• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blueprint for Federal Action on Guns”

Gizmoe142

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
yale wrote:
Recommends a ban on the importation of all “non-sporting” firearms and ammunition, and specifically calls for banning the FN Five-Seven. Kiss cheap imported rounds of military caliber goodbye. Maybe kiss Glock’s goodbye too. MAIG isn’t all that specific on what would be sporting or non sporting.
The 2nd Amendment never mentions sport or sporting weapons. It mentions a militia made up of the people. So as far as I can tell sport guns are not protected at all but weapons capable of serving in a militia role, ie battle rifles, would be protected.

Any firearm capable of sending lead in the direction of an enemy, foreign or domestic, is suitable as a militia weapon. That pretty much includes all of them.

If our government wants a demonstration of that fact, it can be arranged. :X

I totally agree. Place a good shot with a .22, it will kill something just as much as a 308 or a 30-06.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gizmoe142 wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
yale wrote:
Recommends a ban on the importation of all “non-sporting” firearms and ammunition, and specifically calls for banning the FN Five-Seven. Kiss cheap imported rounds of military caliber goodbye. Maybe kiss Glock’s goodbye too. MAIG isn’t all that specific on what would be sporting or non sporting.
The 2nd Amendment never mentions sport or sporting weapons. It mentions a militia made up of the people. So as far as I can tell sport guns are not protected at all but weapons capable of serving in a militia role, ie battle rifles, would be protected.

Any firearm capable of sending lead in the direction of an enemy, foreign or domestic, is suitable as a militia weapon. That pretty much includes all of them.

If our government wants a demonstration of that fact, it can be arranged. :X

I totally agree. Place a good shot with a .22, it will kill something just as much as a 308 or a 30-06.

Even archery equipment could be used in appropriate circumstances.

A devious imagination and some injenuity can reek havoc, when applied properly.

MAN THE CATAPULTS!! GET THE OIL A BOILING!!!!

David Turner

imported post

Ah, the good old English Longbow.

The only fly in the ointment is that the wood (YEW) is of a variety which is not grown here in England, but in Spain (IIRC). English Yew is too knotty...ask me how I know.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

David Turner wrote:

The only fly in the ointment is that the wood (YEW) is of a variety which is not grown here in England, but in Spain (IIRC). English Yew is too knotty...ask me how I know.
Have you have discovered a "loophole" in the no defensive weapons attitude of your leaders. Robin Hood and his Merry Band would indeed be proud.:D

Yata hey

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

David Turner wrote:

You could upgrade to the modern compound bows. Made mostly of fiberglass and spring metal. Even the old long bows could be made of lamenated fiberglass.

And ya don't need a suppressor for them either. They are very quiet. ;)

Alexcabbie

imported post

Bloomberg is all about control and money. He mandated that all NYC cabs be equipped with credit-card readers. Let me tell you, nothing pi$$es me off worse than getting a street hail and having the moron present a xxxx damned credit/debit card. Radio calls, I gotta take em but if I am picking up a street hail, I am doing it mostly because I am in need of cash for oh, say, FUEL.

You know those Visa ads where they show a line of ppeople paying for their coffee and donut with a swioe of a card, and then some guy comes up with cash and they give him dirty looks while the cheesed-off clerk roots for change? BALONEY. In the time it takes for one credit card to process and be signed off, I could ring up and make change for two or three people.

It is control and nothing but. And so many of these idiots who so blithely pay for everything they can with a debit card, either unaware or not caring that every time they do, a permanent record is made of what they just did; are the people who scream loudest about the Patriot Act and "snooping".

And I imagine Bloomberg is really creaming his Jos A. Banks over the fact that with "electronic cash"; truly private gun sales will be rendered impossible.

I really wonder what Bloomie is gonna do when the Ubamanistas come for his money?

David Turner

imported post

It's a fact that Big Government needs big taxation.

Of course, people don't care much for that, so they try to avoid paying..."Black economy".

Much more difficult to slip a few quid into your back pocket when the transaction is recorded by a computer.

Over here, there have been some experiments with "barter economies". A village or community has instigated a system of exchange...say, plumbing repairsfor leg of lamb...you get the idea.

This system has vexed the Revenue because it is not illegal, but the Revenue can't get its cut. I suppose that you could save up those off-cuts of lamb until the end of the year and post those, along with your Income Tax Return.

In the UK, the average person pays 40% or more of his earned income, in taxation. Much of this is indirect taxation, of course, which is less visible to the more casual observer.

What's it like over there, in terms of taxation? Expect it to get worse, anyway...Mr Obama has big plans for your money. Enjoy. :celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

David Turner wrote:
It's a fact that Big Government needs big taxation.

Of course, people don't care much for that, so they try to avoid paying..."Black economy".

