mandating people to present ID to vote, they have a hissy fit about it. "OH NOOOO, Can't do that! That would infringe on voters rights!!" yeah...right :X

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego County, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    1,402

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    KansasMustang wrote:
    Not only oppose Real ID but any and all Federal regs that call for any kind of data base for use in control. This is total BS.!
    Funny how they want everyone to have a special ID to purchase firearms, but when you suggest mandating people to present ID to vote, they have a hissy fit about it. "OH NOOOO, Can't do that! That would infringe on voters rights!!" yeah...right :X
    Criminals can have a deciding influence on the vote and have firearms. Law-abiding citizens can't. Very easy to understand these traitors.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    Ya know, when you think about this, it appears to look more like a blueprint for how to start a bloody civil war.

    I wonder if it would do any good to start petitions in each of our respective states to ban Mayor Bloomberg from entering our states. Perhaps, the state of NY could ban him from going outside the city limits of NYC. Make him a prisoner of his own cesspool.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego County, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    1,402

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    Ya know, when you think about this, it appears to look more like a blueprint for how to start a bloody civil war.

    I wonder if it would do any good to start petitions in each of our repsective states to ban Mayor Bloomberg from entering our states. Perhaps, the state of NY could ban him from going outside the city limits of NYC. Make him a prisoner of his own cesspool.
    Except he's king of the cesspool with his own royal guard. Force him to live in a place where everyone are law-abiding gun owners that hate him... just not enough to shoot him, and he'll be in hell.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Newbald, , United Kingdom
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    I was thinking about this "gun-registration" stuff.

    What happens if your gun is stolen, say, out of your truck? Presumably, it is no longer associated with you.

    If you subsequently recovered the weapon, would you be obliged to register it again?

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    David Turner wrote:
    I was thinking about this "gun-registration" stuff.

    What happens if your gun is stolen, say, out of your truck? Presumably, it is no longer associated with you.

    If you subsequently recovered the weapon, would you be obliged to register it again?
    If they try to start a national registration of firearms, there's going to be a huge increase in gun thefts and losses due to boating accidents before any of them get registered.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Newbald, , United Kingdom
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    That's what I figured.

  14. #14
    Regular Member buster81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,461

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    David Turner wrote:
    I was thinking about this "gun-registration" stuff.

    What happens if your gun is stolen, say, out of your truck? Presumably, it is no longer associated with you.

    If you subsequently recovered the weapon, would you be obliged to register it again?
    If they try to start a national registration of firearms, there's going to be a huge increase in gun thefts and losses due to boating accidents before any of them get registered.
    I've already lost all of mine in a tragic boating accident...

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Newbald, , United Kingdom
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    I've lost all of mine, too...in a tragic voting accident!

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    David Turner wrote:
    I've lost all of mine, too...in a tragic voting accident!
    Yeah, those "voting " accidents have been known to sink some pretty big ships.

  17. #17
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602

    Post imported post

    buster81 wrote:
    I've already lost all of mine in a tragic boating accident...
    I claim salvage rights.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  18. #18
    Regular Member sraacke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,222

    Post imported post

    Recommends a ban on the importation of all “non-sporting” firearms and ammunition, and specifically calls for banning the FN Five-Seven. Kiss cheap imported rounds of military caliber goodbye. Maybe kiss Glock’s goodbye too. MAIG isn’t all that specific on what would be sporting or non sporting.
    The 2nd Amendment never mentions sport or sporting weapons. It mentions a militia made up of the people. So as far as I can tell sport guns are not protected at all but weapons capable of serving in a militia role, ie battle rifles, would be protected.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    yale wrote:
    Recommends a ban on the importation of all “non-sporting” firearms and ammunition, and specifically calls for banning the FN Five-Seven. Kiss cheap imported rounds of military caliber goodbye. Maybe kiss Glock’s goodbye too. MAIG isn’t all that specific on what would be sporting or non sporting.
    The 2nd Amendment never mentions sport or sporting weapons. It mentions a militia made up of the people. So as far as I can tell sport guns are not protected at all but weapons capable of serving in a militia role, ie battle rifles, would be protected.
    Any firearm capable of sending lead in the direction of an enemy, foreign or domestic, is suitable as a militia weapon. That pretty much includes all of them.

    If our government wants a demonstration of that fact, it can be arranged. :X

  20. #20
    Regular Member buster81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,461

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    buster81 wrote:
    I've already lost all of mine in a tragic boating accident...
    I claim salvage rights.

    Yata hey
    You got it. I was about a hundred and fifty miles off the coast of Virginia Beach.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
    Posts
    56

    Post imported post

    Task Force 16 wrote:
    yale wrote:
    Recommends a ban on the importation of all “non-sporting” firearms and ammunition, and specifically calls for banning the FN Five-Seven. Kiss cheap imported rounds of military caliber goodbye. Maybe kiss Glock’s goodbye too. MAIG isn’t all that specific on what would be sporting or non sporting.
    The 2nd Amendment never mentions sport or sporting weapons. It mentions a militia made up of the people. So as far as I can tell sport guns are not protected at all but weapons capable of serving in a militia role, ie battle rifles, would be protected.
    Any firearm capable of sending lead in the direction of an enemy, foreign or domestic, is suitable as a militia weapon. That pretty much includes all of them.

    If our government wants a demonstration of that fact, it can be arranged. :X
    I totally agree. Place a good shot with a .22, it will kill something just as much as a 308 or a 30-06.


  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    Gizmoe142 wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:
    yale wrote:
    Recommends a ban on the importation of all “non-sporting” firearms and ammunition, and specifically calls for banning the FN Five-Seven. Kiss cheap imported rounds of military caliber goodbye. Maybe kiss Glock’s goodbye too. MAIG isn’t all that specific on what would be sporting or non sporting.
    The 2nd Amendment never mentions sport or sporting weapons. It mentions a militia made up of the people. So as far as I can tell sport guns are not protected at all but weapons capable of serving in a militia role, ie battle rifles, would be protected.
    Any firearm capable of sending lead in the direction of an enemy, foreign or domestic, is suitable as a militia weapon. That pretty much includes all of them.

    If our government wants a demonstration of that fact, it can be arranged. :X
    I totally agree. Place a good shot with a .22, it will kill something just as much as a 308 or a 30-06.
    Even archery equipment could be used in appropriate circumstances.

    A devious imagination and some injenuity can reek havoc, when applied properly.

    MAN THE CATAPULTS!! GET THE OIL A BOILING!!!!

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Newbald, , United Kingdom
    Posts
    69

    Post imported post

    Ah, the good old English Longbow.

    The only fly in the ointment is that the wood (YEW) is of a variety which is not grown here in England, but in Spain (IIRC). English Yew is too knotty...ask me how I know.

  24. #24
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602

    Post imported post

    David Turner wrote:
    Ah, the good old English Longbow.

    The only fly in the ointment is that the wood (YEW) is of a variety which is not grown here in England, but in Spain (IIRC). English Yew is too knotty...ask me how I know.
    Have you have discovered a "loophole" in the no defensive weapons attitude of your leaders. Robin Hood and his Merry Band would indeed be proud.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    David Turner wrote:
    Ah, the good old English Longbow.

    The only fly in the ointment is that the wood (YEW) is of a variety which is not grown here in England, but in Spain (IIRC). English Yew is too knotty...ask me how I know.
    You could upgrade to the modern compound bows. Made mostly of fiberglass and spring metal. Even the old long bows could be made of lamenated fiberglass.

    And ya don't need a suppressor for them either. They are very quiet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •