• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blueprint for Federal Action on Guns”

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

This was the infamous 40 recommendations that the Washington Post reported on a few months ago

There can be no doubt now that MAIG is a gun control group, and a particularly dangerous one. This blueprint is comprehensive, and very well put together. Whoever helped MAIG with this knows what they are talking about, and I would imagine is a former higher up at ATF, since it evinces a detailed knowledge of how ATF works, and what their weaknesses are.

This is by no means a comprehensive list. Look at the document yourself to find others:
  • Require REAL ID compliant identification for all gun purchasers. Those in non-complying states, which are many, will no longer be permitted to buy firearms.
  • Recommends a ban on the importation of all “non-sporting” firearms and ammunition, and specifically calls for banning the FN Five-Seven. Kiss cheap imported rounds of military caliber goodbye. Maybe kiss Glock’s goodbye too. MAIG isn’t all that specific on what would be sporting or non sporting. Also note that MAIG can no longer claim they do not advocate banning guns. They do.
  • Calls for keeping records for people who get a NICS default proceed, which means your background check has not “cleared” but you went through the required three day waiting period. These records can be kept for up to 20 years, in the case of someone who’s name matches someone on the “terror watch” list and six months ordinarily. Default proceeds can happen if NICS has incomplete records, or the system is down for a protracted period of time.
  • Recommends ways for the administration to exploit loopholes in Tiahrt to publish information on “problematic” gun dealers (so they can be sued by New York City, no doubt). As we’ve pointed out on this blog before, having a lot of traces doesn’t necessarily mean a dealer is breaking the law.
  • Lots of recommendations for new record keeping requirements on the part of FFLs
  • Requiring placement of alternate serial numbers of every newly manufactured gun, and requiring serial numbers to be deeper and larger. Also require that a consistent serial numbering scheme be adopted across all manufacturers and importers.
  • Asks ATF to promote MAIG’s Responsible Dealer Partnership Program that they foisted on Wal-Mart, much like they do with NSSF’s “Don’t Lie for the Other Guy.” They imply NSSF’s program does not go far enough.
  • Asks the CPSC to mandate gun safety lock standards. Gun dealers are required to provide these, but many gun owners are older, or younger, and do not have children. This would be a way to add substantially to the cost of a firearm, if a 30 dollar lock needed to be included with each sale.
  • Extend the multiple purchase reporting requirement to long guns, especially ARs, 50 caliber firearms, and Kalashnikov variants. MAIG is not very clear on this, and I think it would be difficult for dealers to keep track of the current state of regulation.
http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2009/12/28/bloombergs-blueprint/

Yata hey

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Somehow I never fail to be amazed by the fact that gun control is never about guns but all about control.

Maybe if Mikey and the other mayors would start imposing control over their criminals, instead of trying to control folks in cities where they were not elected, it might have a positive effect in their own cities.

IIRC it was Mark Twain that said "Politicians are idiots, but I repeat myself."

stay safe.

skidmark

simmonsjoe

imported post

Wow. non-complying states will no longer be able to buy firearms.

Bloomberg is off his balls. Does he know the federal gov't can't tell a state it can't buy firearms? Also more and more states are passing laws telling the feds they can't regulate intrastate firearms.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
Wow. non-complying states will no longer be able to buy firearms.

Bloomberg is off his balls. Does he know the federal gov't can't tell a state it can't buy firearms? Also more and more states are passing laws telling the feds they can't regulate intrastate firearms.
Problem is as I understand it is that these "laws" are more just position statements on items made in that state and sold for use in that state.

What is the penalty and how enforced by the state against the Feds?

Opposite scenario - ATF swoops in and seizes a FFL's books, then locks his doors, maybe seizing the dealer. Now what?

Lots of unresolved questions - best to beat this before the fact.

Yata hey

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
Not only oppose Real ID but any and all Federal regs that call for any kind of data base for use in control. This is total BS.!
Funny how they want everyone to have a special ID to purchase firearms, but when you suggest mandating people to present ID to vote, they have a hissy fit about it. "OH NOOOO, Can't do that! That would infringe on voters rights!!" yeah...right :X

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:
Not only oppose Real ID but any and all Federal regs that call for any kind of data base for use in control. This is total BS.!
Funny how they want everyone to have a special ID to purchase firearms, but when you suggest mandating people to present ID to vote, they have a hissy fit about it. "OH NOOOO, Can't do that! That would infringe on voters rights!!" yeah...right :X
Criminals can have a deciding influence on the vote and have firearms. Law-abiding citizens can't. Very easy to understand these traitors.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ya know, when you think about this, it appears to look more like a blueprint for how to start a bloody civil war.

I wonder if it would do any good to start petitions in each of our respective states to ban Mayor Bloomberg from entering our states. Perhaps, the state of NY could ban him from going outside the city limits of NYC. Make him a prisoner of his own cesspool.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Ya know, when you think about this, it appears to look more like a blueprint for how to start a bloody civil war.

I wonder if it would do any good to start petitions in each of our repsective states to ban Mayor Bloomberg from entering our states. Perhaps, the state of NY could ban him from going outside the city limits of NYC. Make him a prisoner of his own cesspool.
Except he's king of the cesspool with his own royal guard. Force him to live in a place where everyone are law-abiding gun owners that hate him... just not enough to shoot him, and he'll be in hell.

David Turner

imported post

I was thinking about this "gun-registration" stuff.

What happens if your gun is stolen, say, out of your truck? Presumably, it is no longer associated with you.

If you subsequently recovered the weapon, would you be obliged to register it again?

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

David Turner wrote:

What happens if your gun is stolen, say, out of your truck? Presumably, it is no longer associated with you.

If you subsequently recovered the weapon, would you be obliged to register it again?
If they try to start a national registration of firearms, there's going to be a huge increase in gun thefts and losses due to boating accidents before any of them get registered. :uhoh:

buster81

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
David Turner wrote:

If they try to start a national registration of firearms, there's going to be a huge increase in gun thefts and losses due to boating accidents before any of them get registered. :uhoh:
I've already lost all of mine in a tragic boating accident...:cry:

sraacke

imported post

Recommends a ban on the importation of all “non-sporting” firearms and ammunition, and specifically calls for banning the FN Five-Seven. Kiss cheap imported rounds of military caliber goodbye. Maybe kiss Glock’s goodbye too. MAIG isn’t all that specific on what would be sporting or non sporting.
The 2nd Amendment never mentions sport or sporting weapons. It mentions a militia made up of the people. So as far as I can tell sport guns are not protected at all but weapons capable of serving in a militia role, ie battle rifles, would be protected.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

yale wrote:
Recommends a ban on the importation of all “non-sporting” firearms and ammunition, and specifically calls for banning the FN Five-Seven. Kiss cheap imported rounds of military caliber goodbye. Maybe kiss Glock’s goodbye too. MAIG isn’t all that specific on what would be sporting or non sporting.
The 2nd Amendment never mentions sport or sporting weapons. It mentions a militia made up of the people. So as far as I can tell sport guns are not protected at all but weapons capable of serving in a militia role, ie battle rifles, would be protected.

Any firearm capable of sending lead in the direction of an enemy, foreign or domestic, is suitable as a militia weapon. That pretty much includes all of them.

If our government wants a demonstration of that fact, it can be arranged. :X