Much more difficult to slip a few quid into your back pocket when the transaction is recorded by a computer.

Over here, there have been some experiments with "barter economies". A village or community has instigated a system of exchange...say, plumbing repairsfor leg of lamb...you get the idea.

This system has vexed the Revenue because it is not illegal, but the Revenue can't get its cut. I suppose that you could save up those off-cuts of lamb until the end of the year and post those, along with your Income Tax Return.

In the UK, the average person pays 40% or more of his earned income, in taxation. Much of this is indirect taxation, of course, which is less visible to the more casual observer.

What's it like over there, in terms of taxation? Expect it to get worse, anyway...Mr Obama has big plans for your money. Enjoy. :celebrate
All income, cash or otherwise is to be reported. This includes the value of bartered or exchanged goods. Will leave this up to someone else to cite - too busy w/things at the moment.

IRS leaves no stone unturned and no tern unstoned. :(

Yata hey

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Even archery equipment could be used in appropriate circumstances
The bow sends no report when expelling its arrow. Not sure how far their effective reach is though.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
Wow. non-complying states will no longer be able to buy firearms.

Bloomberg is off his balls. Does he know the federal gov't can't tell a state it can't buy firearms? Also more and more states are passing laws telling the feds they can't regulate intrastate firearms.
If they do anything close to what MAIG want, then the State should stop sending ALL tax money to DC and kick all Federal IRS people out of the State and shut down all Federal buildings. Its getting close to time to play real hard ball with the over reaching Federal Government.

David Turner

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
If they do anything close to what MAIG want, then the State should stop sending ALL tax money to DC and kick all Federal IRS people out of the State and shut down all Federal buildings. Its getting close to time to play real hard ball with the over reaching Federal Government.

That would be secession, wouldn't it?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

David Turner wrote:
Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:

That would be secession, wouldn't it?

No that would stop the federal intrusion, into where it has no right to be.

On another point I feel we need to have another "tea party" were stop giving our government money. Even if half of U.S. did this, we could drastically change the way things are done.

David Turner

imported post

There is a musician in the UK, called Billy Bragg. He has started a Facebook campaign with the aim of the general witholding of taxes from Govt.

Very difficult to achieve with the current systems that are in place. A general strike would be more effective.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

David Turner wrote:
There is a musician in the UK, called Billy Bragg. He has started a Facebook campaign with the aim of the general witholding of taxes from Govt.

Very difficult to achieve with the current systems that are in place. A general strike would be more effective.
Yea it is difficult. What kind of general strike are you thinking of?

David Turner

imported post

I wasn't. I was just proposing an idea.

The Brits did try a General Strike in 1926, but it was defeated and failed.

Can't see how you can avoid paying taxes unless you are self-employed and have to fill in an annual tax return. I suppose that most Americans are taxed at source, in the same way that we are...Pay As You Earn.

For those people, the onlyway to avoid paying taxes would be to avoid earning money; as far as I can see.

I don't know whether you have ever been on strike. I have. The big, big problem is always that minority of people who refuse to support the strike action. They will always undermine the strike's effectiveness.

But, in principle, you are right. If you can cut off the dollars, Government simply dies. All the soldiers and all thepolicemen cannot force a population to work.

But, by God, it'd be difficult to organise...unless and until, things get really tough.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

David Turner wrote:
But, by God, it'd be difficult to organise...unless and until, things get really tough.

Sometimes I fear that is where we are heading.

I was told by an IRS agent once that they could tax my barter value if I traded. I told him if I trade some apples for oranges I'll give him an orange but not any money.

Your above stated reasons is why I feel its more likely to happen at a local level, not paying property tax etc.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Well, Massachussetts has spoken. And they told the Ubamanista statists "F:cuss:K YOU!". Damp Teddy's seat has been taken by a Republican Conservative in a State that fell to Ubama by 27 points in '08.

There is no way the Ubamanistas can dismiss this - as they did with the May gubernatorial elections - as "not a referendum on this administration" because it so is.

The State that gave us Lexington, Concord Bridge, and the Shot Heard Round the World has once again awakened and fired upon a budding tyranny.

This cannot be good news to our friends at MAIG and the Brady Center. As for me, I would just like to say this:

:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey:celebrate

okboomer

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Ya know, when you think about this, it appears to look more like a blueprint for how to start a bloody civil war.

I wonder if it would do any good to start petitions in each of our respective states to ban Mayor Bloomberg from entering our states. Perhaps, the state of NY could ban him from going outside the city limits of NYC. Make him a prisoner of his own cesspool.
:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey<<- Bloomberg, the monkey on our backs

Amen, brother ... looking like someone wants something to get started ... just so they can pass more laws infringing on citizen's rights.