• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Darwin award goes to...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

gbu28 wrote:
SNIP Unfortunately, it makes the sane firearm owners look bad to everyone else.
The achilles heel in that mechanism is the shift in causation. Fixing it just requires putting the cause back in its right place. For example,

"Somepeople will think sane firearms owners are just as bad."

After you have the causation properly assigned to the person doing the thinking, its just a matter of recognizing the thinkers' failure to differentiate between drunks and sane gun owners. And, for those who do fail to differentiate, just do the differentiating for them.

I never worry about these things. Its too easy to straighten out the error bymaking known the truth, and making the distinctions. That is not to say it doesn't have to be done.It is just not worth worrying over too much.

In this case, I kinda doubt there are all that many idiots who would equate blind drunks with sane gun owners.

gbu28

imported post

I meant it more tongue in cheek than as a serious cause for concern. :)

Mostly, I was thinking, what dumb azzes.

gbu28

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
How can these charges stick, from my understanding, the arresting officer did not witness any of this, and all his/her evidence is hearsay. Unless the arrested individual(s) confirmed through admission.

Sadly, almost always people are all too happy to tell their side of the story. I would suspect the same goes for this.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Rule #1: Don't talk to police.

Rule #2: At the point where you feel/think you have to talk to the police .......... See Rule #1